Last Minute Booking

ger_77

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I can barely sit to type. Today we did something we've never done before - booked a last minute cruise. After lunch we received an email from HAL and one of the itineraries listed was a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise from Tampa .... leaving this Friday.

The temperature here on the "frozen tundra" is currently -21C and we're supposed to be in the -40C and below for the weekend; that coupled with the fact that we were trying to decide what to do for our 40th wedding anniversary helped push us in the direction of the phone to HAL, air miles, and hotel sites. I booked our cruise, the air and hotels - pre and post in Tampa, and now am in the process of packing and getting the house and cat ready for the sitter. Whatever we have, we have; what we don't, we can buy in Tampa before we sail. Wish us luck, as we leave the day after tomorrow at 6AM.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Good for you:D

It's too dam cold here as well.

I would just be afraid we couldn't get out:(

Great that you could still get FF miles and get your kitty taken care if in time.:)

It sounds like all the stars were aligning for your cruise. It's meant to be.

Have a Great Time and bask in the warmth :D

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I can barely sit to type. Today we did something we've never done before - booked a last minute cruise. After lunch we received an email from HAL and one of the itineraries listed was a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise from Tampa .... leaving this Friday.

The temperature here on the "frozen tundra" is currently -21C and we're supposed to be in the -40C and below for the weekend; that coupled with the fact that we were trying to decide what to do for our 40th wedding anniversary helped push us in the direction of the phone to HAL, air miles, and hotel sites. I booked our cruise, the air and hotels - pre and post in Tampa, and now am in the process of packing and getting the house and cat ready for the sitter. Whatever we have, we have; what we don't, we can buy in Tampa before we sail. Wish us luck, as we leave the day after tomorrow at 6AM.

Awesome Gerry! Have a great time in the sun and warmth! :)

Fantastic! What a good job you've done. I'm curious where you fly out of.... if it's that cold it should be good and clear.

Keep the block heater plugged in so you can get to the airport ;)

And do you drain your house water lines? We do and it's never been that cold, not -40 either C or F.... but if there was a problem it'd be a royal mess, so we drain.

Blessings that all the last minute things so smooth. Safe travels and have a sunny, hot blast in the tropics! We're all excited with you! m--

Fantastic! What a good job you've done. I'm curious where you fly out of.... if it's that cold it should be good and clear.

Keep the block heater plugged in so you can get to the airport ;)

And do you drain your house water lines? We do and it's never been that cold, not -40 either C or F.... but if there was a problem it'd be a royal mess, so we drain.

Blessings that all the last minute things so smooth. Safe travels and have a sunny, hot blast in the tropics! We're all excited with you! m--

Don't think that the cold keeps the snow away. I used to believe that, but here i have discovered it snows at -30 and -35. :( Depressing.

Glad Geri is escaping and wiahing her safe travela snd no weather interruptions.:o

Edited by kazu

Congrats! I've always dreamed of getting a last-minute offer that was too good to pass up. Once I retire at the end of this month, perhaps I will. (DH retired six months ago.) Our first trip after my retirement will be to the Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam five days after my last day at work. I booked it right after Christmas, which seems like last minute--but nothing like booking a cruise that leaves in less than a week.

Keep the block heater plugged in so you can get to the airport

Blessings that all the last minute things so smooth. Safe travels and have a sunny, hot blast in the tropics! We're all excited with you!

Our main vehicle will remain in the garage for the duration of our trip, and we will book a taxi to get us to the airport. We don't drain our house lines, as the pipes are deep enough that they generally don't freeze. We are having a house/cat sitter stay, so she will take care of things, and has all the emergency numbers, etc., just in case the furnace quits or something like that. If we go away in the summer, I usually turn off the water in case the washing machine decides to start filling on it's own, as it tried to one time.

All packed, now for grooming appointments (for us, not the cat) for tomorrow!

Don't think that the cold keeps the snow away. I used to believe that, but here i have discovered it snows at -30 and -35. :( Depressing.

Glad Geri is escaping and wiahing her safe travela snd no weather interruptions.:o

Brutal! Here snow comes with the front and then the clear skies behind sometimes with the deep cold, though haven't seen lower than -20F up on our ridge at near 9000 ft, much colder down the hill to where we get to the paved road, only 8000 ft; cold flows downhill. I just have to remember our recent warm, wonder filled days in the South Pacific! Ahhh.

ger77 - Congratulations on the cruise and the milestone! We're all pulling for you to have grand celebratory getaway! m--

We did the same thing and booked the same cruise on Sunday. 5 days from sailing. We winter in Tampa Bay so it's an easy drive to the port. There is a fairly active roll call and an informal meet and greet scheduled for the first sea day.

It's been a tough winter in the prairie provinces. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

--

Hopefully not, if the cat and the sitter are going to be in the house!