Classic Package Change

TommyD3

But it still reads "Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving."

Whereas it has been said that the $9 limit is now across all alcoholic drinks????

But it still reads "Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving."

Whereas it has been said that the $9 limit is now across all alcoholic drinks????

Again, click the link in the paragraph about the classic beverage package. It says all of it right there

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

the link

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Again, click the link in the paragraph about the classic beverage package. It says all of it right there

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

the link

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I know! My point was that someone put a link to an allegedly update page which still has the text I quoted: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

That person was me, and I said to click the link on that page in the paragraph about the classic package which leads you to all the updated information. I just couldn't link the pdf while on mobile.

I guess I need to do this again. Not all beverages are subject to the $9 or $13 limit (or whatever!). So-called Premium bottled water is available with the Premium package but not the Classic. Cans of soda are the same. The same rules about price DO NOT APPLY, only what the line will allow. If they choose to do it, then that's it. Those of you who will switch to OBC instead of the Classic package are shooting themselves in the foot. Do you think X cares which perk you take?

There has to be a difference to warrant purchasing the better tier. If things get moved around as a result of X experimenting to get the balance between what's offered and profit margins, it will do it! On NCL, there is NO offering that includes cans of soda (it's all fountain, but some locations may fill a glass from a can or even give you the whole thing). bottled water, premium or otherwise or even specialty coffees! In fact, if you accept the Ultimate Drinks Package on NCL as a perk, you will be charged the 18% gratuity on the normal cost of the package. The same went for the dining package, if you chose that. The first time we had those perks, there was NO gratuity charge, but that's down to fine-tuning.

So I, for one, am thankful for what I CAN get and I refuse to gripe about what is moved from one tier to another as the cruise line works out the best way to make a profit and please the guest at the same time! I can also upgrade just one of us to Premium if I want. Not that there are levels on NCL, but the way it's set up, it has to be everyone in the cabin or no-one!

That person was me, and I said to click the link on that page in the paragraph about the classic package which leads you to all the updated information. I just couldn't link the pdf while on mobile.

Thanks for the clarification.

Those of you who will switch to OBC instead of the Classic package are shooting themselves in the foot. Do you think X cares which perk you take?

X does not care on an individual basis but in real terms, X will be spending more money on passengers like me who now opt for gratuities and OBC because canned sodas are no longer in the Classic package. I don't drink alcohol and I don't do any specialty coffees and teas. I drink water and sometimes a soda. My husband does soda and one or two glasses of wine a day. I picked Classic package for convenience. Being nickeled and dimed by X means I now have decided to nickel and dime back.

X does not care on an individual basis but in real terms, X will be spending more money on passengers like me who now opt for gratuities and OBC because canned sodas are no longer in the Classic package. I don't drink alcohol and I don't do any specialty coffees and teas. I drink water and sometimes a soda. My husband does soda and one or two glasses of wine a day. I picked Classic package for convenience. Being nickeled and dimed by X means I now have decided to nickel and dime back.

Not really, because most 'passengers like you' are more likely not to choose the drinks package anyway! My DW doesn't drink, but we have the drinks package because I want it. Individually, it makes no difference as it's an overall average that will decide policy, not your personal choice to change and that change will make little or no difference to the percentages.

Many perks offers are aimed at first-time cruisers anyway as they're the ones most likely to buy the photographs, inch of gold and ship's excursions whereas experienced cruisers mostly know better (mostly).

So, help me out here. I have a Classic package.

They've moved Bailey's and Drambuie to the Premium package. These are the only two drinks I'd use from the Premium pkg. I'm fine with everything else in Classic.

Since these aren't listed under the Classic pkg, I guess there's no "difference" to pay. Will I pay the full price for these options?

This is our first time with a drinks package.

The way that I understand it is that the Classic Package includes drinks up to $9. If your Bailey's is $10, then you pay the extra $1 + gratuity.

Just off Silly Sunday and that is what we were charged with the classic package. I thought it was weird at first. I thought why the $1.18 charge. Now I know why. I didn't ask why just thought I was fortunate or something. After about the 3rd or 4th time I figured they had changed the policy.

What a good thing for cruisers.

I guess I need to do this again. Not all beverages are subject to the $9 or $13 limit (or whatever!). So-called Premium bottled water is available with the Premium package but not the Classic. Cans of soda are the same. The same rules about price DO NOT APPLY, only what the line will allow. If they choose to do it, then that's it. Those of you who will switch to OBC instead of the Classic package are shooting themselves in the foot. Do you think X cares which perk you take?

There has to be a difference to warrant purchasing the better tier. If things get moved around as a result of X experimenting to get the balance between what's offered and profit margins, it will do it! On NCL, there is NO offering that includes cans of soda (it's all fountain, but some locations may fill a glass from a can or even give you the whole thing). bottled water, premium or otherwise or even specialty coffees! In fact, if you accept the Ultimate Drinks Package on NCL as a perk, you will be charged the 18% gratuity on the normal cost of the package. The same went for the dining package, if you chose that. The first time we had those perks, there was NO gratuity charge, but that's down to fine-tuning.

So I, for one, am thankful for what I CAN get and I refuse to gripe about what is moved from one tier to another as the cruise line works out the best way to make a profit and please the guest at the same time! I can also upgrade just one of us to Premium if I want. Not that there are levels on NCL, but the way it's set up, it has to be everyone in the cabin or no-one!

\

Guess I am one of the gripers :rolleyes:.

Nice thing about this forum is we are all able to offer an opinion good and bad, within reason of course. We all come from a different perspective. While there are definitely advantages to this change there are clearly some aspects of it that others find not so great and we weight it based on our use of the package.

And yes the cruise line works things out to fit their own bottom line which translates to getting more out of us. I think we all understand that but guess we could be reminded again.

Oh and until I sail NCL again, I don't care what they do with their package. Though their requiring all in a cabin to get it definitely sucks.

Edited by poffles
Edited to say 'unsubscribing'.

Came back just to say that all said and done, I was thinking of upgrading to Premium and that has not changed so will likely do that next sailing.

And also thanks to TommyD3 for coming here and sharing with us all.

Just off Silly Sunday and that is what we were charged with the classic package. I thought it was weird at first. I thought why the $1.18 charge. Now I know why. I didn't ask why just thought I was fortunate or something. After about the 3rd or 4th time I figured they had changed the policy.

What a good thing for cruisers.

Did you have to sign for that extra $1.18? That's the one thing that aggravates DH. Before with the Classic, he just gave his card. Now he is afraid that he will have to sign for every little "upshot".

On the first night I asked for a martini on the classic package and was told none was available. When I ordered a "classic" martini it was made with Grey Goose vodka and I was charged $3.54.

You should be able to get a regular vodka martini at bars other than the martini bar. They are not the as large as the ones at the Martini Bar and are made with vodka that is included in the Classic package.

Really hope the fountain pop isn't true. We will always pay the upgrade when we get the classic as a perk but we were looking at paying ($2,400 cdn) for the classic on our Suez Canal cruise. Won't happen without canned pop. DH drinks too much of it.

Really hope the fountain pop isn't true. We will always pay the upgrade when we get the classic as a perk but we were looking at paying ($2,400 cdn) for the classic on our Suez Canal cruise. Won't happen without canned pop. DH drinks too much of it.

The classic still includes cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see mixed drinks on the new list. We have the classic package. I only drink fruity, tropical drinks with rum. If I order a Bahama Mama or rum runner, will it be covered as long as I order it with rum that is covered under the classic package?

I don't see mixed drinks on the new list. We have the classic package. I only drink fruity, tropical drinks with rum. If I order a Bahama Mama or rum runner, will it be covered as long as I order it with rum that is covered under the classic package?

They will be covered under classic. Were last week for us.