Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

Four big things.

1. I thought these ships were supposed to be SMALLER than the S-Class. The Edge is massive which, for me, is a turn-off. The best cruises I've had are on mid-sized ships, like the M-Class.
  2. It looks like my iPhone turned into a ship. The design is stellar, but it's reaching a point where it doesn't feel like a ship-at-sea anymore.
  3. Lots of pay-to-play areas, and I hate that they've cordoned off more of the ship for suites.
  4. If I could afford the suite — why wouldn't I take the $40K to charter a yacht for a week for six of my friends instead of boarding this for myself and one other?

Single cabin is 142 SF and 42 sf balcony, but for some sailing it is cheaper;p to book a regular balcony. Singles are quite expensive.

Did you get any pricing?

A couple of things that I have picked up on:

The sailing reservations go from December 2018 - April 2019. The Captain said that he "looked forward to sailing the ship around the world...of course, starting in the Caribbean." Could it be that the first few months in the Caribbean is the "test", and that the ship will go back over to Europe in May 2019?

With extra Suites on special decks with private dining rooms and a pool, could Celebrity be catering to the "really rich and famous" that want and need privacy, but would like to cruise on something other than a yacht? The rates sure suggest that!

I have not had a chance to look, but when is the first sailing?

Edited by Iamthesea

Four big things.

1. I thought these ships were supposed to be SMALLER than the S-Class. The Edge is massive which, for me, is a turn-off. The best cruises I've had are on mid-sized ships, like the M-Class.
  2. It looks like my iPhone turned into a ship. The design is stellar, but it's reaching a point where it doesn't feel like a ship-at-sea anymore.
  3. Lots of pay-to-play areas, and I hate that they've cordoned off more of the ship for suites.
  4. If I could afford the suite — why wouldn't I take the $40K to charter a yacht for a week for six of my friends instead of boarding this for myself and one other?

The ship size is 117K tons. A little smaller than the Solstice class.

Do the sky suites have the infinite balcony?

Please take this with a grain of salt as it's only Day 1 of the reveal - but I'm hearing the answer is no.

Hope this helps !

For a week :o - eye watering :'). Wonder how much more the Christmas holiday week would be?

Christmas sailing is on the UK site, starts at £1,375 for inside if I remember correctly. The itineries are just not exciting enough ☹️

Four big things.

I was also under the impression that they were supposed to be smaller than S Class, but they're only 7500 GT more, 7 feet wider, the same amount of decks, and actually shorter in length.

And I wouldn't say they're massive in comparison to other new builds from other lines (i.e. Royal's Quantum and Oasis Classes).

I was also under the impression that they were supposed to be smaller than S Class, but they're only 7500 GT more, 7 feet wider, the same amount of decks, and actually shorter in length.

And I wouldn't say they're massive in comparison to other new builds from other lines (i.e. Royal's Quantum and Oasis Classes).

And most areas so far appear to have been designed by Brits :).

A couple of things that I have picked up on:

The sailing reservations go from December 2018 - April 2019. The Captain said that he "looked forward to sailing the ship around the world...of course, starting in the Caribbean." Could it be that the first few months in the Caribbean is the "test", and that the ship will go back over to Europe in May 2019?

And how does one get out on the balconies of those that have the split windows? Are those balconies open to the public deck?

It could be that the ship goes to Europe in the summers and the Caribbean in the winters.

Those balconies are called Infinite Balconies and most balcony staterooms include them. No, they're not open to public decks. They're just a redesigned balcony stateroom. There is an accordion style door, then the balcony, then the 2-piece window. There are some pictures here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/edge-staterooms/

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It's hard to tell but from from the cabin designations on page 2 below it looks like not all cabins have the new infinite balconies. (Aqua and Sky Suite don't seem to. :()

The presentation today (and I watched the whole LONG thing!) made it sound as if all balconies cabins had these.

And I agree - for $40,000 we can take a World Cruise in a nice balcony cabin, not a week in the Caribbean.

(OR, come to think of it, we could take our kids, spouses and grandchildren for a week on Disney......... :eek: )

But that's another story. :rolleyes:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/e4d5f423-f5ae-4d84-ac11-6133c76b12d7/CelebrityEdgeDeckPlans.pdf?ext=.pdf

Edited by chamima

I.

Those balconies are called Infinite Balconies and most balcony staterooms include them. No, they're not open to public decks. They're just a redesigned balcony stateroom.

The balconies on the Edge villas (2 story) seem to open up to the retreat area - which is kind of public. Maybe just to others in suites but still not a private balcony.

The balconies on the Edge villas (2 story) seem to open up to the retreat area - which is kind of public. Maybe just to others in suites but still not a private balcony.

I was mostly referring to regular balcony cabins.

But I really can't imagine any of the big suites not having completely private balconies. If you're paying thousands, you're going to want a private balcony. There's a picture of an Edge Villa posted on the bottom of page 16 of this thread. Looks private to me.

It's hard to tell but from from the cabin designations on page 2 below it looks like not all cabins have the new infinite balconies. (Aqua and Sky Suite don't seem to. :().

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/e4d5f423-f5ae-4d84-ac11-6133c76b12d7/CelebrityEdgeDeckPlans.pdf?ext=.pdf

What is it that shows on the deck plans that makes you think CC and AQ cabins are different. Thanks

What is it that shows on the deck plans that makes you think CC and AQ cabins are different. Thanks

The infinite balcony cabins are designated as such and that designation isn't attached to the Aqua Cabins.

(I copied the list below of the cabin designations - it's clearer here: https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/e4d5f423-f5ae-4d84-ac11-6133c76b12d7/CelebrityEdgeDeckPlans.pdf?ext=.pdf

ICONIC SUITE

DELUXE

VERANDA

OCEAN VIEW

PENTHOUSE SUITE

EDGE VILLAS

ROYAL SUITE

CELEBRITY SUITE

SKY SUITE 1

SKY SUITE 2

SKY SUITE 3

AQUACLASS

®

AQUACLASS 2

CONCIERGE CLASS 1

CONCIERGE CLASS 2

CONCIERGE CLASS 3

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA

SM

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 2

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 3

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 4

EDGE SINGLE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA

SM

SUNSET VERANDA STATEROOM

DELUXE OCEAN VIEW STATEROOM W/ VERANDA 1A

Same old boring 7 day Caribbean cruises, alternating Eastern and Western. Done those, too many times.

Agreed. To pay those insane initial prices for a same old; same old itinerary seems crazy to me but to each their own - everyone has a right to spend their money as they please. I know it's a new ship, but still......

I confess maybe I am a bit crabby as I am getting a bit annoyed by all the still unanswered questions about the accommodations, what part of the ship looks like, etc.. I have to think Celebrity has the answers, but for some reason they are trickling them out to us. Is this a marketing ploy (and if so, a very annoying one) or are they really that inept?? I managed large corporate projects for many years and no way in the world would I be allowed an implementation so incomplete. Frustrating.

It's hard to tell but from from the cabin designations on page 2 below it looks like not all cabins have the new infinite balconies. (Aqua and Sky Suite don't seem to. :()

The presentation today (and I watched the whole LONG thing!) made it sound as if all balconies cabins had these.

And I agree - for $40,000 we can take a World Cruise in a nice balcony cabin, not a week in the Caribbean.

(OR, come to think of it, we could take our kids, spouses and grandchildren for a week on Disney......... :eek: )

But that's another story. :rolleyes:

I just booked and AQ1 cabin, and I have been assured by several people I spoke with that there is in fact an infinity veranda. And my booking was less than my current cruise on Summit in Sep.

I'm just an ordinary verandah person and these rates are too high for me, given how many 7 day sailing choices are out there at great rates, often with 2 perks and how beautiful S class ships are in general.

But then again, I'm always the one that waits for the latest movie to hit DVD, the latest fashions to go on sale and the tech gizmos to plummet in price before I buy. So not exactly Edge's target audience :)

I just put a deposit on the Jan 6, 2019 sailing for a panoramic OV-cat 10 deck 6 mid ship. I was told the window is floor to ceiling. Got the go Best promo (all 4 ) and total for both of us was $3788 which includes tax and fees. Yes,we've been to the Caribbean a gizzilion times but the ship looks amazing! We are Elite and seniors, so I'm guessing the price was adjusted for those factors.

I asked about a transatlantic maiden cruise but the agent was very mysterious and said they weren't taking bookings for that.

The infinite balcony cabins are designated as such and that designation isn't attached to the Aqua Cabins.

(I copied the list below of the cabin designations - it's clearer here: https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/e4d5f423-f5ae-4d84-ac11-6133c76b12d7/CelebrityEdgeDeckPlans.pdf?ext=.pdf

ICONIC SUITE

DELUXE

VERANDA

OCEAN VIEW

PENTHOUSE SUITE

EDGE VILLAS

ROYAL SUITE

CELEBRITY SUITE

SKY SUITE 1

SKY SUITE 2

SKY SUITE 3

AQUACLASS

®

AQUACLASS 2

CONCIERGE CLASS 1

CONCIERGE CLASS 2

CONCIERGE CLASS 3

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA

SM

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 2

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 3

EDGE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA 4

EDGE SINGLE STATEROOM W/ INFINITE VERANDA

SM

SUNSET VERANDA STATEROOM

DELUXE OCEAN VIEW STATEROOM W/ VERANDA 1A

A1, A2, C1, C2, C3, E1-5 & ES all have the infinite veranda

SV, 1A and 1B do not. This has been confirmed by many on the this site and by me by speaking to multiple people on the phone and supervisors at celebrity. If you look closely at the deck plan this can easily be confirmed by the little marks in the corners of each balcony. By looking over the deck plans it seems the infinite balconies are in all locations of 'normal' (as in size) balcony rooms and where they cannot be placed is due to the design of the ship. ie, aft balconies and those near the very front. You'll notice, if you have watched or seen the various videos and photos that the 1A and 1B at the front of the ship will be the circular balcony openings that can be found on the Millennium class.

Lois...If I get a chance tonight I intend to call about the solo cabins also. In the event I don't get a chance, maybe you could post their response on this thread? I suspect there will only be a few and will go quickly, like they do on Royal's ships with solo balconies.

I called and the price of a solo cabin is not worth it to me........of course I had to just pick a date and the csr helped me...

actually he was extremely nice:).........the price of the solo cabin was over 3 grand,,,,,,,,,for a bit more than that I can

get a "regular sized cabin"....so it really depends on the date of your cruise. They have 16 solo cabins. I don't know how

fast they are going to book but for the price? No thanks. They did say the cabin is about 142 square feet.

To be honest, I put a deposit down on a SS 2.......not sure If I will go but figured I have over a year to put the money

aside for it;p....it would be my first suite ever.