HAL's website has been down this afternoon/evening for me. Anyone else?

Old As Dirt Mom

The HAL website has been slowing deteriorating all afternoon, and now I only get "We'll be right back" and the standard line "Our site is currently down for scheduled maintenance". I saw no advance notice of this "scheduled maintenance", and it's unusual for HAL to do it on a weekday. This has been going on for hours. Is anybody else experiencing any problems? Thanks for any insight.

The HAL website has been slowing deteriorating all afternoon, and now I only get "We'll be right back" and the standard line "Our site is currently down for scheduled maintenance". I saw no advance notice of this "scheduled maintenance", and it's unusual for HAL to do it on a weekday. This has been going on for hours. Is anybody else experiencing any problems? Thanks for any insight.

They just emailed out the worldwide 2018 itineraries, I`m gathering that the site may be overloaded.

They need to get a bigger hamster. You wouldn't think that there would be that large of a rush to see the 2018 cruises that it would bring the website down. I've been wanting to check a few things on the website today but I haven't been able to.

A very big hamster! They would also be loading the new itineraries onto the website. Though you would think they would do that before sending out emails to everyone.

I got in this afternoon to look up the phone number for Ship Services. After

I took care of business with ship services, I tried to log into my account and after I logged into my account the website states "parts of My account are not working Check back later". I checked back two hours later and the site came up with "Scheduled Maintenance"

The bigger the difference between least busy and busiest, the more so it is imprudent to size IT resources for the busiest day of the year, especially in a situation where the majority of those flooding the site are those likely to keep trying until they are able to achieve what they attempted.

What I don't understand is why doesn't CCL have a single IT infrastructure. Then they could schedule the introduction of new itineraries and new promotions such that different Lines within the corporation introduce that meant different kinds there by sharing excessive cost of upsizing the IT infrastructure to handle the busier days.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Dang. As an aside, that notation for UK folks is a wake up: "Calls to numbers starting 0843 cost 4p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge." Is that typical for reservations lines in the UK? Is truly free toll free no longer expected?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Called this morning at 9. Representative told me he "has no idea how long the site will be down." From that comment, I concluded that the site isn't down due to routine maintenance which is usually scheduled for certain hours, during which time the site isn't available. But this? Who knows when it will be back! A day, a week? I should think they're working to have it back to normal asap. Meanwhile, we're waiting to check in for a cruise that sails in 20 days (just purchased passage), and I'm getting nervous. We've never waited this late to book. We mistakenly assumed there would be no problem with on-line check-in. Silly us.

Okay so you're saying that you couldn't even check in over the phone. So the problem isn't with the linkage between the website and the back-end systems but rather is in the back-end systems themselves. That is much more serious problem. Does anyone know if the cruise line's back-end systems are all in-house versus being hosted by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or AWS?

I was able to bring up my reservation a few minutes ago, but I couldn't access any information about it. That is an improvement over earlier when I just got a black circle going round and round.