Diamond Drink Vouchers

• 9 months later...
These are a reward for members of the Crown & Anchor Society who have achieved at least the level of Diamond, which takes 80 cruise points.

I can't remember the number of drink vouchers Diamond members receive per evening of the cruise - isn't it something specific (3 or so and between certain times). Trying to remember from our last cruise.

I can't remember the number of drink vouchers Diamond members receive per evening of the cruise - isn't it something specific (3 or so and between certain times). Trying to remember from our last cruise.

Yes, 3 drink vouchers per evening, to be used only during the time the Diamond Lounge is servng cocktails.

Royal has become a victim of its own success. With so many D and D+ members (the latter of whom can no longer use the "concierge lounge," now only accessible to suite guests), the Diamond Club facilities and adjoining bars are now packed to overflowing (there were over 700 of us on our last cruise aboard Liberty, according to our Diamond Concierge). In an effort (albeit feeble) to somewhat mitigate the madness, the three-drink vouchers are now valid at any bar, save for the theater (or so they say) and dining room. We've often found no place to sit and enjoy our drinks and hors d'oeuvres unless we're there well before they're served. The heretofore respite has become a noisy, crowded facility, and checking for eligibility to enter is futile. There doesn't seem to be a viable solution, so it's grin-and-bear-it, I guess.

• 7 months later...
You must be thinking about Celebrity.

I still haven't figured out why Celebrity does not open the loyalty lounge on the first night. Have not been on that sister line yet, but was just curious why that policy is different? :confused:

I still haven't figured out why Celebrity does not open the loyalty lounge on the first night. Have not been on that sister line yet, but was just curious why that policy is different? :confused:

I'm pretty sure the officers mingle with the guests in the lounge each evening, and I think they are just too busy on the first night. At least that's what I remember from reading some posts on the Celebrity forum.

The Celebrity lounge is not open the night of the Loyalty drinks event either.

In the past X only offered the 3-drinks on cruises where they had high levels of loyalty guests. So it was go to the lounge during that 2 hour window or nothing! One area where RCI loyalty programme is far superior!

Royal has become a victim of its own success. With so many D and D+ members (the latter of whom can no longer use the "concierge lounge," now only accessible to suite guests), the Diamond Club facilities and adjoining bars are now packed to overflowing (there were over 700 of us on our last cruise aboard Liberty, according to our Diamond Concierge). In an effort (albeit feeble) to somewhat mitigate the madness, the three-drink vouchers are now valid at any bar, save for the theater (or so they say) and dining room. We've often found no place to sit and enjoy our drinks and hors d'oeuvres unless we're there well before they're served. The heretofore respite has become a noisy, crowded facility, and checking for eligibility to enter is futile. There doesn't seem to be a viable solution, so it's grin-and-bear-it, I guess.
D+ members are still allowed to use the concierge lounge its the suite lounge that D+ cannot enter. However RCI is slowly changing the concierge lounge's over to suite lounge's.

I'm pretty sure the officers mingle with the guests in the lounge each evening, and I think they are just too busy on the first night. At least that's what I remember from reading some posts on the Celebrity forum.

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks Bob! Just happy to have DL/CL/SL open on first night RCI. :D

D+ members are still allowed to use the concierge lounge its the suite lounge that D+ cannot enter. However RCI is slowly changing the concierge lounge's over to suite lounge's.

And making the DL even smaller on one of the largest ships (Harmony). :o:mad:

They must show up after we leave the Elite HH. ;) The only time we've seen the officers is during the Senior Officers event which is another evening there isn't an Elite and above HH.

Royal has become a victim of its own success. With so many D and D+ members (the latter of whom can no longer use the "concierge lounge," now only accessible to suite guests),

To be accurate, D+ can use Concierge Lounges. They cannot access Suite Lounges.

Not all ships have Suite Lounges. Some still have a Concierge Lounge.

Royal has become a victim of its own success. With so many D and D+ members (the latter of whom can no longer use the "concierge lounge," now only accessible to suite guests), the Diamond Club facilities and adjoining bars are now packed to overflowing (there were over 700 of us on our last cruise aboard Liberty, according to our Diamond Concierge). In an effort (albeit feeble) to somewhat mitigate the madness, the three-drink vouchers are now valid at any bar, save for the theater (or so they say) and dining room. We've often found no place to sit and enjoy our drinks and hors d'oeuvres unless we're there well before they're served. The heretofore respite has become a noisy, crowded facility, and checking for eligibility to enter is futile. There doesn't seem to be a viable solution, so it's grin-and-bear-it, I guess.[/quot

I feel that part of the problem is that some come at 4pm to get a seat and don't leave until it closes at 8;30!

To be accurate, D+ can use Concierge Lounges. They cannot access Suite Lounges.

Not all ships have Suite Lounges. Some still have a Concierge Lounge.

And some ships when there is a large number Of D+ on board will restrict D+ from the Concierge Lounge. An Example was JW TA last fall.

I try to make the Diamond drink period last as long as I can - I will get my first drink in the lounge and get my remaining 3 at speciality resturants or the pool bar. 4 drinks within that period of time is usually good to keep me for the night.

I figured that was the norm on TAs.

Our last 2 TA'S on Oasis Class they used Jazz on 4, Blaze, and Dazzles each night for the Diamond cocktail event. Our last TA on the Indy they used all of deck 14 and it was standing room only for the 3+ hours, this was before the refurb where they added the Suite lounge to deck 14.