1. 1. How much are you willing to pay to sail on Edge

• I have no interest in sailing on Edge
    • I want to try it but am not willing to pay more
    • I’m willing to pay up to 25% more
    • I’m willing to pay up to 50% more
    • I’m willing to pay up to 75% more
    • I’m willing to pay 100% more
    • I’m so anxious to sail on Edge the sky is the limit

You're asking if we'd buy a pig in a poke.

Without knowing a single thing about the ship or the services and amenities offered, or the itineraries?

$0.00.

Ask me again in a couple of years.

Edited by mom says

I put "no interest" since I have no interest in a lot of cruising destinations, like the Caribbean. I also have no interest if the ship turns out to be as suite-centric as they have hinted.

But give me a good itinerary and a good overall experience and would be interested, but not at much premium, after seasoning. Just don't get the new and shiny so pay a lot more mindset. Especially when LOTS of new builds have teething problems, let alone a whole new class of ship.

Premature....

We would want to know what it offers, what it looks like, where it's going, and the prices for cabin categories before responding to this poll.

If they eliminate AQ class (or something comparable) or have a dine around plan, not interested in it. If they have a great spa..then probably yes we'd sale at a reasonable price,

Without knowing what is on offer I simply can't say. Not only would I need to understand the cabins and amenities on board, I'd need to see the itineraries also.

Generally speaking S class sailings are more costly than M class. So there's no prizes for guessing how E class fares will compare!

I want to answer this question HOWEVER I need more information on Edge Class ships before making comment.

Looking forward to Edge and what I think (hope) will be in the Edge design.

Celebrity's design of the Solstice Class ships was a home run, absolutely fantastic.

I full expect Celebrity to do even better on the Edge Class ships.

Bob

I did not vote....I agree with the previous posters who want more information before thinking about finances...although the money part is a big factor (for me anyway). Need more info before deciding on percentages, etc.

Why would one indicate they want to pay more to sail on the EDGE and thus encourage Celebrity to charge a premium price for this new class of ship?

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am not voting. I have no idea what these ships will provide, both in amenities and in itineraries. They could be a complete dud, or a game changer. Until I have enough information to determine if I want to cruise on her, I don't have any idea how much I will be willing to pay. Just because she is the newest isn't enough. She needs to prove she can be satisfying to cruise on. And that won't be known until they release a lot of details about her.

Was the secrecy the same when the solstice class was at this same stage?

Yes -RCCL/Celebrity are notorious for keeping info under wraps up until just before ship launch. When the first itineraries are announced expect a deck plan showing cabin/suite locations/category labels, but for all other spaces on the ship to be blank and labeled "more to come". As time goes on they will have multiple "announcements" slowly revealing dining, entertainment, bars/lounges, pool and fitness areas, etc. This is supposedly done to build excitement/anticipation.......

I would only pay what I thought it was worth IF the itinerary was right!

We all know that Celebrity loves all of these kinds threads...what if...how much...they eat this up. However, if the Edge does not deliver, it will be much to say about nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums