Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Believe I read that if you get the Martini Flight with the Premium Package you just pay the difference. A nice benefit of this change is that one would think this would now apply to the Classic for anyone wanting to do this and only pay the difference.

Not sure what the cost of Martini Flight is and how much the up charge would be but still a thought.

On the Eclipse in December the Martini Flight was not covered by the Premium Package, if you ordered it you paid full price.

Not according to the new link that was posted.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Scroll to the bottom.

Ok-- you're right. But the page at the top of this thread shows that it IS included.

My experience was the papers on the ship seemed to hold more true on the ships than the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No...the new system is very easy. If you have the classic package, you will pay the incremental cost for any drink over $9 period. All the lists are just examples of alcohols/drinks that fall within a specific package....so Remy Martin may cost $10 (guess) so it shows as included in the premium package. However if you have the classic package, you would pay an additional $1 (plus gratuities on that $1) since the first $9 (plus gratuities) is covered by the classic package.

Thanks! Very easy.

Is there a substitute for Bailey's?

I was not aware that Celebrity had soda fountains?

No real substitute for Baileys..but I also like Kahlua and the Tia Maria...a few extra dollars won't kill us but having to sign again & track the charges is annoying.

Guess we'll bring a 6 pack of soda cans on with us along with 4 btls of Fiji water for in cabin use

..We try to gather the included Classic water as well. Was much nicer when AQ received daily bottled water..the herbal tea they supply is ghastly!

Just a few adjustments for no frills modern luxury!

Did you have to sign for that extra $1.18? That's the one thing that aggravates DH. Before with the Classic, he just gave his card. Now he is afraid that he will have to sign for every little "upshot".

We had to sign the chit every time for the .59 cent cost on the wifesters glass of wine.

Does anyone know if prosecco is still available on the Classic package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good question. I'd like to know, too.:)

If you look at the copy of the list which Tommy D3 posted on page 1 Prosecco is listed as the last wine in the Classic Package list.

Did you have to sign for that extra $1.18? That's the one thing that aggravates DH. Before with the Classic, he just gave his card. Now he is afraid that he will have to sign for every little "upshot".

Agree. I'm guessing with the new policy we would probably be a little better off (financially) to just pay the difference on the drinks in lieu of upgrading to the premium package. But we'll upgrade anyway just to avoid the big hassle (IMHO, especially for a buck!) every time of signing a few times a day for $1.18 or $2.36 or $3.54 or whatever. After spending $3K+ for the week, I'm not going to worry about saving MAYBE $50-75 for the whole week by paying overage per drink instead of upgrading to the premium package.

You can start nickel and diming them back, but I think it's alot easier for them to nickel and dime you then it is for you to nickel and dime them in return. Plus that will probably be on your mind the entire time as well.

And BTW, the days of us buying photos and ship excursions and gold by the inch, etc. are long gone, so we'll let them nickel and dime us just this little bit!

Thx!

Yes, but for every "upshot" before the changes one would have to pay full price for the drink. Now one just pays the difference in price. Still have to sign either way.

Agree. I'm guessing with the new policy we would probably be a little better off (financially) to just pay the difference on the drinks in lieu of upgrading to the premium package. But we'll upgrade anyway just to avoid the big hassle (IMHO, especially for a buck!) every time of signing a few times a day for $1.18 or $2.36 or $3.54 or whatever. After spending $3K+ for the week, I'm not going to worry about saving MAYBE $50-75 for the whole week by paying overage per drink instead of upgrading to the premium package.

!

And this is probably just what Celebrity is thinking we will do! :evilsmile:

It's the reason why we bought a drink package on Oceania Cruises. It was expensive, and there was no way we would drink enough to justify the cost, but DH did not want to have to sign for everything. :rolleyes:We were so used to just showing our card on Celebrity and getting what we wanted without having to add a dime.

Confirmed by Celebrity on Facebook. Canned soda only on Premium package.

Did Facebook say anything about soda machines being added to the ship?

Strange that the classic package is the only one left out of canned soda, all other packages are inclusive. Hope that correction of website to include canned soda would be done onboard, like Buckeye received.

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean several times, but never with a drink package. Next year I will go on my first Celebrity cruise, which includes the Classic package. I am actually looking forward to having a drink package.

When cruising without a drink package, I always had to sign a slip of paper. From reading this thread, it appears that there is nothing to sign when you have a drink package. While that makes sense, suppose I wanted to tip extra for the drink. How would I do that if there is no slip of paper to write the amount on? Just curious.

I wouldn't panic about fountain soda versus cans just yet. I remember last year having a last-minute panic because the package description said "fountain soda" when I knew I'd always gotten cans. Thought there might have been a change but there wasn't. The current ships do not have drink machines, so the only option would be for bartenders to use their soda guns (which, again, they've never done for me). Now, maybe Edge is planning to introduce fountain soda machines and this is in anticipation of that, but for now I'd wait to hear how it's being handled on upcoming cruises.

When cruising without a drink package, I always had to sign a slip of paper. From reading this thread, it appears that there is nothing to sign when you have a drink package. While that makes sense, suppose I wanted to tip extra for the drink. How would I do that if there is no slip of paper to write the amount on? Just curious.

You can ask for a slip to use. Or you can tip in cash. Every drink on the package already has the gratuity included in it, though.

You can start nickel and diming them back, but I think it's alot easier for them to nickel and dime you then it is for you to nickel and dime them in return. Plus that will probably be on your mind the entire time as well.

And BTW, the days of us buying photos and ship excursions and gold by the inch, etc. are long gone, so we'll let them nickel and dime us just this little bit!

Thx!

Rated : A+++

Thank you.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk