$7.95 Room Service Charge

• 5 months later...
Ah but saying "No" all day long is not my idea of a relaxing vacation. Sure, you can self-sequester yourself to your cabin and avoid some of it, but non-stop upsell at the pool and IN FRONT OF MDR is annoying, unprofessional, and looks cheap to the customer. However apparently you have to take the dining upsell to get a decent meal. We took the pre-sold 5 night specialty dining pkg -- and glad we did based upon MDR and Windjammer reviews.

U

Okay, what is their Continental breakfast?

Pretty much everything is off limits. Broth, ginger ale and jello was about it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe RCI should contact real medical professionals. This, if correct is a horrible way to feed norovirus. Where is the replenishment of vital electrolytes. Should be served bananas, rice, toast, applesauce... the ginger ale should be avoided as it has too much sugar, and should be offered gatorade and water.

Maybe RCI should contact real medical professionals. This, if correct is a horrible way to feed norovirus. Where is the replenishment of vital electrolytes. Should be served bananas, rice, toast, applesauce... the ginger ale should be avoided as it has too much sugar, and should be offered gatorade and water.

As a mom and grandma, I always remember the "Brat"(bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet, but after the clear liquids for first 24 hours.;)

And Gatorade isn't loaded with sugar? Their 32 oz. bottles contain approx. 56 gms. of sugar.

Sorry if I didn't listen the entire menu, but you're probably correct. But ginger ale was a choice.

My point was that the regular menu of wings, chicken Alfredo, Wagyu beef, etc. wasn't available.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

And Gatorade isn't loaded with sugar? Their 32 oz. bottles contain approx. 56 gms. of sugar.

Sorry... maybe I used the wrong term... I should have said “just sugar.” However, something tells me you knew I was referring to getting the electrolytes in that are lost vs. just the high fructose corn syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry... maybe I used the wrong term... I should have said “just sugar.” However, something tells me you knew I was referring to getting the electrolytes in that are lost vs. just the high fructose corn syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, I didn't know that.

Gatorade has more sugar than ginger ale.

And also, so high of electrolytes, that the body dumps water into the stomach to dilute before absorbing.

Not what you said or implied.

Room Service 7.95 charge is fleet wide on RCCL. I wonder if it is per person? Would a family of 4 pay 31.80 for a snack from Room Service? That would not include any tip given to the room service delivery person.

This change affects me as I am disabled, on oxygen, in a wheelchair and seldom eat more than 1 meal out of my room. So, I will have to pay an extra 15.00 a day plus additional tipping.

Friends with a son who is fed with a feeding tube have at least one parent stay and eat with him each meal, so they would be paying an extra 60.00 a day, plus tips for the room service delivery, to their cruise for room service.

When I first started cursing RCCL, I could get any meal off of the regular dining room menu delivered to my stateroom. Then, we had the abbreviated menu. Now, I am to pay for an abbreviated menu though I won't be eating the food I've paid for elsewhere on the ship.

Guess the hubby will be schlepping sandwiches and pizza back to the room for me. SAD.

Room Service 7.95 charge is fleet wide on RCCL. I wonder if it is per person? Would a family of 4 pay 31.80 for a snack from Room Service? ...

The charge is per order, no matter how much you order.

Room Service 7.95 charge is fleet wide on RCCL. I wonder if it is per person? Would a family of 4 pay 31.80 for a snack from Room Service? That would not include any tip given to the room service delivery person.

This change affects me as I am disabled, on oxygen, in a wheelchair and seldom eat more than 1 meal out of my room. So, I will have to pay an extra 15.00 a day plus additional tipping.

Friends with a son who is fed with a feeding tube have at least one parent stay and eat with him each meal, so they would be paying an extra 60.00 a day, plus tips for the room service delivery, to their cruise for room service.

When I first started cursing RCCL, I could get any meal off of the regular dining room menu delivered to my stateroom. Then, we had the abbreviated menu. Now, I am to pay for an abbreviated menu though I won't be eating the food I've paid for elsewhere on the ship.

Guess the hubby will be schlepping sandwiches and pizza back to the room for me. SAD.

Prior to boarding, email special_needs@rccl.com. Describe your condition and that you are often unable to leave the cabin. They will waive the room service fees.