Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

11 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They can’t leave without their male companion. 😉 😁

The area behind the curtain may be a waiting area for BLU guests.

1803525595_AntonioManuelMacedoSilva18.jp

I am intrigued by these figures. I don’t find them at all frightening. I look forward to viewing them in person. I do think it’s a pity that these three were given such a bland background (reminds me of hospital & office building lobbies). The subtle beauty of their wood grain and sculptured planes would really pop against a less monotonous background. That said, it’s possible the intent of this art installation is to startle us, make us pause, look, think, and get off autopilot for a few moments.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I will try to corner an engineer onboard and get all the details. I did sit next to the Chief Engineer (? If that’s the correct title) at a captain’s table dinner one time and had a fascinating talk about azipods. My DH was so jealous and kept leaning around me to ask him questions about what lubricants were used for the ship. Now that was fascinating dinner talk! We sat across from the Sanitation Engineer and that was not great for dinner conversation either, but interesting to discuss. 😄

One of the things that were quite fascinating for me in the early cruising times was the placard on the promenade deck of the Oceania ships that states at what distance from the shore they are allowed to dump the food wastes (and what kind of them!) in the sea/ocean. Very educational!

12 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They can’t leave without their male companion. 😉 😁

The area behind the curtain may be a waiting area for BLU guests.

1803525595_AntonioManuelMacedoSilva18.jp

These are the work of artist Xavier Veilhan.

www.veilhan.com/

Xavier.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

You seem to know me too well, Bo, though we never met  :classic_biggrin:

Time will tell if, when and where I might cruise again after Edge. Here in Germany, cruisers start getting stigmatized for cruising, especially when the ship of your choice runs on problematic fuel.
Oh, and I do not agree too much with Celebrity´s pricing (though, I repeat again, this ship might deliver a lot of bang for the buck). 
But for this pre-cruise, I might be very in love after it  :classic_love:

Something you can consider doing for your next The Edge sailing is just tell family and friends you are holidaying in Florida for for a week or ten (10) days...

Then years later tell them of the wonderful sailings and explorations you were having during the 'Florida' holidays...

By that time, it will possibly have passed...

bon voyage and we look forward to your review(s) and photos...

12 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I just checked on the Edge and she is only doing 1.8 knots. Maybe the execs and officers are having Dinner on the Edge and didn't want their napkins to  blow away.  :classic_smile:

She is almost at top speed, at 20.1 knots

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, Iamthesea said:

I tried to quote with just one photo of BLU that I saw several pages back.  It did not work.  I wanted to point out/ask about the chairs shown in the photo.  It's the one where a crew member is hanging light crystals on the ceiling.  The chairs look like hard plastic lunch room chairs.  Surely they are not the chairs that we are to sit in for dinner in BLU???

I've also wanted to see a recent photo an AQ stateroom and the IV.  Have any been posted, yet?  Thank you!

I did not get any replies before about opinions on the Blu chairs.  I found the photo and reposting.

Portovénéré Dom  32.jpg

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I am intrigued by these figures. I don’t find them at all frightening. I look forward to viewing them in person. I do think it’s a pity that these three were given such a bland background (reminds me of hospital & office building lobbies). The subtle beauty of their wood grain and sculptured planes would really pop against a less monotonous background. That said, it’s possible the intent of this art installation is to startle us, make us pause, look, think, and get off autopilot for a few moments.

Yes, I want to see the wooden people in person. I think they will be placed in such a way to be striking, if not to everyone’s taste. If not to my taste, they will be great conversation pieces and good for directions, ie., turn right at the Blu ladies... Another cool thing to add to my list and to discover how many there are and where they are placed.  :classic_wink:

These photos are amazing. Thank you once again.

Have to say, though that I am not a lover of the bright orange / red / pink lights around the pool area etc at night. Ugh.

I think our dear Mr Edge will need blinkers or a stable somewhere further down the ship !!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Something you can consider doing for your next The Edge sailing is just tell family and friends you are holidaying in Florida for for a week or ten (10) days...

Then years later tell them of the wonderful sailings and explorations you were having during the 'Florida' holidays...

By that time, it will possibly have passed...

bon voyage and we look forward to your review(s) and photos...

Actually, I always fly over to FL and do a road trip before I go onto the ships of my choice. So, not too much harsh lying necessary...

Oh well, enough of off topic, I need to start blowing the dust off my suitcase...

Edited by Nemanoxer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I did not get any replies before about opinions on the Blu chairs.  I found the photo and reposting.

Portovénéré Dom  32.jpg

If I had to guess, I would say those are most likely the chairs that will be used at Blu for the outside seating and not for inside. They look a lot like the chairs used for the MC, during the TA tour a few months back given the chairs are more all weather. Below is a rendering for Blu and the chair are very different and more what we would expect inside for dinning. I will know for sure in 24 days, but  VT will know sooner. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 11.06.04 AM.png

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Portovénéré Dom  32.jpg

In answer to your question, please look at the following photo... I think if you can try to see through the curtains, that the hard plastic chairs you are referring to are no longer in place in Blu - there are now some light-colored rounded chairs, which look as if they might be a lot more comfortable than the others.

image.png.65bba89640c414835e6364fe2f37a5df.png

To me, they look more like the ones in VT's post than Mcampo's, because the backs do not look like they have a pattern on the outside.  But with the curtains, it is rather difficult to be sure.  I like the theory that those hard white ones would be for the Blu outdoor area, which makes a lot of sense.  

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Maybe they will have padded cushions for the seat and back.  Otherwise they do look like Backyard plastic chairs.

They could have some type of padded cover that goes over the whole thing.  What we are seeing doesn’t look great. 

2 hours ago, kmb4567 said:

Has anyone posted a pic from #9111 or similar facing forward?  Was told it was 238 sq. ft. and wondering how the extra sq footage would actually be.  Sailing on 2/17 and reality looking forward to it.

I have one of those Category 06 ocean views booked for December. Will let you know then. In the meantime, I found this on a deck plan. 72-3.jpg

2 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

In answer to your question, please look at the following photo... I think if you can try to see through the curtains, that the hard plastic chairs you are referring to are no longer in place in Blu - there are now some light-colored rounded chairs, which look as if they might be a lot more comfortable than the others.

image.png.65bba89640c414835e6364fe2f37a5df.png

To me, they look more like the ones in VT's post than Mcampo's, because the backs do not look like they have a pattern on the outside.  But with the curtains, it is rather difficult to be sure.  I like the theory that those hard white ones would be for the Blu outdoor area, which makes a lot of sense.  

I think you are correct. The original chairs appear to have been replaced with rounded ones. Also if you look at the original rendering for Blu the chairs look more like the ones you point out behind the curtain... scroll down until you hit Blu https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/dining/main-dining/

Thank you all!  My rear feels so much better! 🧚‍♂️

Makes sense that the shown chairs are for the outdoor area, and hopefully will have padding.   Would love to sit outside if the weather is decent, but still do not want to sit in a hard chair for 2 hours. :classic_dry:

The chairs in the curtain photo look just like the chairs that are currently in all of the Blu restaurants.  Very comfy!

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Thank you all!  My rear feels so much better! 🧚‍♂️

Makes sense that the shown chairs are for the outdoor area, and hopefully will have padding.   Would love to sit outside if the weather is decent, but still do not want to sit in a hard chair for 2 hours. :classic_dry:

The chairs in the curtain photo look just like the chairs that are currently in all of the Blu restaurants.  Very comfy!

To be honest, I have no idea where those chairs will go. In looking at all the images I can not find a spot for them. I wonder if they belong in a crew area or are extra chairs.. but they don't match roof top garden or other outdoor areas... which frankly have more attractive chairs