Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

12 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

I have never been on a Celebrity cruise before.  Can somebody tell me what purpose the "Le Grand Bistro" serves during the morning and at lunch?  

I know it is a "specialty restaurant" during dinner time?  

TIA

I'm not sure if this was answered yesterday, but I will add to it, if it was discussed. Le Grand Bistro is new to Celebrity on the Edge so we are all waiting to see what it is like. :classic_smile: It has changed a bit since the first culinary press release where it was a French Bistro breakfast, lunch and dinner, with Le Petit Chef at dinner once/sailing. It is now going to offer Le Petit Chef every night, likely because of its popularity on other ships.

There are many complimentary breakfast and lunch venues on the Edge.  Le Grand Bistro is a for fee venue for someone who might want a change from the complimentary venues in a nice cafe-type atmosphere.

Breakfast: It looks like there will be pastries for purchase and breakfast for $10 - unsure exactly what will be offered.

Lunch will be offered for $20. The lunch menu is:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Le-Grand-Bistro.pdf

This overview of the dining is helpful, but a couple of things are outdated (still says Le Petit Chef is once/sailing, for example).

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

This thread may help answer other dining questions and feel free to ask questions, if you have any.  We are all very excited to try the new dining venues on the Edge.  :classic_smile:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2517351-the-many-choices-of-edge-dining-venues-how-do-we-choose/

• Like 1

Love this picture, looking at Eden from the outside. It is finally looking finished off. There will be amazing views from inside and out. This ship will intrigue people in port and I suspect will sell itself to many (won't appeal to all, but many will want to see more and book it, I suspect).

image.png.873bfe0dc0a3b0aae676209173bce04d.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

It’s great to see a bit of the bridge, and views from the bridge. I love the small ship in the last batch of photos! It’s been a treat to explore bits and pieces of the ship and her intriguing art from the human perspective of the shipyard workers who built her and the crew who are sailing her. Thanks again to all those who’ve taken photos and to those who’ve posted them here😎

Edited by Silkroad

4 hours ago, cruise47 said:

To Lloyd555 and to Vtcruising, Thanks for your latest photos of The Edge, they are all just amazing. Excellent. Excellent!!!!

Celebrity you are doing a nice job of teasing your future cruisers about The Edge.

Where are your professional photos?

This space isn’t owned by Celebrity. You’ll find any professional photos on their web site, on their social media sites, and in press releases, though it’s possible CC members will repost some of them here. Also, why would Celebrity pay for a full professional photo shoot before  the ship is completely finished? I would certainly not expect more professional photos before Edge has arrived in FL, and received her final touches.

Edited by Silkroad

Cruise Industry News has just published the following article - with great photos - about Edge's stop in Ponta Delgada.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19923-photos-celebrity-edge-makes-technical-stop-in-azores.html

However, they did not say why she made a "technical stop" or what they did there in regard to it.  But they are some nice photos by Antonio Silva.

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not sure if this was answered yesterday, but I will add to it, if it was discussed. Le Grand Bistro is new to Celebrity on the Edge so we are all waiting to see what it is like. :classic_smile: It has changed a bit since the first culinary press release where it was a French Bistro breakfast, lunch and dinner, with Le Petit Chef at dinner once/sailing. It is now going to offer Le Petit Chef every night, likely because of its popularity on other ships.

There are many complimentary breakfast and lunch venues on the Edge.  Le Grand Bistro is a for fee venue for someone who might want a change from the complimentary venues in a nice cafe-type atmosphere.

Breakfast: It looks like there will be pastries for purchase and breakfast for $10 - unsure exactly what will be offered.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Le-Grand-Bistro.pdf

This overview of the dining is helpful, but a couple of things are outdated (still says Le Petit Chef is once/sailing, for example).

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

This thread may help answer other dining questions and feel free to ask questions, if you have any.  We are all very excited to try the new dining venues on the Edge.  :classic_smile:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2517351-the-many-choices-of-edge-dining-venues-how-do-we-choose/

I love the menu.

It looks like they named a salad, LA SALADE "LUTOFF" after the Celebrity President/CEO.

Even though we don't do big lunches, it may be a destination one day. At least the same day I go to the fitness center!

1 minute ago, SeaWatch12 said:

I love the menu.

It looks like they named a salad, LA SALADE "LUTOFF" after the Celebrity President/CEO.

Even though we don't do big lunches, it may be a destination one day. At least the same day I go to the fitness center!

Yes, we saw that when it came out and got a chuckle out of it. :classic_smile:

I think the fitness center will be busy since everyone is going to want to try all of the new dining venues!

As promised, I checked out where there may be good spots to see the EDGE

when she arrives and is docked in Port Everglades.

I found two spots with clear views of what appears to be Terminal 25 from the

Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park in Dania Beach.

Almost at the end of North Ocean Drive is the Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center.

It's a beautiful facility and I was able to see the terminal clearly from their dock area. The Coast Guard station is next to it.

Should also be a good spot to see the ship come in from the inlet.

Be aware that the park does not open till 8AM (and there is a $6.00 per vehicle entry fee).

Also, as I was driving back out of the park, I found a big parking area that had a boat ramp and a lookout area facing the other end of terminal 25.

While neither are directly opposite the terminal, they are pretty close to it.

Maybe I'll see some of you there on the 19th! I'll post photos.

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking down on the bow, I wonder if they will continue doing the helipad sailaways there and have people gather below where there is more room (and less wind) and then have people take turns going up to the higher yellow helipad area (since it would be too small for the usual sailaway). Another option would be to have a sailaway on the forward spa veranda shown in the second picture.

image.thumb.png.22d96c6fd1684d7c34f448f6cdc049e8.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f6b4e6463feceec602eab1f5eb60bffc.jpeg

Great photos, VT! I hope they will still extend helipad invitations on Edge. I love being at the bow for sail away. I know some don’t like the wind, but that’s not an issue for me. I can see that the spa Veranda would also be an option, but it’s further from the sea. 

38 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Almost at the end of North Ocean Drive is the Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center.

It's a beautiful facility and I was able to see the terminal clearly from their dock area. The Coast Guard station is next to it.

Be aware that the park does not open till 8AM (and there is a $6.00 per vehicle entry fee).

Also, as I was driving back out of the park, I found a big parking area that had a boat ramp and a lookout area facing the other end of terminal 25.

Mark

Thanks so much for checking it out.  I will go there later in the day.  As much as I would love to see her arriving, it just isn't worth getting in that rush hour traffic.  Plus, I can't miss my morning workout.

42 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Mark

Thanks, Mark!  I think that would be a great place, but do you think Nova will allow more than one of us (as in you plus potential others) on their property for long enough to watch the complete arrival and docking?  It is also possible, I believe, to enter the port area with proper identification.  How else would private parties pick up disembarking passengers?  Parking is available at the midport garage, and is a short walk to T25.  There looks to be an open area at the end of that roadway, where the turnaround is.  Possibly a potential vantage point also.  Unless, of course, it is filled with news vans and photographers.  Difficult to determine at this time, but a distinct possibility, I am sure.  Her arrival will be very newsworthy, at least in the FL area.  

21 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks so much for checking it out.  I will go there later in the day.  As much as I would love to see her arriving, it just isn't worth getting in that rush hour traffic.  Plus, I can't miss my morning workout.

Hey, for a historic occasion???

You can do a routine at the park... I say go for it..

:classic_biggrin:

bon voyage

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

That menu looks great!!

Why is my room light always on?!

edge_8308.png.efdcbdbc0f1244d4ad7276a4e35ec990.png

3 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

45661487_570652906703409_6166893891057352704_n.jpg

So, I've been worried that my S3 was going to be dark because of the Magic Carpet – now I have to worry that I'll be living in a 'red light district.'  Look at the glow on the deck 12, 11, and even 10 S3s!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

Lloyd555 any news?

Not getting any new details.

Also, I assume the news is coming from some of the 100-200 shipyard workers still onboard.

I am still just being told about vibration on deck 6.

BTW, I would have posted earlier/sooner, but I can’t access the Cruise Critic forums through Tapatalk through my phone since the site update. I usually have to wait until I have access to my home or work laptop.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Hey, for a historic occasion???

You can do a routine at the park... I say go for it..

:classic_biggrin:

bon voyage

It is much more about the long drive in rush hour than the workout. :classic_biggrin:  I just through that in to try to justify not going to myself.  With my luck, it would probably come in early and I would miss it anyway.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Looking down on the bow, I wonder if they will continue doing the helipad sailaways there and have people gather below where there is more room (and less wind) and then have people take turns going up to the higher yellow helipad area (since it would be too small for the usual sailaway). Another option would be to have a sailaway on the forward spa veranda shown in the second picture.

image.thumb.png.22d96c6fd1684d7c34f448f6cdc049e8.png

On the S-class ships, that area just below the helipad is for crew only. Either the invitations for sail aways on the Edge will be very exclusive (a very small group) or perhaps discontinued. If they were to be held, as you suggest, on the higher deck, is there a way to keep other guests from joining a private event?

2 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Cruise Industry News has just published the following article - with great photos - about Edge's stop in Ponta Delgada.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19923-photos-celebrity-edge-makes-technical-stop-in-azores.html

However, they did not say why she made a "technical stop" or what they did there in regard to it.  But they are some nice photos by Antonio Silva.

I read on here or Facebook that it was a planned stop in Azores. They left France early to avoid poor weather and the stop was to check latest forecasts. Makes logical sense but whether it’s factually correct I know not. 

Bob

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

That makes sense. I wonder too if they will just have a small group (and maybe more sailaways).

The spa veranda has a door out from the spa where they could put a sign "Private Event in Progress." It may not get used a lot since it is out of the way.

image.thumb.png.fe8e728fc4342e89b143897bdbeb2753.png

Edited by vtcruising

40 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Not getting any new details.

Also, I assume the news is coming from some of the 100-200 shipyard workers still onboard.

I am still just being told about vibration on deck 6.

BTW, I would have posted earlier/sooner, but I can’t access the Cruise Critic forums through Tapatalk through my phone since the site update. I usually have to wait until I have access to my home or work laptop.

Have you tried going to cruisecritic.com and logging in? I can't use Tapatalk anymore for CC either.  I've been able to use my iphone by logging in directly (or by hitting the link in my email notifications), but may be different in Canada.

Edited by vtcruising