$7.95 Room Service Charge

I would like to ask that all people who are not happy with the new charge for room service, please contact RC directly and let them know. Power in numbers. For those who don't care about the charge, please do not try to shame those of us who are not happy with the fee. T

I'll assume you didn't read most of this thread since that was discussed over 1000 posts ago. You saw already what RCI's answer is - it will not change, that ship has sailed. If you feel that strongly about it you have one one option - cancel your cruise.

I honestly think this is going to happen to more and more cruise lines. NCL went to the same $7.95 service charge long before RCCL did. But with NCL, there are far more late night complimentary choices to choose from. They open their buffet back up at 9:30 to 11:00 for late night snacks, plus O'Sheehan's Irish Pub is a total complimentary restaurant open 24 hours a day, offering a FULL MENU! As for your concern with RCCL---no matter how many emails you send, they are not going to change this. Perhaps what you should be doing is asking them for more late night/24 hour complimentary choices. It is one of the reasons I was far happier with my NCL cruise than the 2 RCCL or 5 Carnival cruises I've taken. Much better choices with NCL. I will be sailing NCL again in January, and hope for many more cruises with them.

Perhaps you switch lines to NCL, but remember---free room service may be a thing of the past on ALL lines in the future.

I think they should have some late night venues for food also. I have never cruised on the vision of the seas but on the other rcl ships they have had at least one 24hr food venue which i always like and do look forward to. I would be very unhappy also if they had no food after 10 pm.

I hope if they decide to charge for room service they should implement at least one good 24 hour food venue on all ships. I am really surprised to hear this i have never sailed on any ship without a food venue being open for 24 hours on any cruise line.

I'll assume you didn't read most of this thread since that was discussed over 1000 posts ago. You saw already what RCI's answer is - it will not change, that ship has sailed. If you feel that strongly about it you have one one option - cancel your cruise.

Not a lot of solidarity around here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Biker, biker, biker....don't be "that" guy. You're better than that.

I actually commented on my survey that I liked the new menu items and appreciate their trying to improve.

But I also complained onboard when it wasn't up to par. They made it right

I actually commented on my survey that I liked the new menu items and appreciate their trying to improve.

But I also complained onboard when it wasn't up to par. They made it right

So far so good for us and we get the room service breakfast every morning.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Ours go in the fridge with the extra milk and muesli from room service breakfast to eat on the last morning when there is no room service breakfast.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I love that stuff! On Oasis/Allure in the Solarium for breakfast I always look forward to it with all the choices of fresh berries that they have to put in it.

No taking food off ship

Yes & no. One time in San Juan, we made a couple of ham sandwiches from breakfast to eat on the plane. I had mine in my backpack and my wife had hers in the rolling backpack. As we go thru customs, the German Shepard get the smell from my wife's bag. We get pulled over to a room and the Agent had this look that said "we caught a drug runner." Boy, was he disappointed when it was a simple ham sandwich.

Bottom line, while my wife was taken aback, mine got through.

• 4 weeks later...
Some of the food in other venues sounds fantastic also. How something sounds and how it tastes don't always match.

Very true.

Thankfully I only tried one thing on our cruise which sounded great but tasted awful. Others didn't sound so good but tasted amazing.

And that, folks, is why I gained 3kg in 2 weeks :D