$7.95 Room Service Charge

Who determines who is disabled ? Lots of people have disabilities that do not require a disabled cabin but they are disabled .I have COPD and I am disabled but cruise in a regular cabin . Should I be given free room service ? How about all the people with bad arthritis or recovering from Cancer . To give some disabled people free room service and not all is discriminatory .

I don't know, maybe people who booked a disabled room or who use a scooter? It seems like if a person needs a scooter, then they are more likely to have mobility issues than a person who does not.

Scooters are becoming far too commonplace to consider them as certification of disability. Many folks rent scooters for vacations specifically because they anticipate a marked increase in physical activity subjected to a body that hadn't seen much in months. Beyond that, the possession of a scooter mitigates some of the arguments for not going to the buffet.

I'd like to see one of the new $7.95 room service menus. If we're getting charged for the same old room service menu, I won't be very happy about it.

I plan to tell those Specialty Dining Salesmen that pester us that we spent the specialty dining budget on the new room service fees.

I'd like to see one of the new $7.95 room service menus. If we're getting charged for the same old room service menu, I won't be very happy about it.

I plan to tell those Specialty Dining Salesmen that pester us that we spent the specialty dining budget on the new room service fees.

open the link - scroll down to see breakfast and all day room service menus. The continental breakfast (left side) is no charge.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7647

Now Now, you're a little early, I'm sure this will be worse soon enough...

I'm sure once the charge actually goes into effect, other threads will emerge and this one will eventually fade away.

Biker, who assumes someone will have a report from the Serenade tomorrow.

I saw in another thread you bailed - what, you didn't want to be a beta tester?;p

Back surgery last week. Surgeon would not clear me for travel. 😱

Laura still going. We will beta test in our suite the following week.

Still no word if fee is waived for PC?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Back surgery last week. Surgeon would not clear me for travel. [emoji33]

Laura still going. We will beta test in our suite the following week.

Still no word if fee is waived for PC?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear that, John. Will you make the second of the b2b?

Mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those who complain about wasted food and how paying for room service would reduce waste. Should watch the amount of waste in the Windjammer. Much more than room service could cause. The argument that room service is wasteful holds no validity when compared to the Windjammer.

Actually, people are arguing they'll get as much food as they can - more than needed - since they now have to pay for room service. Implying some food will get wasted.

Care to share who's taking unneeded food to waste in the buffet as a result of this change?

Sorry to hear that, John. Will you make the second of the b2b?

Mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely, I have an RS to review. :p

That one is still 11 days out. I'm out and about a lot more than I thought I would be. I do have to ween myself off of Oxycotin prior to driving the 3 hours to FLL.

Happy to discuss on social media (obviously) but unless RCI offer more than a stock response, it's pointless, really.

Changing lines isn't a problem - never been blindly brand loyal and will go were the best deal is. My issue here is that the change has been made after taking my non-refundable cash, so only option left is to get my money's worth.

I completely understand your issue - if this was a company in Australia, they would be breaking the law to not deliver what was promised when you entered into the contract. I also agree with you getting your money's worth. Go for it.

Getting your money's worth doesn't mean ordering much much more than you can eat to deliberately waste it unless of course you want to sample everything which would be legit. :)

I completely understand your issue - if this was a company in Australia, they would be breaking the law to not deliver what was promised when you entered into the contract.. :)

I don't believe "free room service" forms part of the contract or terms and conditions, or even booking benefits or stated inclusions, so it isn't breaking the law here in Australia.

They do reserve the right to change onboard pricing, so e.g. if photos go from $20 to $25, some cocktail goes from $12 to $14, or as in this example, there is no recourse.

I don't believe "free room service" forms part of the contract or terms and conditions, or even booking benefits or stated inclusions, so it isn't breaking the law here in Australia.
Interesting. I knew that there were nothing to the legal accusations being thrown around by Americans, but I wasn't sure about what folks were saying about other country's consumer protection laws. It would be surprising to me to learn that those accusations were true; it makes sense that for consumer protections to apply that the amenity (in this case, the fact that room service is "free") would have to be, as you said, a "stated inclusion".