Website Issues - Help please!

spart02

Does anyone else have issues logging into their Celebrity account? I'm trying to book my shore excursions and having no luck. I've tried three different days to do this and keep getting the same message (see attached Thumbnail). I have cleared the cookies from my browser and still get the same message. Any suggestions?

1512939655_CelebrityIssues.jpg.b3a50a8861ccd272ba6cac17a2840039.jpg

Does anyone else have issues logging into their Celebrity account? I'm trying to book my shore excursions and having no luck. I've tried three different days to do this and keep getting the same message (see attached Thumbnail). I have cleared the cookies from my browser and still get the same message. Any suggestions?

You could always call the Captains Club line to book them over the phone. Or ask that they have your log in unlocked?

I had a similar problem. I had no luck when I tried to access my account up in the right hand corner with my name and password. I called and was told to access my reservation via another way. I went to Already Booked ? on the Celebrity site and entered that way. No problems from then on.

If you access your reservation and the sign out, you have to wait 20 minutes.

I had a similar problem. I had no luck when I tried to access my account up in the right hand corner with my name and password. I called and was told to access my reservation via another way. I went to Already Booked ? on the Celebrity site and entered that way. No problems from then on.

If you access your reservation and the sign out, you have to wait 20 minutes.

I had a somewhat similar problem in that my 2 booked cruises had disappeared from the My Reservations section. I called CC and they "claimed" that they had someone working on the IT problem. Gave me the same "Already Booked" work around so that I could check out transfers for our upcoming cruises, but under the Transfers section, it says UNAVAILABLE. It is amazing that they can't get the website fixed to perform simple reservation management tasks without a phone call....

By the way, I routinely use Chrome as my browser of choice, but when that didn't work, I tried Edge, and still had no luck. So in my opinion it doesn't appear to be Browser related, which I guess having their IT people working on it for a long time might bear that out. When I talked to the CC people on Friday, they mentioned that IT couldn't give them a time frame that it would be solved.

(I just got off the phone with the CC representative again, as I still have no reservations showing when I log in. She was very apologetic and is probably as frustrated as we are. She said that fixing the current 2 week old issue with the website is a priority, but has no time frame. She also said that IT "hopes" to have an entirely new website in place in about a year!)

Edited by clojacks
New website info

.......... She was very apologetic and is probably as frustrated as we are. She said that fixing the current 2 week old issue with the website is a priority, but has no time frame. She also said that IT "hopes" to have an entirely new website in place in about a year!)

That is what they were telling us over a year ago!

Regardless of when people ask, the standard reply seems to be either "by the end of the year" or "in about a year." ;)

Edited by varoo

You really wonder how much business celebrity loses because of everyone having so many issues with the website. Getting frustrated and going elsewhere. Or the massive numbers of people that have to call in because of a website issue. The extreme number of customer service people needed to answer phones.

If you have a website that actually works consistantly and is user friendly wouldnt it make people want to book more excursions and take more vacations on Celebrity?

Just my crazy thinking!

You really wonder how much business celebrity loses because of everyone having so many issues with the website. Getting frustrated and going elsewhere. Or the massive numbers of people that have to call in because of a website issue. The extreme number of customer service people needed to answer phones.

If you have a website that actually works consistantly and is user friendly wouldnt it make people want to book more excursions and take more vacations on Celebrity?

Just my crazy thinking!

It cannot be that bad for so many passengers as all of my sailings on X for the past two (2) years and into next year have been/are 90%+ booked. If it is that bad, then it is not a deterrent for booking sailings and excursions in my opine.

It is quite possible that others are doing something different? Who knows for sure.

Yet, I trust it will be fixed and soon for those having issues and need to have access to the site right away and no other way to get the information required or wanted or needed. It can be frustrating, I Am sure.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I use a laptop. I'm able to log in and navigate the website and my reservations without any issues using IE or ME.

Edited by davekathy

I posted about issues I had last week. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2435942

It seems very hit and miss whether I can access the .com site. Sometimes I can, others I can't. I have no issues with either .ie or .co.uk.

I like to monitor the prices and offers Celebrity are selling in each location, but it's difficult when the .com one doesn't want to work properly.

I am having difficulty getting to the online check-in page, glad to hear it isn't just me. (Using iPad and Safari.) Guess I will have to call the PVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sungold

I had a recurring problem booking dining & shore excursions online - everything doubled up in my 'cart', charging double. If I deleted one of them. they both deleted. I sent a 'Feedback' email defining the website problem. About 5 days later, I received a nice email reply from a Customer Service staff member, with the usual 'boiler plate' apologies, plus the statement that they were so sorry that they had been unsuccessful in their attempts to reach us by phone to resolve the problem.

That created a bigger gripe - no one from Celebrity had called us. We were home the entire time, and have voicemail on both phones, plus call logs, which show no calls from unfamiliar numbers during that period. A few days later, we received an email survey asking if we were satisfied with the response to our inquiry, so we were able to tell them exactly what we thought of their service.

Back to the original problem, which occurring using Microsoft Edge - after reading suggestions here, I switched to Internet Explorer and was able to do the bookings with no problem.

I am having difficulty getting to the online check-in page, glad to hear it isn't just me. (Using iPad and Safari.) Guess I will have to call the PVP.

Just an update...I went on my desktop computer and was able to complete check-in using Firefox. They really should work on being compatible with other browsers, or at least tell you that they don't work well with Safari and others.

How do you tell the Booked % ?

t - there are websites which show current pricing and % of cabins, it is aware of, which are sold.

In my experience, it has been very accurate on the pricing side, which leads me to believe that the % occupancy is accurate, as well. 100% accurate? Most likely not, yet close or so I believe.

bon voyage

Just an update...I went on my desktop computer and was able to complete check-in using Firefox. They really should work on being compatible with other browsers, or at least tell you that they don't work well with Safari and others.

s - Sorry you had challenges, now you know and others do as well... even though many times it is written on CC about trying other browsers or methods, if continuously, one does not succeed in online access...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I have been working with Celebrity to get it fixed, but we'll see. The guy I'm working with has had good follow-through so far, which is nice. I ended up booking one of my excursions over the phone though, which is a pain.

I called Celebrity for help. I had already completed the online check-in a few days ago so I wanted to print the express pass and request luggage tags. The lady at celebrity (Dawn Lemay) was very helpful. She emailed a PDF of the express pass which I could then print out and then requested my luggage tags. Hope the rest of you can find a solution. Dawn said that their online checki in does not work well with google chrome. I don't know if that is actually the problem because when I completed the online check-in, it was with google chrome and I could have printed it out but just choose not to at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums