Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Wonderful photos Lloyd, thank you! :classic_smile:.  Looking closely at the pic of the Martini Bar which was recently posted, it appears that it does not have the signature "frosted top" like it does on the Solstice Class ships??  Or maybe it is difficult to tell in the photo?  Always thought that was kind of a neat feature.

11 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Wonderful photos Lloyd, thank you! :classic_smile:.  Looking closely at the pic of the Martini Bar which was recently posted, it appears that it does not have the signature "frosted top" like it does on the Solstice Class ships??  Or maybe it is difficult to tell in the photo?  Always thought that was kind of a neat feature.

Mid you enlarge the pic, it looks like standard frozen top to me; but we will know soon enough. 

54 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Lloyd!!

Looks like our lovely ladies are outside of Blu! 😊

5A1FF815-2A75-479F-B722-513452115CB7.thumb.png.41620d451e66d961e935b19038a5c352.png  

Oh my...they are hideous...  hope they beam up to the mothership

Wondering about those curtains over a carpeted area..l hope BLU  is  more sep with actual walls...looks odd???

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Oh my...they are hideous...  hope they beam up to the mothership

Wondering about those curtains over a carpeted area..l hope BLU  is  more sep with actual walls...looks odd???

They can’t leave without their male companion. 😉 😁

The area behind the curtain may be a waiting area for BLU guests.

1803525595_AntonioManuelMacedoSilva18.jp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

They should cover the pool with a dance floor at night. With all that lighting it looks like it would make for an awesome outdoor dance club.

That's actually a great idea. Lots of disco lights already to set the mood.Maybe they'll do it also for something like those late night buffets some cruise lines use to do. 

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just checked on the Edge and she is only doing 1.8 knots. Maybe the execs and officers are having Dinner on the Edge and didn't want their napkins to  blow away.  :classic_smile:

Slow cruising for sure. Maybe they want to enjoy Edge longer and are in no hurry to get to Freeport :classic_smile:

I have just looked through all the interior photos from Ponta Delgada.
Oh my, this ship makes feel so underdressed even by today.

Makes you wanna run around in a tuxedo every night and in finest casual garments throughout the day.

She just looks like I wanted the next X ship to look like.  Sorry for repeating myself, I am just blown away by the interior.
Better only look at her exterior in the future, that shall save me loads of bucks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

I have just looked through all the interior photos from Ponta Delgada.
Oh my, this ship makes feel so underdressed even by today.

Makes you wanna run around in a tuxedo every night and in finest casual garments throughout the day.

She just looks like I wanted the next X ship to look like.  Sorry for repeating myself, I am just blown away by the interior.
Better only look at her exterior in the future, that shall save me loads of bucks.

Methinks it will grow on you big time!

😊

bon voyage

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

S Class has 2, so I would guess 2 - not sure of size. :classic_smile:

I will try to corner an engineer onboard and get all the details. I did sit next to the Chief Engineer (? If that’s the correct title) at a captain’s table dinner one time and had a fascinating talk about azipods. My DH was so jealous and kept leaning around me to ask him questions about what lubricants were used for the ship. Now that was fascinating dinner talk! We sat across from the Sanitation Engineer and that was not great for dinner conversation either, but interesting to discuss. 😄

48 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Methinks it will grow on you big time!

😊

bon voyage

You seem to know me too well, Bo, though we never met  :classic_biggrin:

Time will tell if, when and where I might cruise again after Edge. Here in Germany, cruisers start getting stigmatized for cruising, especially when the ship of your choice runs on problematic fuel.
Oh, and I do not agree too much with Celebrity´s pricing (though, I repeat again, this ship might deliver a lot of bang for the buck). 
But for this pre-cruise, I might be very in love after it  :classic_love: