Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Please bear with my question. This will be our second Celebrity cruise and the first where we are purchasing a drink package.

I understand from the posts above that we won't be paying pay full price to "upgrade" to premium alcohol and drinks on Premium but, if a drink, like Remy Martin VSOP, which is listed on Premium and not on Classic, would we pay the full amount.

No...the new system is very easy. If you have the classic package, you will pay the incremental cost for any drink over $9 period. All the lists are just examples of alcohols/drinks that fall within a specific package....so Remy Martin may cost $10 (guess) so it shows as included in the premium package. However if you have the classic package, you would pay an additional $1 (plus gratuities on that $1) since the first $9 (plus gratuities) is covered by the classic package.

Has anyone else noticed that on the information sheet posted on page 1, the Premium package lists "signature Bars" and then shows the martini bar and "Reflections" on deck 11.

When did Reflections become a specialty bar? Is that bar now like the martini bar where they won't serve regular classic package drinks?

Very strange,,,,

I also have a question.

Regular bottled water is included in classic.

Pellegrino is not.

So now if you have classic would you just pay the difference to get the Pellegrino?

(I think they've opened the proverbial can of worms with this change)

But the difference in what? It's NOT more than the $9 cut off. I think you're right-- this is going to be a mess. I don't sail until August. I was planning to upgrade (last time I didn't need to) so that I can partake of the Alaskan beers-- now I don't even see that on the list (although presume it's because the list is not specifically for an Alaskan itinerary).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also have a question.

Regular bottled water is included in classic.

Pellegrino is not.

So now if you have classic would you just pay the difference to get the Pellegrino?

(I think they've opened the proverbial can of worms with this change)

But the difference in what? It's NOT more than the $9 cut off. I think you're right-- this is going to be a mess. I don't sail until August. I was planning to upgrade (last time I didn't need to) so that I can partake of the Alaskan beers-- now I don't even see that on the list (although presume it's because the list is not specifically for an Alaskan itinerary).

The difference in price between regular bottled water and Pellegrino.

Before the regular water was included in Classic and the Pellegrino was not.

It's still listed that way EXCEPT that now it says ANY drink up to $9 and Pellegrino is under $9 (and considered an "upgrade" from still bottled water.)

That's because it's on standard, which is included in classic.

Ok,,,,...thanks guess I did not know standard is also included in Classic.

So now, if we order up by a few dollars, the bar waitstaff will be bringing us a receipt to sign which includes the upcharge and the tip on the upcharge and we'll have to monitor daily charges,...Seems more complicated but we'll see how it works out.

Some items I like will have the upcharge unless I find substitues for Baileys and Amaretto...

Are you referring to Martini at the Martini bar ? I ask because, surely Martini is always available in Classic, just limited to your choice of Vodka or Gin.

Also if you paid the upgrade difference couldn't you get an Premium Vodka ?

On the first night I asked for a martini on the classic package and was told none was available. When I ordered a "classic" martini it was made with Grey Goose vodka and I was charged $3.54.

The difference in price between regular bottled water and Pellegrino.

Before the regular water was included in Classic and the Pellegrino was not.

It's still listed that way EXCEPT that now it says ANY drink up to $9 and Pellegrino is under $9 (and considered an "upgrade" from still bottled water.)

No, I don't think there's an issue here. The 'pay the difference' option applies to alcoholic drinks only whereas the bottled water is specifically listed. So, you will STILL get regular bottled water with the Classic package and S. Pelegrino, etc. with the Premium as stated. If you want Pelegrino and you have the Classic package, you pay the going rateas you would have with no package.

On the first night I asked for a martini on the classic package and was told none was available. When I ordered a "classic" martini it was made with Grey Goose vodka and I was charged $3.54.

So that's a change. In the past I have ordered a Absolute Martini on the classic package.

So that's a change. In the past I have ordered a Absolute Martini on the classic package.

Since Absolut is on the classic package simply order Absolut on the rocks with a splash of vermouth:D I understand the glass is different, but you will end up with more liquor anyway.

This link to new drink packages works.

The beer list on the premium package is one of the best I've seen anywhere. I'll pay the $1 extra to upgrade beer. At most, I'll drink a couple a day. Of course, there's nothing wrong with Sam Adams on the Classic Package either.

Thanks for the link. Agree about the beer.

I find it odd that fountain sodas are on classic, but can sodas are listed under premium. Surely a can of soda is less than $9, so why is is not available under classic?

Also, I do not see limoncello listed at all - a fav for DH. Where would that be?

Mostly sad about the move of Baileys - love it on the rocks, with BBC, and Aspen coffee. But will just gladly pay the small up charge rather than have a need to upgrade to premium.

Is this 'difference' charge only for items that were on the Classic package and have been moved to Premium?

(Example) If a drink had never been available on the Classic Package (say a special martini), the person on the Classic package would have to pay full price. Right? Because the difference between the cost of the drink and the Classic cost (0) would be the entire cost of the drink.

Melissa

(Never mind - read a few more and I get it now. $9 as the base, anything more is surcharge with tip on the surcharge.

Edited by Melissa at Mohair Meadows
misunderstood

I find it odd that fountain sodas are on classic, but can sodas are listed under premium. Surely a can of soda is less than $9, so why is is not available under classic?

That stood out for me too. It's unbelievable a can you of soda has been priced in to the premium package. [emoji54]

OK ... seriously. Even cans of soda are moved. This is ridiculous and not happy about that at all. The perk is no longer what it was, the change to the pay the difference is nice but it clearly comes at another cost .. and no I am not shocked by that. That said, the perk that clearly we all know has been slowly pulled into the baseline cruise cost, is no longer what it was for me and leaves me a bit put off ... I hate fountain soda as it always tastes flat.

Soooooooo .. if I want a can of soda, what will I pay? The full cost of the can?

Shocked they haven't change the included water in the Classic to say 'fountain' water. :( I was debating upgrading to Premium on any new cruise with them but now I feel forced to do that just to get what I would have had before in the Classic.

Edited by poffles

Some items I like will have the upcharge unless I find substitues for Baileys and Amaretto...

Is there a substitute for Bailey's?

I find it odd that fountain sodas are on classic, but can sodas are listed under premium.

I was not aware that Celebrity had soda fountains?

I've never gotten a can either the classic package. I've seen them open cans, fill up a cup, and keep the rest of the can behind the bar(like on Carnival and RC) but I've never had a can left with me. I also don't think I've ever seen fountain soda on X. Not saying it isn't there, but I haven't seen it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

They may have updated the list, but not the price of the package. I just received the following from my TA website. This used to say "A value of 55.00 per..."

A Classic Beverage Package for TWO

(A value of $ 64.90 per person/per day, includes all gratuities)

The extra $9.90 is the 18% gratuity on the $55 if you purchased the package.

I've never gotten a can either the classic package. I've seen them open cans, fill up a cup, and keep the rest of the can behind the bar(like on Carnival and RC) but I've never had a can left with me. I also don't think I've ever seen fountain soda on X. Not saying it isn't there, but I haven't seen it.

On Classic, only package I've had on my two sailings, I have gotten many cans of soda which they gave me unopened along with a glass of ice. I'm sure they have fountain for mixed drinks which I envision it getting much more use now. I would drink many cans so was not a one off occurrence. Never in all my asks for pop/soda was I given fountain.