Classic Package Change

TommyD3

On board Equinox now. The price limits are the new ones. According to Celebrity's posting the new package was rolled out on this ship over a week ago.

What is the "new" premium package price limit? On Constellation it is still the same old $13.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Baileys used to be included in the classic package. When did that change?

When they upped the drink cost limit, they upped the cost of drinks. The Celebrity powers that BE givith with one hand and taketh away with the other.

That really socks it to the people with no package at all.

Let's hope X saw sense and have decided to keep the cans included in the Classic - perhaps all the negative replies both on here and FB have cleared their vision (bit like the new Edge infinite verandas - they now have a clear vision and they're leaving the 'future behind' :D).

Ha ha..great post!

We debarked Eclipse yesterday. Can sodas were consumed daily under our Classic Package. We were advised about the new changes...but there was some grandfathering in. People who ordered Amaretto were at first told it was not included and then allowed. My husband was told Jack Daniel's was not available under the Classic and then was told he could have it. Our cruise was the first one on Eclipse to have the change and it seemed the staff was trying to make the transition easy for people who didn't know about the change. No one ever said a word to me about the cans of soda...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hope grandfathering will be done for 90 days past April 2, the start date of the changes. That's the cutoff of penalty to cancel that passengers would have had they known of the changes. Most passengers won't know of the change till they board, some will agree and some won't. So far Baileys, Amaretto, canned soda are the most unpopular changes. If more are posted Celebrity may grandfather more or revise the change. Should have more posts of upgraded alcohols on classic moved to premium and give Celebrity an idea of the unfavorable changes. Maybe they'll listen, nothing to lose.

Not being able to get a drink package as a perk is something that has factored into my considerations about booking sailings categorized as "repositioning". I can't even imagine paying $10 for a Stella, or for that matter for a Baileys or Amaretto. So while it sucks for the Classic package holders to pay a small upcharge, the pax who elect to pay as they go are really getting hosed.

Just off the April 2nd Eclipse and was unaware of the changes! Both mum and I had the Classic package as a perk and I upgraded to Premium as soon as onboard. Both given canned soda frequently. Mum drank Baileys in the Sky Lounge, Martini Bar and I think Ensemble Lounge and was never given a slip to sign. I love the convenience of not signing and Premium usually works for me but I do have to keep track of which bars have Domain Chandon and Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir - both included in Premium but not always available everywhere. I did notice though in Aqua Spa that if I had wanted the yoghurt desserts they were no longer included in the Premium Package - not worth paying for and I didn't think to ask if Smoothies were still included in the Premium package,

Wendy

Just off the April 2nd Eclipse and was unaware of the changes! Both mum and I had the Classic package as a perk and I upgraded to Premium as soon as onboard. Both given canned soda frequently. Mum drank Baileys in the Sky Lounge, Martini Bar and I think Ensemble Lounge and was never given a slip to sign. I love the convenience of not signing and Premium usually works for me but I do have to keep track of which bars have Domain Chandon and Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir - both included in Premium but not always available everywhere. I did notice though in Aqua Spa that if I had wanted the yoghurt desserts they were no longer included in the Premium Package - not worth paying for and I didn't think to ask if Smoothies were still included in the Premium package,

Wendy

So what else is no longer included in the Premium?:(

(I guess "everything up to $13 " no longer applies! ) :mad:

We were on the reflection in march and this was already running, smoothies Guinness and Bacardi oak heart are now premium it was so frustrating finding out what I could have since menus only have a few drinks on them and we were not prepared to each pay the upgrade for the odd premium drink

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the reflection in march and this was already running, smoothies Guinness and Bacardi oak heart are now premium it was so frustrating finding out what I could have since menus only have a few drinks on them and we were not prepared to each pay the upgrade for the odd premium drink

Thanks for the update. Can I ask by 'smoothies' do you mean blended drinks using ice? I hope not as my OH doesn't drink alcohol but enjoys virgin blended drinks. Surely some ice and some Island Oasis flavouring has to be within the Classic Package perk? That's like 50p of flavouring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kevin

We are just down the road in scarbados

It was the health bar smoothies that are now premium, iced drinks like pina colada are not premium

My mum certainly had virgin piña coladas last week on Eclipse at the pool bar and Sunset bar if that helps Kevin.

Wendy

Thanks both, phew that's a relief. Blended yoghurt and fruit or nuts a Premium drink. They will be selling even less of them now.

Scarbados, love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good question. I'd like to know, too.:)

Haven't got to the end of the pages yet, but Prosecco is still on the Classic package and also managed to get cans of Coke on the package. Paid $1.18 extra for things such as Aperol Spritz, Patron XO, Aspen coffee, Barcadi 8.

I don't think this would benefit me. Last Christmas i upgraded to the premium package because of the wines available on the classic were not to my liking. Add a few coffees and some martinis or premium drinks , I think the upgrade is worth it for me.

I will be pleased to find out how this works for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not see peach schnapps listed on any of the included liquor lists. I enjoy peach schnapps and OJ and I have the classic alcohol package. Does anyone know if it's included?

I don't actually know, but I can't imagine that would be classified as premium.

I don't actually know, but I can't imagine that would be classified as premium.

I couldn't imagine it either, but the Peroni and Stella are $10 on the ship which is beyond stupid. Hell, they're only $8 at the Ritz Carlton on South Beach. Which is classier than Celebrity ships. I'm beyond flabbergasted. The good news is that wine is the costliest for them, so I'll just wander from bar to bar ordering wine in the package, having a sip and leaving it at the next bar. Which, I'll admit is stupid. But stupid is as stupid does... Sadly, this is not the Celebrity I used to enjoy. :mad:

Given the old beer limit was $6 and now it's $9, that's quite a bold move. Almost seems too good to be true when most of the time Celebrity seem to be trimming products.

Stuart

Based on the fact that you can't get beers like anchor steam in the classic passage, they beer limit must not have increased to $9. It only clearly states the $9 for wine and cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I couldn't imagine it either, but the Peroni and Stella are $10 on the ship which is beyond stupid. Hell, they're only $8 at the Ritz Carlton on South Beach. Which is classier than Celebrity ships. I'm beyond flabbergasted. The good news is that wine is the costliest for them, so I'll just wander from bar to bar ordering wine in the package, having a sip and leaving it at the next bar. Which, I'll admit is stupid. But stupid is as stupid does... Sadly, this is not the Celebrity I used to enjoy. :mad:

like_zpsrluxz4ap.jpg