Switching back to the old Format ...

With internet-based operations, change is inevitable whether it is needed or not. It gives the kids a chance to sit at the big table and creates the impression of activity.

The ideal internet-based operation is a room filled with servers. It is staffed by one man and a dog. The man is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the man if he tries to touch anything.

If cruise critics "hits" and thus advertising revenue drops off, they'll change back to the proven formula. However, with so many make-work jobs on the line, there's two chances of that happening - fat and slim.

May as well get used to it, or move on.

So why are some getting the new format and others still getting the old??

Does it matter what browser you use?? Chrome, Explorer??

Browser choice definitely can make a difference. On my MacBook Pro, Safari has the new format, but only since early yesterday. On the other hand, Opera on the same machine still has the old format.

My home PC (Win10, using Chrome) has the new format.

My work PC (Win10, using Chrome) has the old format.

I wonder what would happen if I close the tab on the work PC. I really don't want to. :P

I've closed and opened in Chrome several times this morning. Always back to the old version.

Do big pics messenger it up like old version.

d1d5e39013b66d0a234d23f2b9082615.jpg

Ok, so there is a major improvement, the old format wants to display this pic full width and it forces you to scroll to the right side to access buttons. New format adjust pic to fit your device. Just like the phone app does. Big win in my book.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

First off, congrats on the new granddaughter! How wonderful! Best wishes to all.

Now on to the new CC format. I use an iPad Air 2.

I get the old format with my Safari browser but my Chrome browser (latest version) has new format (with drop down offering no option to change skin to old format).

In landscape mode in Safari, your picture causes the text to resize making the text very small to read. BUT I can resize the page and zoom in. In Chrome, your picture resizes, leaving the size of the text unchanged. BUT I can't resize the page and zoom in. So I'm left with a LOT of wasted white space on the right unless I flip to portrait mode. Plus with the new format, in the quoted parts of replies the text is a smaller sized font making it a little harder to read. I should be able to just double tap to increase the page size to fill the white space and be able to zoom in even further if I want (say to view some detail in a photo). (Using forum app to post b/c in browser CC wouldn't load photos which show the problem.)

CC needs to fix (enable) the page resize function in the new format.

I would also like an option to select "view all signatures in full" rather than having to click on each.

~ Judy

4659f6672ce66fc9f9caa72e1d117440.jpg00441bf74b7caeaa0581bdb56c44faa3.jpg3308193c9b6fc28b5c122897758f8e9d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What happened to the list of ships where if you clicked on a ship, you'd get all the posts for that ship? Is that gone now? I can go back to using the search function again but the ship links were convenient.

Eliminating functions that people used is not "progress".

Never mind, I found it. Now it's far down on the right hand side and so squashed together that it's hardly readable. I don't think the programmers realize how bad this looks on a non-widescreen monitor. (Yes, some people still have to use those.)

ry%3D480

Edited by CruisinCrow

If you click on your username in the upper right, and hen "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the option to change the "skin" back to the old format. Click on "form default" and save.

That should do it.....

Not allowing me to do that - I get a little No Entry sign.

The new format is very white and bright - I think I need a pair of sunglasses ..... :cool:

Well that was quick! In the new format, the page now resizes on double tap and I can zoom in. :) Thanks CC!

~ Judy

It's a work in progress, maybe they weren't getting much feedback from their beta testers.

This is the kind of feedback they were probably looking for.

Thanks for the kind words on our new grand baby. I wonder if she'll become a cruise diva.

My format hasn't changed at all

I hate the new format...much tooooo (WHITE) :cool: and wasted space :eek::mad:

Why mess with something "fix" it when it wasn't "broke"...this is annoying !!!!!!!!!

HOW can I switch back to old format...why can't we have an option :confused::eek::mad:

The option to switch back to the old format is no longer. Bummer! I was able to change back to the old format last week or whenever they pushed the new out. I'm currently in the old format on my laptop (windows 10, ME or IE). It's appears the majority of us hate the new format. Voice your concerns/suggestions here...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1067

I have no clue what you all are talking about as nothing has changed for me.........yet......knock on wood.

This just appeared at the top of my page but everything is still the same

Take Our Roll Call Instant Messaging Poll

UPDATED Please Read: Our New Forum Format Has Arrived!

I'm using windows 10 Edge and I'm not clicking on it.

I'm getting used to the new format. I wish for the following. I'm using Chrome right now on a Windows 10 PC so that's where these come from. My iPad version doesn't seem to have changed and I like it how it is now.

1. Some kind of shading for stickies at the top so it's easier to know where real messages start.

2. Make messages that we're subscribed to or participating in a slightly different shade of white so they stand out. On my iPad I have a Subscribed tab I can select to only see those forums and messages. I know there is such a thing on the new menu at the top, but I like seeing all of the messages so a slightly different color would just make them stand out easily.

2. Resize the message boxes when the browser resizes (horizontally) so not so much space is wasted.

3. The default font is difficult to read. I know we can change fonts, but I don't think a lot of people do that.

4. Have some alternate color schemes so people can choose different colors for the NAV bar and headings. It would also be nice to be able to change the forecolor for the NAV bar since the blue on blue is difficult to read. It would be good enough to have a few preset color schemes to choose from.

5. Make it easier to change the color scheme. Perhaps you could put it on the drop down at the top left where the screen name is listed. Perhaps something like a Colors-> [Colors/Themes list] This could be accomplished by just having different CSS settings.

I think the new format does delineate the messages better by putting them in boxes. I also like how pictures stand out more. The buttons are easy to see and I like the new flat/square look (we're used to that on other devices these days).

I hope you will consider some of these ideas. The goal, of course, is to make it customizable to a point (for readability), but static as much as possible (for support). I think the ability to use different colors would help a lot.

Tom

I'm getting used to the new format. I wish for the following. I'm using Chrome right now on a Windows 10 PC so that's where these come from. My iPad version doesn't seem to have changed and I like it how it is now.

1. Some kind of shading for stickies at the top so it's easier to know where real messages start.

2. Make messages that we're subscribed to or participating in a slightly different shade of white so they stand out. On my iPad I have a Subscribed tab I can select to only see those forums and messages. I know there is such a thing on the new menu at the top, but I like seeing all of the messages so a slightly different color would just make them stand out easily.

2. Resize the message boxes when the browser resizes (horizontally) so not so much space is wasted.

3. The default font is difficult to read. I know we can change fonts, but I don't think a lot of people do that.

4. Have some alternate color schemes so people can choose different colors for the NAV bar and headings. It would also be nice to be able to change the forecolor for the NAV bar since the blue on blue is difficult to read. It would be good enough to have a few preset color schemes to choose from.

5. Make it easier to change the color scheme. Perhaps you could put it on the drop down at the top left where the screen name is listed. Perhaps something like a Colors-> [Colors/Themes list] This could be accomplished by just having different CSS settings.

I think the new format does delineate the messages better by putting them in boxes. I also like how pictures stand out more. The buttons are easy to see and I like the new flat/square look (we're used to that on other devices these days).

I hope you will consider some of these ideas. The goal, of course, is to make it customizable to a point (for readability), but static as much as possible (for support). I think the ability to use different colors would help a lot.

Tom

This is definitely a work in progress. Your #1 has already been implemented, along with shading of the Last Post and Views columns. Not only makes it easier to pick things out, but helps to eliminate some of the bright white screen glare.

It's a work in progress, maybe they weren't getting much feedback from their beta testers.

This is the kind of feedback they were probably looking for.

Thanks for the kind words on our new grand baby. I wonder if she'll become a cruise diva.

In reading the CC sticky, I think we may all be the beta testers, lol. :p "We'd love to get as much feedback as possible on this new format. (We're expecting an earful.) So please post them here, along with any bugs or glitches you encounter: Post Bugs, Glitches & Ask for Help Here.". Yep, they're getting an earful over there. But, to CC's credit, they are listening and working to improve it (hear that Royal?!). :)

As for your granddaughter, it's your job to make sure she'll become a cruise diva! :D I hope you realize you might have to take her on a Disney cruise?! :eek: That was the first cruiseline we took our grandson Robbie on. He had an absolute blast but, while it was a great cruise, I was kind of moused out by the end. Thankfully, he enjoyed his next cruise, which was on Navigator of the Seas, even more!

~ Judy