Last Minute Booking

ger_77

Congratulations on both your cruise and your anniversary! I'm glad that those of you who can take advantage of these last minute deals are able to do so. I always thought that the last minute airfare would exceed the savings on the cruise fare (but that doesn't matter if you can get flights on points, as you did).

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We have been pleasantly surprised with some of the late booking air, price and route, that we have been able to secure. Seldom around popular stat. vacation periods unless we were going when everyone was coming so to speak-mid December, early Jan.

Some of our best trans ocean air fares have been booked inside the 30/45 day window. The best two ever were only out 40 and 10 days respectively. Same for a few one ways. You never know until you start shopping..same for reward tickets.

Edited by iancal

Have a wonderful cruise, Geri! We're doing the same itinerary in 3 weeks. It's a nice one. 23" of snow here.

We don't have as much snow as you, but tonight we are under an extreme cold warning where temperatures and wind chill are expected to dip into the mid -40's. Our taxi comes at 3:30 in the morning; I don't expect it to be warmer by then. :rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We don't have as much snow as you, but tonight we are under an extreme cold warning where temperatures and wind chill are expected to dip into the mid -40's. Our taxi comes at 3:30 in the morning; I don't expect it to be warmer by then. :rolleyes:

Just surprised taxis still run at -40; Have a safe flight down south!

Oh my, Geri! You are getting out just in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never received a email offer from HAL, how do I sign up for that? Retiring soon and would love to be able to take advantage of that.

If you have sailed with HAL, you should be getting them. If not, call HAL Customer Service.

If you haven't yet sailed with HAL, go online and sign up for emails on special offers.

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I can barely sit to type. Today we did something we've never done before - booked a last minute cruise. After lunch we received an email from HAL and one of the itineraries listed was a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise from Tampa .... leaving this Friday.

The temperature here on the "frozen tundra" is currently -21C and we're supposed to be in the -40C and below for the weekend; that coupled with the fact that we were trying to decide what to do for our 40th wedding anniversary helped push us in the direction of the phone to HAL, air miles, and hotel sites. I booked our cruise, the air and hotels - pre and post in Tampa, and now am in the process of packing and getting the house and cat ready for the sitter. Whatever we have, we have; what we don't, we can buy in Tampa before we sail. Wish us luck, as we leave the day after tomorrow at 6AM.

Awesome!

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited I can barely sit to type. Today we did something we've never done before - booked a last minute cruise. After lunch we received an email from HAL and one of the itineraries listed was a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise from Tampa .... leaving this Friday.

<snip>

Wish us luck, as we leave the day after tomorrow at 6AM.

Very happy for you both and happy anniversary! It's my ambition to do a last minute cruise one day, but probably from a port close to home (the airfare is usually the killer). Hope you have a WONDERFUL time!

Sorry to sound dumb, but how do you receive an "Last Minute" sailing notice? I have heard about people trying to do this, but I thought you just would call and see if they have anything, I would actually like to receive an email notice.

Help?

Sorry to sound dumb, but how do you receive an "Last Minute" sailing notice? I have heard about people trying to do this, but I thought you just would call and see if they have anything, I would actually like to receive an email notice.

Help?

For most ports, there are agencies that specialize in this. You can also sign up for pack & go fares with most lines. The emails seem to be based a little more on where you live. We're in the same ZIP code as Port Everglades and we get a lot of emails during the Caribbean season. Nothing during Alaska.

For most ports, there are agencies that specialize in this. You can also sign up for pack & go fares with most lines. The emails seem to be based a little more on where you live. We're in the same ZIP code as Port Everglades and we get a lot of emails during the Caribbean season. Nothing during Alaska.

Location explains a lot! Thanks.