Angry Chair Hogs

bouhunter

...unless they've been standing there for half an hour watching your chair how do they know how long you've been gone?...

When the couple on one side of two "toweled" chairs says that they have been there for an hour and haven't seen anyone in the chairs in question, and the couple on the other side says that they have been there for two hours and haven't seen anyone in the chairs in question, that is a pretty strong indicator.:rolleyes:

...We always take our dirty towels with us when we leave. Most don't. Don't know if the chair is actively in use or were the people just too lazy to take their towel to the bin...

Witnessed it many times. They'll pickup only their personal crap and split.

On some ships we enjoyed the show early in the morning, while drinking a

cup of coffee up in the VCL. We were watching the chair hogs slink out of the

shadows with a pile of towels...look around to see if anyone was watching

(could not see us up in the VCL) and then put them all out on 6-8 chairs.

I can't take credit for this photo, but I love it! I've tried unsuccesfully to capture another. Note the time is AM.

chairhog.jpg

Edited by BillOh

I can't take credit for this photo, but I love it! I've tried unsuccesfully to capture another. Note the time is AM.

chairhog.jpg

I'm usually on the walking track at approximately 6:AM for 1.5 hours everyday and I see this all the time for the duration of my walk. Once they're set up they slither away.

Edited by davekathy

There would be plenty of seats by the pool, if no one "reserved" them, but just sat in them when they were ready to use them. I don't think most people plan to spend the entire day, in one seat.

It is really strange that the original posters "Chair hogs" found other seats near by, but were still mad that their original seats were now occupied. Were they just looking for trouble?

This is a valid point. I will also add there will be more seats by the pool if they would put up a little cubby place for towels and shoes. So many times I go to the pool for an hour and want to swim and there is no place for my things. If you try and find an out of the way spot on a ledge for ground, someone will step on it. On Jewel you may see my towel on the back of the lion by the pool ;)

Can you post them if you blur the faces? I've posted robe pics before. No one ever said anything to me about it.

Perhaps I could. It would be a shame though, the look on the face of the guy stuck in the chair for an hour while the look of the guy who just walked away is priceless.

chairhog.jpg

I am glad you like getting up that early ..... lol I wonder what time they will show up to claim those towels... my bet they are eating breakfast

Edited by troykahack

Can you post them if you blur the faces? I've posted robe pics before. No one ever said anything to me about it.

For John - :) I call this the changing of the guard. The guy leaving had held the post for about an hour and the guy sitting took over for at least another hour till the queen arrived around 11:30am.

hog1a.jpg

As no one else has mentioned this particular "pet peeve", mine is the Hogs who double their fun by selecting one set of chairs in the sun and another in the shade. On our last cruise, we watched an older couple occupy the shady seats for the most part, but every once in a while would switch to the sunny side of the street. Err, pool. At one point, they disappeared for two or three hours, presumably to have lunch and a little siesta before returning to "their" chairs.

As no one else has mentioned this particular "pet peeve", mine is the Hogs who double their fun by selecting one set of chairs in the sun and another in the shade. On our last cruise, we watched an older couple occupy the shady seats for the most part, but every once in a while would switch to the sunny side of the street. Err, pool. At one point, they disappeared for two or three hours, presumably to have lunch and a little siesta before returning to "their" chairs.

"Go ahead make my day", or "I am older and have more insurance"

On our Liberty cruise in 2009, a man held three sets of two chairs for his wife and him. One was right next to the pool. Another was in a second sunny spot. The third was by us in the shade. He stayed with the set of two in the shade. She rotated between that spot and the two sunny spots. Her skin looked like leather. To top it all off, one of the times she was in the shady spot, she started singing along to music she was listening to on her headphones. She was NOT even close to in tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by moonltnite

For John - :) I call this the changing of the guard. The guy leaving had held the post for about an hour and the guy sitting took over for at least another hour till the queen arrived around 11:30am.

Must be a wonderful Queen, to have too men at her beck and call.

Not a fan of chair hogs, and on the rare occasion when I need a chair, I've always had RCL staff remove the offending items.

My beef comes with many of the anti-chair hog people. Can't tell you the number of times I've had my stuff moved while I was IN THE POOL! If my shoes, book, towel, coverup, etc are on the lounger, odds are I'm not hogging the chair while having lunch in windjammer...

Speaking of lunch, I mentioned that I was a victim/transgressor in that my lounger was cleared on my initial Quantum cruise, and want to make the following recommendation to RCL--In many resorts, there are service staff going around the pool area and taking lunch/drink/snack orders --I'd like to see the same process so that I don't have to leave my chair for lunch. It would take pressure off the WJ, especially at noon time. So instead of room service this would be considered "pool service". It would also add a resort experience. This is probably wishful thinking on my part.

From other posts I've seen - it sounds like some people get up before dawn to put towels on chairs to claim them - then don't show up for up to 6 hours!

For those recently on Allure - is it mainly sunny spots that are "hogged" in the Solarium? I'm very fair (I should own stock in Neutrogena for their sun block) - and in photos I see some cushioned lounge chairs in shady areas (different from the standard lounge chairs I see, for example, along the edges by windows in the Solarium. We'd likely eat early breakfast in the Bistro on "at sea" days and then look for comfy chairs in shade.

I have a friend, who cruises all the time, tell me that they never want for deck chairs because they get up early and take a towel and a pair of flips flops for each member of their family (5) to their favorite pool area to "save". THEN they go to breakfast and get ready for the pool..hours later. She tells me this like it's perfectly acceptable. :eek:

I have a friend, who cruises all the time, tell me that they never want for deck chairs because they get up early and take a towel and a pair of flips flops for each member of their family (5) to their favorite pool area to "save". THEN they go to breakfast and get ready for the pool..hours later. She tells me this like it's perfectly acceptable. :eek:

As I said back in post #22, I really think that some people have no clue about this issue. There are certainly those that simply choose to ignore the rules, but I'm sure there are many like your friend who are simply unaware.

We saw a group of people who had "reserved" about 8 lounge chairs by the pool. They also had "reserved" 4 tables: 2 pushed together to hold all their stuff and 2 others pushed together to play games and cards. They would go back and forth between the chairs and tables. They held court all week.