Classic Package Change

TommyD3

On my next trip, I have $600 of onboard credit. In 10 days time, I'm sure we will have came out just about even if we upgrade to the premium package. I really enjoyed the martini bar, and I just don't want to have to think about whether my drink is covered or not, depending on which lounge I'm in. I just factor it into the cost of my vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Amaretto has been moved to premium too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one hurts. Disaronno is my jam, but it's not a premium. Come on.

What about shots? A shot of Disaronno can't cost more than $9.

Believe I read that if you get the Martini Flight with the Premium Package you just pay the difference. A nice benefit of this change is that one would think this would now apply to the Classic for anyone wanting to do this and only pay the difference.

Not sure what the cost of Martini Flight is and how much the up charge would be but still a thought.

That's crazy Stella for ten dollars. It's a full time job to stay informed on the drink prices lol.

Hmmm ... was just looking at menu posts by someone currently sailing on Equinox and Stella shows as 7.5 on Sky Lounge menu. Huhhhhh??? Maybe what you have here is a large serving. Something askew and the 7.5 def makes more sense to me for a bottle. So if 7.5 is in some bars then the explicit listing of inclusives becomes even worse now in not understanding.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMrEEqellIDfJA2Vwl8yaGMKqdK6VcO_KivNepoftpOucHmHUmPgcVwsFsI2xcBew/photo/AF1QipNBzs3wqRyXhhCq9Dv5TKzZrDGH3PiNWr49Hfq9?key=ZVlHa0JjaWhvT1ZsSmd3azkwQ1ljQnlmSjg1aVNR

Hope they don't mind my posting. Credit to dabeers1 who is posting http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2475983 now.

What is Reflections Deck 11? Listed under the Premium Pkg, Martini Bar, Reflections ?

Constellation has a Reflections Lounge, aft on deck 11.

The Reflections Lounge is at the front of the ship (not aft), but it's the large upstairs lounge with windows.

:mad:Interesting about the Classic vs Premium drink package. We sailed on the Silhouette over Thanksgiving 2016. The ship left Miami the morning after it returned from a TA. We had a Premium drink package and they did NOT have premium wines on the ship for three or four days. We were served Classic wines for our Premium package!

They can make the prices whatever they want.

Many of the wines are priced per glass what we pay per bottle here at home. :(

All extra charge beverages on the ship are priced at the level you would expect to pay in a nice restaurant or bar, and all of them are substantially above retail prices. This applies to both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and isn't surprising. I don't know if I've ever been in a bar or lounge (on land or sea) that had beverage prices that were as low as what one would find at a retail market, liquor or wine store so comparing to retail bottle prices isn't really fair.

We live in the Chicago area and the prices on board, for bottles of wine and individual cocktails, are actually lower than what we find in nicer restaurants or lounges around here.

All extra charge beverages on the ship are priced at the level you would expect to pay in a nice restaurant or bar, and all of them are substantially above retail prices. This applies to both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and isn't surprising. I don't know if I've ever been in a bar or lounge (on land or sea) that had beverage prices that were as low as what one would find at a retail market, liquor or wine store so comparing to retail bottle prices isn't really fair.

We live in the Chicago area and the prices on board, for bottles of wine and individual cocktails, are actually lower than what we find in nicer restaurants or lounges around here.

Depends on where you live, much cheaper here in St. Louis, not even close. Two exceptions to that rule is definitely Busch Stadium and Scott Trade Center for the Cardinals and Blues.. LOL

Not to be a negative Nellie, but I now foresee at some point the standard drink package being used as the "free" beverage package in the Go BBB fares. If not across the board for non-suite cabins, then at least for oceanview (as someone previously mentioned). Also, I really don't see insides ever being part of the Go BBB equation, but who knows.

I just can't see how Celebrity can possibly think that moving the Classic package to a "only pay the difference over the Classic max price" will increase their revenues, even with moving several of the current drink prices from below the Classic max price to over the max price by a buck or two. There has to be something else in the works, IMHO.

Time will tell!

Thx.

Just off Silhouette yesterday and "pay the difference" was in effect. I loved it as I enjoy a martini before dinner and $3.54 was cheaper than upgrading. They did move a few of my favorite vodkas to Premium but I found Tito and Stoli just fine.

I suspect it's less about making more money on the people who are currently buying drink packages than it is about pushing even more people to purchase (or book Go BBB to get) packages. If the package price is the same but each drink is now an extra buck or two, that will push people to get the package. And given the huge markup on drinks over Celebrity's cost, if I would have previously purchased say $30 worth of drinks a day but am now paying $55 for a drink package, Celebrity wins, even if I have a couple extra drinks a day because I have the package.

Depends on where you live, much cheaper here in St. Louis, not even close. Two exceptions to that rule is definitely Busch Stadium and Scott Trade Center for the Cardinals and Blues.. LOL

We live in Michigan .

Wines (even in high-end restaurants) are marked up much less than they are on Celebrity.

Mixed drinks, even so called "craft" cocktails are also less.

So I guess it DOES depend on where you live.

And we have a Jack drinker in the family. :(

Mojitos are on the Standard package, so they will be included in the Classic.

I thought Mojito etc. were always included in Classic - just that you got Well Liquor. DW and I do not think you can taste the difference of Premium liquor in a long mixed drink anyway.

Just off Silhouette yesterday and "pay the difference" was in effect. I loved it as I enjoy a martini before dinner and $3.54 was cheaper than upgrading. They did move a few of my favorite vodkas to Premium but I found Tito and Stoli just fine.

Are you referring to Martini at the Martini bar ? I ask because, surely Martini is always available in Classic, just limited to your choice of Vodka or Gin.

Also if you paid the upgrade difference couldn't you get an Premium Vodka ?

We live in Michigan .

Wines (even in high-end restaurants) are marked up much less than they are on Celebrity.

Mixed drinks, even so called "craft" cocktails are also less.

So I guess it DOES depend on where you live.

Capital Grille has cheap house wines by the glass beginning at $11. Celebrity's lower end runs around $7.

Glad to know that both Tito's and Stoli are still on Classic. Thanks!

Are you referring to Martini at the Martini bar ? I ask because, surely Martini is always available in Classic, just limited to your choice of Vodka or Gin.

Yes, I'd like to know the answer too.:confused:

Thanks for the post of the new lists. Beneficial to some of our party. We're wondering if they're going to put the price up. My DH drinks 5 peroni lagers during the day and a coffee in the morning and water with lunch, that's the package taken care of before dinner

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought Mojito etc. were always included in Classic - just that you got Well Liquor. DW and I do not think you can taste the difference of Premium liquor in a long mixed drink anyway.

I was responding to a post where they said they did not see the Mojito listed on the Classic anymore. As long as it is listed on a lower cost package, (in this case the Standard) it is included in a higher category package. The Mojito WAS included in the Classic package, but since the Standard package made it's debut, it was placed under that package, instead. ;)

As far as I know, the martini has always been listed under the Premium package. Some reports surfaced that one could receive a smaller martini if they asked. And I believe that practice was halted by Celebrity.

As far as I know, the martini has always been listed under the Premium package. Some reports surfaced that one could receive a smaller martini if they asked. And I believe that practice was halted by Celebrity.

We were just on the Eclipse last month. We asked if there were any martinis that were covered under the classic package. There are 3, Apple, Cosmo, Regular. Although, they were served in a standard size martini glass they were only half full. Hearing this news however we are excited to only pay the difference instead of upgrading. We do not drink the majority of the premium liquors and can not justify the upgrade, were as this case they will be getting more money out of us.

There are 3, Apple, Cosmo, Regular. Although, they were served in a standard size martini glass they were only half full.

I can never understand why they give half sized drinks,

Since you have a package you can have as many as you want, or drink the smaller one and order another,and another.....

So why not serve a large one, if it using liqueur on the package