Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Actually the Celebrity bean counters didn't really think this one through. They counted the short savings but probably haven't cruised and seen the bartenders slammed making drinks. Consider time is money in drinks served. Have you ever timed how long it takes a bartender to fill a fountain drink from a gun vs. grab and go for the can? If everyone on the ship used the same bar to get their fountain drinks, Celebrity might see the light. Otherwise, they're so far removed in Miami, that it won't make a difference.

they probably fill the glass with ice. Less soft drink, more profit.

This is a very interesting thread. Lots of useful information. Thanks, all, for the contributions.

For me, it's a good thing. We have a Classic Package, but never intended to upgrade. We rarely, if ever, drink canned soda, so that change isn't an issue for us.

For me, I like a malt whisky. These were never on the Classic package, only basic blended whiskies. So now, for just a little extra each day, I can have a lovely Laphroaig or Lagavulin, which I wouldn't have had before. Excellent news.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok to ask the question if I want a can of soda how much will it cost me? Does anyone actually know the cost? If I have the classic alcoholic drinks package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok to ask the question if I want a can of soda how much will it cost me? Does anyone actually know the cost? If I have the classic alcoholic drinks package?

I believe the sodas are between $3 and $5 ish + 18% gratuity, obviously depending on which variety you choose. Presumably, if you are on the Classic package, you will now be charged the full amount.

Here's a link to a full list of drink menus (kindly supplied by thepreismans), but charges may have increased since this was originally posted and obviously some drinks have now been moved to the Premium package.

http://www.thepreismans.com/equinox_ta_menus.htm#main

I believe the sodas are between $3 and $5 ish + 18% gratuity, obviously depending on which variety you choose. Presumably, if you are on the Classic package, you will now be charged the full amount.

Here's a link to a full list of drink menus (kindly supplied by thepreismans), but charges may have increased since this was originally posted and obviously some drinks have now been moved to the Premium package.

Since they get fountain sodas included in the Classic package shouldn't they just be charged the difference between the fountain sodas and the cans?

Since they get fountain sodas included in the Classic package shouldn't they just be charged the difference between the fountain sodas and the cans?

Yes and no...

The problem seems to be that they simply don`t have most of the sodas on fountains.

If they had I for example would not care if my Diet Coke came in a can or just a glass.

Yes and no...

The problem seems to be that they simply don`t have most of the sodas on fountains.

If they had I for example would not care if my Diet Coke came in a can or just a glass.

So are you saying that if they order a Diet Coke and it's not available from the fountain that they will

a) get it in a can included in the Classic package because they didn't specify "can"

or

b) can ONLY get it by paying full price since it's only available in a can

???????????????

(The "can" I see here is the can of worms Celebrity has opened by not thinking this new change through before implementing)

they probably fill the glass with ice. Less soft drink, more profit.

Since Celebrity has been on a cost cutting binge of late, what's to prevent them from reducing the syrup mixture to save a little more? I've experienced weak syrup fountain drinks before and would rather have none than bad.

Oh yeah, another way to force people to want to upgrade like they do in the MDR with expensive specialty restaurants.

So are you saying that if they order a Diet Coke and it's not available from the fountain that they will

a) get it in a can included in the Classic package because they didn't specify "can"

or

b) can ONLY get it by paying full price since it's only available in a can

???????????????

(The "can" I see here is the can of worms Celebrity has opened by not thinking this new change through before implementing)

As per the new regulation it would be answer b.

And that shows how ridiculous this rule is. You could get more expensive alcoholic drinks and cocktails but you would have to pay for a simple can of coke.

I believe this change is not really thought through and the official information faulty - e.g. the wording "beverages up to 9$" would actually also include a can of Coke for 3$.

Anyway I am hoping this "can of worms" as you so aptly put it, will cause so much problems on board that it will be changed again.

You can bet your bottom dollar that won't be the case. X will state that as only fountain sodas and standard waters are in the Classic Package allocation, then any canned sodas ordered will be charged at full price (even though the X official rep quoted earlier in this thread that ANY beverage up to $9 was included). They probably will then push the upgrade to Premium stating that for only the price of 2 extra cans per day, you can obtain all the other delights that come as standard with the Premium Beverage Package.

I was on the Equinox about a year ago i ordered a scotch on the rocks with soda water the drink i got was flat no life in the soda i sent the drink back the waiter said the soda water came from a large bottle and they where having problems all the time with flat soda they replaced the drink and served it with a can of soda water so if your drink comes with fountain soda and the taste is not to your satisfaction send it back Aussie

There's a difference for passengers already paid in full, like myself, who are getting this new package. We paid for the old package and agreed to its terms. There hasn't been any notification of these changes sent to booked passengers, I found out about it on this forum. Most will not review the beverage package pdf. and not know until on board. It will make some happy and some not, but bottom line we ( fully paid ) all agreed and should expect the old package or at least the old package with the $9 change with pay the the difference and nothing less. New package should be for passengers not paid in full, who can view the new package pdf and be aware of the coverage and have the choice to select what they want.

I have e-mailed Celebrity who sent me the new drinks list, I have replied pointing out that this is not the offer I purchased..... I am waiting for a reply.

On a positive note the Classic also includes everything in the Standard package, I will have to pay extra for my Baileys but still get my Pena Coladas[emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a difference for passengers already paid in full, like myself, who are getting this new package. We paid for the old package and agreed to its terms. There hasn't been any notification of these changes sent to booked passengers, I found out about it on this forum. Most will not review the beverage package pdf. and not know until on board. It will make some happy and some not, but bottom line we ( fully paid ) all agreed and should expect the old package or at least the old package with the $9 change with pay the the difference and nothing less. New package should be for passengers not paid in full, who can view the new package pdf and be aware of the coverage and have the choice to select what they want.

You have a point but it's not going to matter to them. Just like a year or two ago when they changed Aqua Class perks from daily delivery of bottled water to bottled water in your cabin on the first day. They change the amenities and you're stuck, unless you can & want to cancel. Wouldn't hurt for you to complain directly to them, though. I just wouldn't hold my breath for a different outcome.

That's it, I don't have an option to cancel without penalties. I'm not a lawyer but a class action lawsuit could put a stop to the cruise ship dictatorship. More to throttle they're take it or leave it, either way you pay rules. Any other sales agreement we'd be screaming blood murder to get less than what we paid for, so why do we need to settle for less with cruise lines.I would say, "same is good", "more is better", " less is a no, no" , but let me choose.

That's it, I don't have an option to cancel without penalties. I'm not a lawyer but a class action lawsuit could put a stop to the cruise ship dictatorship. More to throttle they're take it or leave it, either way you pay rules. Any other sales agreement we'd be screaming blood murder to get less than what we paid for, so why do we need to settle for less with cruise lines.I would say, "same is good", "more is better", " less is a no, no" , but let me choose.

You can't cancel your drink package?

TIL that a lot of people really care about canned soda opposed to can soda.

I don't mind the change and think it's a huge positive for me personally. If I get a soda at the movies or a restaurant it's always fountain and I don't seem to mind. I just don't get what all this fuss is about with the soda.

I understand being upset some liquors being moved from classic to premium, but this soda talk is hilarious to read.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I or you shouldn't need to cancel or change anything that you paid for. I met my obligation and paid for an agreement contract with Celebrity who now is changing what's in the agreement. Any change is a breach of the contract agreement. Celebrity solution should be old classic package with $9 cap and pay difference or back to classic package for PAID IN FULL passengers. That way they'll meet their obligations or enhanced it for those who've paid for the old package. May be that's happening, would need to to hear form recent passengers. It would be better if Celebrity stick their necks out and commit to their new change or announce a modified PAID PASSENGERS package. I don't care what I get, I would have agreed to this changes' but I just don't agree to the changes after I paid. What's to stop them from doing it on your next cruise? It needn't be beverages, could be internet, dining, etc. There's no telling of what you'll get till you get on board ? Not a good thought.

TIL that a lot of people really care about canned soda opposed to can soda.

I don't mind the change and think it's a huge positive for me personally. If I get a soda at the movies or a restaurant it's always fountain and I don't seem to mind. I just don't get what all this fuss is about with the soda.

I understand being upset some liquors being moved from classic to premium, but this soda talk is hilarious to read.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

You should read the hilarious soda talk again ;)

It is not really about canned soda or fountain soda (FYI I don't care either)...

Celebrity does not have most of the sodas on a fountain! So it is about getting a soda on the package as before or now having to pay for it! That's what the fuss is about ...