Michael's Club Question

Toledo7

If this has been asked before, I apologize! I tried to do a search, but the search doesn't seem to be working right now (at least I can't get it to come back with any results).

We are booked in a Sky Suite later this year, and I know they now have access to Michael's club. The celebrity website says the club has "complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas from 5-8pm daily". Does it serve beverages throughout the rest of the day also? If so, do you have to pay for them?

For example, if you got a cappuccino in there, would you have to pay for it? I know you do in Luminae, per the menu I found online.

We are just wondering if we would be happier in a Concierge Cabin with a drink package than in the Sky Suite (our cruise is not one of them that is part of Celebrity's Sail Beyond Event).

Thanks for your help!

The Sky suite comes with the preminum beverage package which includes most cocktails, wine and beer up to a certain price point, as well as cappuccino and other coffee drinks. So no need to worry about paying at any time.

The Sky suite does not come with a premium beverage package. You get that with Signature, royal, penthouse and Reflection suite.

It may come with all 4 best perks plus an upgrade to the premium beverage package.

The Sky suite comes with the preminum beverage package which includes most cocktails, wine and beer up to a certain price point, as well as cappuccino and other coffee drinks. So no need to worry about paying at any time.

Only Royal Suite and Penthouse suites (and the other large suites particular to Reflection) automatically include a premium beverage package. Sky Suites often do as a promotion, but this is not a suite perk and the promotion does not apply for all sailings.

Beverages are complimentary throughout the day in Michael's Club (coffee/coffee-based drinks, sodas, waters, beer, wine and cocktails). While it is not staffed 24/7, throughout much of a day someone is there and in my experience the service was outstanding in Michael's. I believe they have some drinks available one can help themselves too if no staff happens to be around, but every time I popped in someone was there. They aim to please; it is a wonderful suite perk.

On Eclipse right now in Sky Suite - complimentary beverages are served from 730 am to midnight in Michael's with canapés 530-830 pm (and tea from 3-4). Someone is always around - great service!

There is a Nespresso machine in Michael's.

We got the premium package as a perk, but love the special touches in Michael's. Kay's special cosmo is before me soon after I'm seated - she knows just how I like it. It is lovely to be pampered!!

Thank you for the help! My sailing is not eligible for any of the "perks" because it's considered a repositioning. We're celebrating our 25th Anniversary, so thought we would do a nice suite. It's good to know that Michael's is a nice touch!

I don't think they have a working till in MC[emoji2] so even if you wanted to you couldn't pay

PS not sure what the American word is

Sent from my S30 using Forums mobile app

The North American word is also "till." And I also haven't observed any sort of sea pass reader in Michael's Club either. As long as the Food and Beverage managers approve the order the MC bartenders can serve the product.

But a comment to Todedo7: We were on the Solstice for 30+ nights this fall in a suite with one of those legs also considered to be a repositioning cruise. We just bought nice wine by the glass to accompany dinners in Luminae.

Just adore Michaels - the best Singapore Slings and great afternoon teas. We were in a Sky Suite on Millie this Christmas and Michaels just elevated the experience - everything was fab and the English breakfast tea was excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to keep booking Sky Suites for this experience and Luminae which was lovely - great food and service - mind you the topping up of the wine could have been quicker![emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Eclipse right now in Sky Suite - complimentary beverages are served from 730 am to midnight in Michael's with canapés 530-830 pm (and tea from 3-4). Someone is always around - great service!

There is a Nespresso machine in Michael's.

We got the premium package as a perk, but love the special touches in Michael's. Kay's special cosmo is before me soon after I'm seated - she knows just how I like it. It is lovely to be pampered!!

Kay is the best, isn't she? Michael's seemed to be underutilized when we visited and we spent time getting to know her because we were the only ones there. Very sweet. And my husband said she made the best martini on the ship.

Can they make say a mudslide in Michaels ? Or just non-frozen drinks ?

They will get you almost anything you want. They might not have the exact liquor/wine you want, but they'll get it from somewhere on the ship. I had them make pina coladas and daiquiris and margaritas. So yes, frozen is available. A couple of times they went to the Ensemble lounge just outside and got something.

We noted the kind of Cabernet we liked and it was usually there after day 1.

We had a friendlier crowd in Michael's on one cruise and it was very subdued and people just kept to themselves on another cruise. You never know.

The Sky suite does not come with a premium beverage package. You get that with Signature, royal, penthouse and Reflection suite.

It may come with all 4 best perks plus an upgrade to the premium beverage package.

You do get the premium package with a Sky Suite. The only time you don't get it is on a repositioning cruise.

Kay is the best, isn't she? Michael's seemed to be underutilized when we visited and we spent time getting to know her because we were the only ones there. Very sweet. And my husband said she made the best martini on the ship.

Yes, Kay is amazing!!

You do get the premium package with a Sky Suite. The only time you don't get it is on a repositioning cruise.

Unfortunately the definitation of repositioning keeps growing. It use to be TA, TP and moving a ship from point A to B where it would stay for a period of time.

Not anymore, we are booked on a cruise that goes from Singapore to Abu Dhabi then returns to Singapore then back to AbuDhabi; then a R/T Abu Dhabi cruise so they have classified all the Singapore-Abu Dhabi sailing as repo's. Their ship their rules, I get that but no perks in a suite (or any cabin) on the Singapore-Abu Dhabi cruises. They are probably more examples like that.

Kay does terrific mango mojitos as well and is a joy to have in Michaels. Judy, who is often there as well, did a great run for us from an Officers ' evening in Sky Lounge to get a 10 year old port from downstairs just for us. Along with Sylvia, the Concierge, one could not ask for a better set of people to make Eclipse's Michael's Club one of the best.

This is only as a promotion. If you book via a U.K TA at the moment you only get the choice of one perk. If you book on board, you get all 4 plus the premium package upgrade. As a promotion it can be withdrawn at any time. The Premium drink package is part of the cabin benefits for the larger suites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A drink package is also not included in a Sky Suite if you're on a serior or resident rate or "exciting deal".

We have a sky suite booked for Australia March 5, 2018 and it comes with the premium drink package

If this has been asked before, I apologize! I tried to do a search, but the search doesn't seem to be working right now (at least I can't get it to come back with any results).

We are booked in a Sky Suite later this year, and I know they now have access to Michael's club. The celebrity website says the club has "complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas from 5-8pm daily". Does it serve beverages throughout the rest of the day also? If so, do you have to pay for them?

For example, if you got a cappuccino in there, would you have to pay for it? I know you do in Luminae, per the menu I found online.

We are just wondering if we would be happier in a Concierge Cabin with a drink package than in the Sky Suite (our cruise is not one of them that is part of Celebrity's Sail Beyond Event).

Thanks for your help!

What ship are you on? We like Michael's Club particularly on M-Class ships as it is larger and nicer overall. On S-Class it is smaller and a bit dark inside. We find more people use it on M-Class in our experience. Overall it is a great experience being in any type of suite on Celebrity as Luminae is tremendous and Michael's Club is always great too. With most suite passengers qualifying for the Premium Drink Package, the "free" drinks in Michael's Club are not driving more people to use it. Many just enjoy any bar on the ship. We particularly enjoyed Martini Bar, World Class Bar, Sunset Bar and Cellar Masters.

And that's because the Go Big/Better/Best promo is offered on that sailing......

Correct. Has you state the four perks (Best) does not automatically come with all suites unless you have the "Best". Since most of the suites booked in the US include only the Best price it does make it seem like it is always included. Except for the repositioning cruises I am not sure that I have seen suites with a minimum of the Best pricing for a good while.

And that's because the Go Big/Better/Best promo is offered on that sailing......

Correct. With the exception of one from Valpariso to San Diego there are no perks because it is considered repositioning. That one is in a Celebrity Suite

We have a sky suite booked for Australia March 5, 2018 and it comes with the premium drink package

And I have two cruises booked on board for 2018 which also include this BUT if I booked those in the U.K. I would only have received the classic package which is the same as it is just now. I intend booking 2 cruises on board in a few weeks time and will again get all 4 perks plus the premium upgrade for booking suites.

That offer is not available here. Over the 2 cruises the extra benefits I get by booking on board the 2 cruises is over $3000.