Royal Caribbean False Advertising

Tm100

I wish somebody would get Royal Caribbean for what other companies are being sued for.

"Grieman said MyPillow advertised a $89.97 BOGO sale, but the sale was ongoing.

“When you make a BOGO a continuous offer, it becomes a regular price of the product,” Grieman said. “So, you can’t offer that sale price for more days during a year, than you do the regular price.”"

I wish somebody would get Royal Caribbean for what other companies are being sued for.

“When you make a BOGO a continuous offer, it becomes a regular price of the product,” Grieman said. “So, you can’t offer that sale price for more days during a year, than you do the regular price.”"

Who's Grieman?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You're the consumer and your choice is to not shop at RCI ;)

• Like 1

If that was "false advertising", just about every company in the world would be sued for false advertising...

When is the last time anyone ever payed "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" for ANYTHING?

Every company sets an official price, then discounts it somehow...It's a marketing ploy that has been around for a long, long time.

Ever cruise Oceania? Ever since they have been in existence, they have advertised "2 for 1, Free Air"...And not only has no one ever paid full price, the air isn't really free either--because you can opt out and get a credit...

When Celebrity does one of its "Free Drinks, Free Gratuities, Free OBC" deals, do you really think those things are "free"? Of course not, they are merely blended into the price.

Cruise lines, like everyone else who sells a product, love to market in a manner that makes customers feel like they are getting a deal. Truth is, the price is always whatever the market will bear...They can call it 2 for 1, 30% off, "sale price" or whatever...but that price goes up and down depending on how well it's selling.

Is it "false advertising? No...because, no matter how they term it, if they offer it to you at a particular price...and then you buy it at that price, there is nothing wrong. It is only false advertising if they offer it at a particular price and then charge you something more than that.

No kididng, but there is little denying that their sale tactics are deceptive. When was the last time you saw a cruise that wasn't 30% off?

Just booked one 2 months ago that was buy one get half off the second guest for December 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

JCPenny's tried to give customers honest and clear pricing. The result is the company is in their downward spiral, thousands have lost their jobs and they are shuttering hundreds of stores.

The American public wants to FEEL like they are getting a deal, even when they aren't.

I despise this bait-and-switch of retail tactic, but it works. Nothing like going to the grocery store and seeing chips "buy one, get one free" but one bag now costs $7 instead of the normal $3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about RCI's sales. All the cruise lines have their gimmicks...you either like the price/perks and book, or you don't like the price and look elsewhere. I can't remember the last time I paid "list price" for a cruise, but I'm quite certain nobody's losing money on the great deal they're giving me!🤣 On Royal Caribbean it's a percent off, on Celebrity it's free drinks, HAL gives more OBC...in the end it's all just marketing.

JCPenny's tried to give customers honest and clear pricing. The result is the company is in their downward spiral, thousands have lost their jobs and they are shuttering hundreds of stores.

The American public wants to FEEL like they are getting a deal, even when they aren't.

I despise this bait-and-switch of retail tactic, but it works. Nothing like going to the grocery store and seeing chips "buy one, get one free" but one bag now costs $7 instead of the normal $3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Publix here in FL is pretty up front with the BOGO pricing. I try and marke it 25%

Of our bill

• Like 1

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about RCI's sales. All the cruise lines have their gimmicks...you either like the price/perks and book, or you don't like the price and look elsewhere. I can't remember the last time I paid "list price" for a cruise, but I'm quite certain nobody's losing money on the great deal they're giving me!🤣 On Royal Caribbean it's a percent off, on Celebrity it's free drinks, HAL gives more OBC...in the end it's all just marketing.

I paid catalogue price on Carnivale in January 1989. 😱

Some of us are not cabin snobs. ;p

Not really. I think a deal is when you get a nicer cabin at a good price.

Very fond of JS's lately. But I'd take an inside over a cookie cutter balcony if there was significant price difference. Because then I would buy two of them 😉

Hold up. At the same time that they changed pricing structure they ALSO decimated old brands within the store that people loved, and changed the stores around entirely to look cool. They changed the music to lure in younger shoppers who were never going there anyway unless dragged there by parents, while at the same time making it unpleasant for those parents trying to buy clothes for their families.

I had a few go-to things I loved there for while I was dropping weight and they got rid of them all. I cannot find what I need there, and when I do find something, there are 6 unmanned pay stations for every one that's open, which means a 25 minute wait in line.

We once lurked around men's suits for over 20 minutes waiting for someone to help us. Three employees raced by, ignoring my "excuse me" as they ran into or out of the back. They just don't care to help.

There is FAR more than the pricing as to why fewer people are shopping there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums