Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

On 11/3/2018 at 12:04 PM, Lloyd555 said:

Found the horse. Don't know if it's the final resting place for it.

Maybe they'll move it after the crossing of the pond, when the ship is more stable. :classic_tongue:

GROOAN?

Sorry. Came up with that on the spur of the moment. Maybe I should rein it in.

17 hours ago, jryan110 said:

Whoa Nelly!  You're having a hay day with these puns!!

You guys are beating a dead horse! :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

polar bear.jpg

Based on this photo, I am not liking the Infinite veranda.  The window does not appear to go down all the way, which leaves the height too high for comfortable viewing if standing at the rail.  Especially if you are short!

And based on this video, at the 3:28 mark, it appears that they are already having trouble with the windows.  Notice the maintenance guy banging on the window, and many only 1/4 down.

58 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Anyone travelling in the Penthouse Suite (besides the polar bear & penguin)? :classic_biggrin:

brian abel 1.jpg

brian abel 4.jpg

brian abel 3.jpg

brian abel 2.jpg

brian abel 5.jpg

edge-penthouse-.jpg

penthouse-2-1920x1080.jpg

Thanks for the preview

I will never have one of these, but must say it is not very plush.. canvas lanterns will collect dust...first photos show dull beige..the grey seems much more alive

The jetted tub is nice,  with a window but has high step up..

Hope those who pay the big bucks will enjoy it!

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Based on this photo, I am not liking the Infinite veranda.  The window does not appear to go down all the way, which leaves the height too high for comfortable viewing if standing at the rail.  Especially if you are short!

And based on this video, at the 3:28 mark, it appears that they are already having trouble with the windows.  Notice the maintenance guy banging on the window, and many only 1/4 down.

Did not notice the window issue but will watch the video again..it was really great....love the horn blasts

We have already concluded that seated views  out of the Veranda will be difficult due to where the top window stops and also it will be double panes if seated..

Have already  dubbed it our AQ veranda kennel!

That's funny! 

I showed my husband and together we determined that the higher height of the mid rail, combined with the lower seating,  may just work better for views out than with some of the other ships verandas!  But looking through double panes of salt crusted windows could prove to be a problem.  We will just have to enjoy the extra room that these verandas offer when the window is up. 🙂

Edited by Iamthesea

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the preview

I will never have one of these, but must say it is not very plush.. canvas lanterns will collect dust...first photos show dull beige..the grey seems much more alive

Could not edit...CC hiccup

And the mirror strips in the grey version are visually distracting

On 11/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, Silkroad said:

I agree, partly because Mr. Edge is far too thin. Hanging out by the hippie van will give him access to munchies, and I’m sure the bartender would salt the rim of his water bucket😉

Wonder if the bartender goes by the name of Wilbur??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the preview

I agree. Not very impressed. It also looks smaller than Penthouse on S or M class but apparently it is larger on interior space vs. S class. Balcony has been reduced in size by half compared to S class though and is over 5x smaller than M class. The massive balcony is one of Penthouse on the other ships so that is disappointing.

Edge

room - 1378 sq ft

balcony - 197 sq ft

S Class

room - 1291 sq ft

balcony - 385 sq ft

M Class

room - 1432 sq ft

balcony - 1098 sq ft

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The Normandie Restaurant looks amazing in this video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpzlbZMHzwO/

Thanks for this video,,..

It is lovely... great decor, love the crystal, lalique looking items, chairs look comfy......AND  best of all the  regular and special menu  choices  seem first rate as well. Hope they have the nice Italian music like the existing Tuscan...For an included MDR..not bad!

We have 2 nights booked there for our Nov cruise....I may reprise the b-day dress for a  belated Anniv Dinner at Tuscan,.,,nice wine, good food.....romance!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Thanks for this video,,..

It is lovely... great decor, love the crystal, lalique looking items, chairs look comfy......AND  best of all the  regular and special menu  choices  seem first rate as well. Hope they have the nice Italian music like the existing Tuscan...For an included MDR..not bad!

We have 2 nights booked there for our Nov cruise....I may reprise the b-day dress for a  belated Anniv Dinner at Tuscan,.,,nice wine, good food.....romance!

That sounds wonderful!  🥂

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Oh, no...... they are almost as creepy as the metal trees in the semi-darkness!   Sorry, friends, but that's MHO.

Okay..they look very familiar but what are they ? We really need to get our  hands on the art folio asap,,  Hope they not in the spa either....

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

I agree. Not very impressed. It also looks smaller than Penthouse on S or M class but apparently it is larger on interior space vs. S class. Balcony has been reduced in size by half compared to S class though and is over 5x smaller than M class. The massive balcony is one of Penthouse on the other ships so that is disappointing.

Edge

room - 1378 sq ft

balcony - 197 sq ft

S Class

room - 1291 sq ft

balcony - 385 sq ft

M Class

room - 1432 sq ft

balcony - 1098 sq ft

Size is one issue, esp reduced balcony space,,.but  how do you think the  location, layout, decor and materials  compare to the others. To me ( who usually loves beige) the beige here  is bland  and uninspired..The grey is better but a bit cold,,.maybe with light streaming in they will show better,

,Hoping to see the other suite styles that we might be able to try.....

Edited by hcat

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Size is one issue, esp reduced balcony space,,.but  how do you think the  location, layout, decor and materials  compare to the others. To me ( who usually loves beige) the beige here  is bland  and uninspired..The grey is better but a bit cold,,.maybe with light streaming in they will show better,

,Hoping to see the other suite styles that we might be able to try.....

No, I have not been wowed by the style so far from seeing the Penthouse or bit of the Royal Suite. Iconic Suite was kind of messy still so can’t fully judge. Not necessarily the best lighting in these photos we’ve seen so far so hopefully they look better in full daylight or full room lighting.

I have to say I have found Edge a bit anticlimactic overall from all the photos that have been coming out. It honestly doesn’t look that much different from S-class and there really isn’t much that’s “cutting edge” that I’ve seen. I’m sure I will have a comfortable and enjoyable cruise as I always do with Celebrity but I guess I was just expecting a bit more based on how much they have hyped this ship.