$7.95 Room Service Charge

After one week on LOS, I can't recall a single item in the MDR, Golden Corral aka Windjammer, or any of the specialty restaurants that I would pay $7.95 to have delivered to the room. Period.

Serenade WindJammer actually was really good at dinner, was better tasting and choice then Main diningroom...

We ordered it and liked it last cruise but are not bothered about ordering again especially as we are 1 floor up from the Promenade cafe.

Royal should take a leaf out of Carnival's book and have a for a fee hot/better menu and a free menu.

[ATTACH]405650[/ATTACH]

This is what the website states today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you access the site from? I still get the updated FAQ posted a week or so ago

Q: Is there a charge for room service?

A: After March 27th, select sailings will start offering our enhanced room service with exciting new dishes for a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order.

Q: When is the new room service menu launching?

A: The upgraded room service menu will start rolling out on March 27th and will be available across the fleet by end of May 2017.

Q: What are the enhancements of the new room service menus?

A: The new room service menu will offer several new dishes including: The Royal Burger, Classic Philly with shaved rib eye, wings with choice of 4 sauces, grilled salmon with cucumber mint yogurt as a healthy option and warm chocolate chip cookies as a decadent dessert.

Q: Is there a charge for the new room service for Suite Guests?

A: Room service will continue to be complimentary for Grand Suites and above. All other suites will have a delivery charge of $7.95 per stateroom order. Continental breakfast remains complimentary for all.

Q: Is the late night room service fee still applicable with the new room service?

A: No, all room service requests will be $7.95 whether it's a day, evening or late night request.

Q: Why is there a room service charge?

A: In our commitment to deliver best in class service and give more value to our guests, we have enhanced our room service menu that will include a $7.95 delivery fee per stateroom order.

Q: Are gratuities included in the room service charge?

A: Gratuity is included in the delivery charge for room service. Additional gratuities are at the guest's discretion.

??? so, have they gone back to charging for the late night service only?

I doubt it. They may delay the rollout here and there, but I'd be surprised if they backed off on this.

I just googled:-

Royal Caribbean.com room service

and their customer services page came up with the following:-

s.gif

Q: Is there room service onboard?s.gifA: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $7.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

We sailed the Allure of the Seas last October. It is now Sally's favorite ship. But the morning room service is such a traditional part of our cruise experience, I think we are done with Royal.

Burt

But, morning room service hasn't gone away, right? My understanding is that it's just not free anymore (unless it's continental). For a 7 day cruise it would come to an additional $55.65 for in room breakfast for the week.

Am I missing something?

Wait...I'm confused....Are you saying I can no longer get hot items on the menu (door-hanger that you put out the night before) free...there's now a charge :confused:

Yes the charges will be instituted on all ships over next few weeks. Only excepted delivery is Continental Breakfast. The schedule is on RCI website.

Currently on anthem - it's still the the old room service menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky !! Enjoy free delivery while you can - I have to admit, really bummed about new $7.95 charge every time I want to order room service - especially considering I am disabled and some days I just can't do much, so planned on having room service on my balcony if a "bad" day happens while on cruise... now I have to budget for it grrrr

Lucky !! Enjoy free delivery while you can - I have to admit, really bummed about new $7.95 charge every time I want to order room service - especially considering I am disabled and some days I just can't do much, so planned on having room service on my balcony if a "bad" day happens while on cruise... now I have to budget for it grrrr

I think Anthem has an a la carte menu. It may be possible to order individual items for under 7.95, but once you add more items the flat fee is actually better.

My family and I had often enjoyed room service over the years and like every other dining option there were hits and misses. At first I was disappointed but if I allow myself to stay in that mindset I am in for a life filled with misery as things will always change, some better, some worse and sometimes both at the same time depending on your vantage point.

I choose if I want to cruise, I choose if its Royal, I choose the room, I choose if I'll buy a beverage package, I choose if I buy specialty dining and now I'll choose if I want to pay for room service. My only caveat is for those with genuine mobility difficulty, I wish there were an equitable solution, I am even happier to pay if you can be accommodated without having to.

I hope my chosen cruise line remains profitable, successful, innovative and strive to provide me (and my family) options we can decide if we want to pay for all while bringing us around the world at a base price that seems very economical to me. Cheers All.