What will be the Broadway show on Symphony??

Priscilla Queen of the Dessert!!! One of my faves :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Go on Epic is there and the troupe is fantastic. The only downside it's not all that like it. We love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To get clues follow Nick Weirs tweets...... he has recently posted pencil drawings of the Wright Brothers, and has written

"This is next for us. Superb showbiz applications for this cutting edge tech! ~If it's #cuttingedge, it's in #RoyalCaribbeanEntertainment." And photos of loads of what looks like little drones?

"In Vegas, studying "theater in the round". ~If we are ever gonna do it, we will do it BIG. (Like this fabulous auditorium, the LOVE Theater."

A photo of an eagle landing on the moon and "A short clip of RCCL Studios ariel training. ~New 3D Dynamic Flying System installed. Using it for R&D for #SymphonyoftheSeas productions."

Does that give any clues??!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To get clues follow Nick Weirs tweets...... he has recently posted pencil drawings of the Wright Brothers, and has written

"This is next for us. Superb showbiz applications for this cutting edge tech! ~If it's #cuttingedge, it's in #RoyalCaribbeanEntertainment." And photos of loads of what looks like little drones?

"In Vegas, studying "theater in the round". ~If we are ever gonna do it, we will do it BIG. (Like this fabulous auditorium, the LOVE Theater."

A photo of an eagle landing on the moon and "A short clip of RCCL Studios ariel training. ~New 3D Dynamic Flying System installed. Using it for R&D for #SymphonyoftheSeas productions."

Many of those could be for any of the other shows (ice, aqua and production) and not necessarily the Broadway show.

Lord, I hope that's not cut and pasted from Weir.

Ariel show????? The Little Mermaid? [emoji6]

Lord, I hope that's not cut and pasted from Weir.

Ariel show????? The Little Mermaid? [emoji6]

I would be more than shocked if Disney put one of their shows on a non-Disney ship.

Given all of that it sounds like some kind of Cirque show - the one they had on Broadway was called Paramore. I don't think it was in the round though.

I would be more than shocked if Disney put one of their shows on a non-Disney ship.

Given all of that it sounds like some kind of Cirque show - the one they had on Broadway was called Paramore. I don't think it was in the round though.

Saw Paramour in NYC last September, not a great story, not great music, but a really fun athletic show.... typical cirque. They could do it but the highlight that I remember a year later was a teeter totter flying bit that might be a bit dangerous on a cruise ship in less than optimal conditions. They already have the Aqua theatre with shows that can and will be cancelled in rough seas, not sure they need one in the main theatre.

JC

Saw Paramour in NYC last September, not a great story, not great music, but a really fun athletic show.... typical cirque. They could do it but the highlight that I remember a year later was a teeter totter flying bit that might be a bit dangerous on a cruise ship in less than optimal conditions. They already have the Aqua theatre with shows that can and will be cancelled in rough seas, not sure they need one in the main theatre.

JC

I'm not saying it should be. But that teaser seemed to be going along those lines since there is the Beatles' music featuring "Love" by Cirque in Vegas. That's what I was basing my comment on.

I'm not saying it should be. But that teaser seemed to be going along those lines since there is the Beatles' music featuring "Love" by Cirque in Vegas. That's what I was basing my comment on.

It is all good. Don't worry be happy. This as far as I can tell is just speculation built to create a buzz. Don't think it is working very well. I am old school give me Jesus Christ Superstar or Evita and i will be happy. South Pacific is great, but I think sailing in the Caribbean kills that vibe.

Cirque in the round appears to be the key bit to what the tease is. Love is awesome, I think we have attended that show 5 times. In the front row and the back row. Spectacular. Love it. Of course the music makes it the best. That is a really athletic show, but with tuned down athletics it could work on a cruise ship.

Would like that very much.

Cirque is in a bit of a struggle these days. We went to see Toruk a couple of years ago (based on avatar) it could be done in the round. Or not round. Not a great show, but great lighting. Haven't seen anything like that on a cruise ship. Might work. Of course don't listen to me on this topic, I liked Cats.....

JC

The word is "aerial". :o

Pippin?

I.love.Pippin. :hearteyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Weir also tweeted a picture of dozens of small drones. Cirque's last show, Paramour on Broadway, also used drones that are very similar to the ones he posted. So... maybe they're working with Cirque to see if a Cirque style show is possible on Symphony? (Video example is linked here, it's only a couple seconds but all I could find quickly:

)

Yesterday I was on a information at my TA and the rep from RCI says its Hairspray.

Loved HAIRSPRAY!!! We saw it when it did its run . Does RCI do repeat shows other than CATS? I have seen GREASE and CHICAGO. We missed MaMa Mia [emoji20]

Now I hate to say it but if Royal could pull this off I'd be very impressed, and I'd honestly say that there would be people who cruise Symphony just to see Hamilton (could even be cheaper/more accessible than Broadway tickets)

Absolutely. I'd be there from the other side of the world.

Raina

It is all good. Don't worry be happy. This as far as I can tell is just speculation built to create a buzz. Don't think it is working very well. I am old school give me Jesus Christ Superstar or Evita and i will be happy. South Pacific is great, but I think sailing in the Caribbean kills that vibe.

Cirque in the round appears to be the key bit to what the tease is. Love is awesome, I think we have attended that show 5 times. In the front row and the back row. Spectacular. Love it. Of course the music makes it the best. That is a really athletic show, but with tuned down athletics it could work on a cruise ship.

Would like that very much.

Cirque is in a bit of a struggle these days. We went to see Toruk a couple of years ago (based on avatar) it could be done in the round. Or not round. Not a great show, but great lighting. Haven't seen anything like that on a cruise ship. Might work. Of course don't listen to me on this topic, I liked Cats.....

JC

Saw LOVE in January. I was dissapointed. Music was good.

Princess had an acrobatic show years ago. I liked that.

I'm wondering if full Broadway shows have run their course.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...