Longer Cruises on Celebrity

LewiLewi

We love Celebrity and have cruised with them many times. We have done BtoB's with them as well. Our favorite cruises are longer cruises of 30 plus days, but Celebrity doesn't offer this. We are now sailing other lines that offer longer cruises. We would really like it if X would offer longer cruises at least once in a while.

We love Celebrity and have cruised with them many times. We have done BtoB's with them as well. Our favorite cruises are longer cruises of 30 plus days, but Celebrity doesn't offer this. We are now sailing other lines that offer longer cruises. We would really like it if X would offer longer cruises at least once in a while.

Look at repositioning cruises....For example, last Alaska of the season, cruise to Hawaii, around Hawaii, South Pacific finishing in Sydney. Alternatively look at cruises from Asia, through the Suez and add on the first Mediterranean cruise of the season.

I don't think I've ever seen an X cruise that was 20 or more days.

- Joel

The longest I can find is 18 or 19 days long. It is from or to Hawaii from Sydney Aust. You can B2B it with a 12 day cruise for a total of 30 days.

Dates are

April 11/2018 Sydney to Honolulu 19 nights

April 29/2018 Honolulu to Vancouver 12 nights

Total of 31 nights with an overnight in Honolulu

We have 2 30-day total B2B's booked for this year. First is Aril from Singapore to Rome (via Abu Dhabi) and the second is in November from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires (via Valparaiso).

They will be our first B2B's as we will finally both be retired.

We have 2 30-day total B2B's booked for this year. First is Aril from Singapore to Rome (via Abu Dhabi) and the second is in November from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires (via Valparaiso).

They will be our first B2B's as we will finally both be retired.

Both sound wonderful. Enjoy!

If memory serves :eek: the cruise lines that have the longer cruises are on 8-9-1000 passenger ships, not the 2000-3000 Celebrity has.

Not really. Princess does them on Emerald which is up there passenger wise. HAL are around 1,400 and have a lot.

Edited by Cruise Junky

We also want to take longer Celebrity cruises (30 to 60 days or longer) when we retire in a few years (hopefully).

Celebrity's current listing of cruises makes it difficult to plan longer b2b cruises.

Suggestion to Celebrity - Publish a sequential list of the cruises for each ship. This would make it much easier to plan longer cruises i.e. B2B2B2B etc.

Hopefully someone at Celebrity is listening.

Bob

Be great if Celebrity added an Indian Ocean itinerary e.g. Capetown to Singapore/Australia.

We're planning a trip to Africa in a few years and would love to cruise back which from other cruise co intineries is 20 - 30 days.

Time for Celebrity to really Go Beyond Borders!

We generally also are on a cruise ship for over 30 nights. Given that we fly to cruise embarkation ports it just makes sense to maximize that expenditure on air fare.

We often we string a series of cruises together to create an itinerary interesting to us. In 2015 we did an Antarctic cruise out of Buenos Aires followed by a Buenos Aires to Valparaiso leg followed by the Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale leg, and will be doing another B2B2B series this March re-visiting part of that itinerary. But we also are not adverse to repeating legs. For example in 2012 we did a San Diego to Miami leg followed by a Miami to Seattle cruise; that cruise re-visited a number of the Central American ports, which was fine with us as we visited different attractions.

I don't think I've ever seen an X cruise that was 20 or more days.

- Joel

In 2014 the now departed Century had a twenty-three night cruise from San Francisco to Sydney. We stayed onboard for the following twelve night South Pacific cruise. But I think that unusual 23 night cruise sold well.

Suggestion to Celebrity - Publish a sequential list of the cruises for each ship. This would make it much easier to plan longer cruises i.e. B2B2B2B etc.

Hopefully someone at Celebrity is listening.

Bob

At least in the past the onboard future cruise sales office has had such a listing for interesting sequential cruises. I wish it was posted on the Celebrity website.

My mother-in-law takes those real long cruises, 64 days, 102 days, etc. She goes Holland America but it's really only a bunch of cruises strung together. Granted they are all on the same ship so maybe that's the difference.

For me, no way would I ever want to be on a ship that long. Not sure I could even do 14 days. Day 9 of my last cruise and I was ready to get home. Not that I wasn't enjoying myself but I was ready to get off the ship.

good luck

We generally also are on a cruise ship for over 30 nights. Given that we fly to cruise embarkation ports it just makes sense to maximize that expenditure on air fare.

We often we string a series of cruises together to create an itinerary interesting to us. In 2015 we did an Antarctic cruise out of Buenos Aires followed by a Buenos Aires to Valparaiso leg followed by the Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale leg, and will be doing another B2B2B series this March re-visiting part of that itinerary. But we also are not adverse to repeating legs. For example in 2012 we did a San Diego to Miami leg followed by a Miami to Seattle cruise; that cruise re-visited a number of the Central American ports, which was fine with us as we visited different attractions.

In 2014 the now departed Century had a twenty-three night cruise from San Francisco to Sydney. We stayed onboard for the following twelve night South Pacific cruise. But I think that unusual 23 night cruise sold well.

At least in the past the onboard future cruise sales office has had such a listing for interesting sequential cruises. I wish it was posted on the Celebrity website.

There is a site ( can't name the online TA) that you can do that on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, Celebrity is going in the other direction. Shorter cruises. What used to be 14-night cruises are now being changed to 9 to 12-night cruises. Apparently those of us who enjoy 14-night (or longer) cruises are no longer their target market.

This is a shame. Celebrity itineraries are not as exciting and interesting as the competition. Partly due to the size of the ships and their younger target market who's work commitments will prevent many from enjoying longer trips.

It will be interesting to see what they do itinerary wise once the Edge class comes online. Unless of course they simply just replace the older M class ships.

If only you could sail on an S class ship following a HAL itinerary.