Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

13 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

He might be happier on an S-class ship, with the Lawn for grazing :classic_wink:

Oh, noooooo, we would have to change his name!  Somebody better keep an eye on him on December 9th, when Edge and Silhouette are both in port in Ft. Lauderdale, so he doesn't jump ship!  Wow.  I didn't know he was a jumper!  :classic_smile:  

Then again, does a statue of a horse really need real grass when he can have his choice of all the decorative fake plants and trees on Edge?

Edited by beachbunny6

I am thinking we should nominate  Vt  to spearhead a  brand new thread entitled

ON THE EDGE, for the  first cruises,,,..ready to receive  comments,  photosm videos and  links, etc,,,,

What does everyone think?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

ON THE EDGE, for the  first cruises,,,..ready to receive  comments,  photosm videos and  links, etc,,,,

I vote YES for that!  

2 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Same^

I have been very surprised reading through these threads.  To me, the ship looks amazing and I feel very fortunate to be able to board it in the future.  ChicagoPaul has some good advice in his thread on the main board for those that are getting upset 

I feel the majority of the posts on this thread have been positive. Even those that point out something they don’t think they will like say they will wait to make their minds up once they cruise.

We are very excited to cruise Edge in February.  Have we noticed a few things we have concerns or questions about?  Sure we do. We have purchased dinner at Eden.  We don’t know if we will like anything on the menu, but we’re also looking forward to trying something different - our of our comfort zone I guess. 

Only time time will tell how the majority of cruisers react to this new ship. My guess is that most guests on the first couple of cruises will be previous guests of X. It will take several months to get a true take of how well the ship is received. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I feel the majority of the posts on this thread have been positive. Even those that point out something they don’t think they will like say they will wait to make their minds up once they cruise.

We are very excited to cruise Edge in February.  Have we noticed a few things we have concerns or questions about?  Sure we do. We have purchased dinner at Eden.  We don’t know if we will like anything on the menu, but we’re also looking forward to trying something different - our of our comfort zone I guess. 

Only time time will tell how the majority of cruisers react to this new ship. My guess is that most guests on the first couple of cruises will be previous guests of X. It will take several months to get a true take of how well the ship is received. 

All good points!

4 hours ago, cruise47 said:

I do not understand why people are so negative. When no cruise passenger have actual sail The Edge.

I think some on CC are clearly negative people. Others are delusional 😂... Some of us realize this beautiful ship is not complete yet & we will see some professional photos after the stop in the Bahamas 🇧🇸 

Enjoy the Sea + each & every day 😉

Edited by Naughty&Nautical

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Nice idea, hcat!  It would be good to have a place where people who are cruising the Edge, or have just returned, could share their impressions, pictures, videos. Any further ideas are welcome! :classic_smile:

I will be starting a LIVE thread of my adventures starting Nov 24th (when we arrive in FLL). I will hopefully have a video to share of my grand entrance onto the Edge: I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it will involve a horse, a polar bear and some maple syrup....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Same^

I have been very surprised reading through these threads.  To me, the ship looks amazing and I feel very fortunate to be able to board it in the future.  ChicagoPaul has some good advice in his thread on the main board for those that are getting upset 

I am very surprised reading such a negative reaction 😂 (sorry for joking about it, it is funny how the posts about "negativity" go boomerang and pop up again and again after every 3-4 pages of posts)

But to be honest, it is hard to imagine that everyone here should be posting ONLY "Yay!" (like a bunch of minions would do) reactions... If this is the rule, then let's post this rule in the upper bar... Oh wait, but the name of the site in the upper bar is Cruise CRITIC (someone before had actually brought this up already)! :classic_biggrin:

There is a clear line between being negative and poop on everything, and being observant and ask questions. If I personally sound too negative - my sincere apologies 🙂 At the minimum, each of my "negative" posts ends up with a positive expression of my excitement to sail on the Edge soon! 

YAY!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Nice idea, hcat!  It would be good to have a place where people who are cruising the Edge, or have just returned, could share their impressions, pictures, videos. Any further ideas are welcome! :classic_smile:

I will be starting a LIVE thread of my adventures starting Nov 24th (when we arrive in FLL). I will hopefully have a video to share of my grand entrance onto the Edge: I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it will involve a horse, a polar bear and some maple syrup....:classic_rolleyes:

Oh, VT, please be careful!  You KNOW bears have a sweet tooth!   

Can't wait for the VT  Live report

Want to keep this info stream as well...the Blocks title is sadly nearing the end..

Soon  eyes will be on the APEX build.

(something  about that name; seems better for a rocket ship)

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Can't wait for the VT  Live report

Want to keep this info stream as well...the Blocks title is sadly nearing the end..

Soon  eyes will be on the APEX build.

(something  about that name; seems better for a rocket ship)

I know, it is bitter-sweet! :classic_smile: :classic_sad:

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Can't wait!

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

6 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Can't wait!

Sign me up too!  OTOH I won't be following the Apex thread – been there, done that thanks to Lloyd.  The new thread will be, in Yogi's famous words, 'Deja vu all over again' :classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Sign me up too!  OTOH I won't be following the Apex thread – been there, done that thanks to Lloyd.  The new thread will be, in Yogi's famous words, 'Deja vu all over again' :classic_laugh:

Maybe APEX will have some new  aspects once EDGE feedback is in.

3 hours ago, marylander2 said:

I am very surprised reading such a negative reaction 😂 (sorry for joking about it, it is funny how the posts about "negativity" go boomerang and pop up again and again after every 3-4 pages of posts)

But to be honest, it is hard to imagine that everyone here should be posting ONLY "Yay!" (like a bunch of minions would do) reactions... If this is the rule, then let's post this rule in the upper bar... Oh wait, but the name of the site in the upper bar is Cruise CRITIC (someone before had actually brought this up already)! :classic_biggrin:

There is a clear line between being negative and poop on everything, and being observant and ask questions. If I personally sound too negative - my sincere apologies 🙂 At the minimum, each of my "negative" posts ends up with a positive expression of my excitement to sail on the Edge soon! 

YAY!!!

Exactly! You see things you like, you see things you don't like and you see things you are unsure about that you want to find out more about. It's called having a balanced opinion. My issues have been more of marketing and hype vs. reality rather than a question of it being a bad ship. Some people just want to come here and stir up trouble though. Pay them no mind.

• Like 2