CL/DL/SL and now PCL

I have seen or heard of concerige lounge, diamond lounge, suite lounge and read all the debates about them but now I saw a new lounge I have never seen before. It is Pinnacle Club lounge . I am on explorer at the moment and the connoisseur club has been converted to a lounge for pinnacles. Has this been rolled out to other ships or is it only set up when there is a high number of pinnacles onboard. If this is a new perk. It is a signal that I need to cruise more as the existing lounges then to get crowded on trans oceanic crossings.

Considering how little use the connoisseur club gets, it might make sense to throw the Ps a bone that way. 11 P's on board the last sailing of Navigator and no such change on that ship/sailing.

Biker, who peeked into that club and can see how it would make sense to give it to Ps - after a good cleaning to get the smell out.

Considering how little use the connoisseur club gets, it might make sense to throw the Ps a bone that way. 11 P's on board the last sailing of Navigator and no such change on that ship/sailing.

Biker, who peeked into that club and can see how it would make sense to give it to Ps - after a good cleaning to get the smell out.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Got an empty space, why not use it - it also frees up space in the other lounges.

There are 497 Diamonds, 325 Diamond +, 48 Pinnacles on Explorer at the moment.

I just asked that question yesterday.:)

I have seen this done before, when there are large numbers.

When I was on EX last month, for 21 days, this was not done.

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Aussie Frequent Floaters

We;ll be on the same sailing this time next year. How have they managed the lounges with such a large number?

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Wow...no wonder they had to open that P lounge. That's a lot of top tier!

Typically heavy top tier on those 10/11 night Serenade cruises also, had the entire Viking Crown

lounge as a Diamond Lounge. Packed every night.

I can only imagine that more changes "could" be coming ---

That being said, I wonder if the suite lounge would become just that and then another benefit that the Pinnacles have earned would be taken away.......

I do hope it was because a large number of the Loyal Royals were on this sailing and not new changes.

Safe travels

I can only imagine that more changes "could" be coming ---

That being said, I wonder if the suite lounge would become just that and then another benefit that the Pinnacles have earned would be taken away.......

I do hope it was because a large number of the Loyal Royals were on this sailing and not new changes.

Safe travels

Yup....could happen.

We D+ have already been kicked back to the DL since implementation of the SL on some ships. Unless we cough up $$$ for a GS and above of course. :p

Remember when D's were kicked out of the CL on all ships? :o

The diamond happy hour is in the star lounge on deck 5 from 5-8:30. The concierge lounge stays put for happy hour. On boarding day it will be 6:15-9 if muster drill takes place at 5. The pinnacle club sign looks permanent. Wonder what would happen on a 7 day Alaska cruise for example if there was 1 or 2 p onboard.. I have noticed some pinnacles seem to prefer the do or cl to socialize

Yup....could happen.

We D+ have already been kicked back to the DL since implementation of the SL on some ships. Unless we cough up $$$ for a GS and above of course. :p

Remember when D's were kicked out of the CL on all ships? :o

I remember when the D's were first invited into the the CL. Way before the D+ and P was even a glimmer in Adam's or Richard's eyes. The lounges were very small and only staffed with the CL who served the drinks, cleaned the tables and whatever else need done. Not many suites make in those days and a D was a celebrity. Giving away free snacks and food has sure gotten alot more complicated.

I suspect this is only a temporary accomodation. The deck plans still show the Connoisseur Club.

I remember when the D's were first invited into the the CL. Way before the D+ and P was even a glimmer in Adam's or Richard's eyes. The lounges were very small and only staffed with the CL who served the drinks, cleaned the tables and whatever else need done. Not many suites make in those days and a D was a celebrity. Giving away free snacks and food has sure gotten alot more complicated.

I suspect this is only a temporary accomodation. The deck plans still show the Connoisseur Club.

It seems to make a whole lot of sense to set up each sailing according to how many P, D+, Ds are going to be on board. I remember a lot of set up on Freedom in the card lounges at the other side of the ship from the DL up in the VCL deck.

Lots of us baby boomer retirees are helping to fill the top tier levels....happy club! ;)

We've started cruising much too late in life to ever achieve any of those status marks, but I'd still like to know what the difference in the lounges are. What does one get over the other?

There's no difference between the perks offered by CL and DL, just who has access.

The Suite Lounge on Oasis class adds free soda and selected wines and beers from 11am to 11pm.

There's no difference between the perks offered by CL and DL, just who has access.

The Suite Lounge on Oasis class adds free soda and selected wines and beers from 11am to 11pm.

I think the concierge in the CL can do more.

He/she has the key to bypass all the floors on the ship to deck 1 to get off the ship.

Also no waiting in line for self-departure, wait in CL then when ship is cleared, zip zip, you are one of the first off.

Can the concierge in the DL fix incorrect sea pass charges without going to guest services?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've started cruising much too late in life to ever achieve any of those status marks, but I'd still like to know what the difference in the lounges are. What does one get over the other?

For me, it's the choice to use either the CL or DL that I enjoy. If one is more crowded than

they other...we go to that other one.

But the best part....if the coffee machine is broken in one, I go to the other one. :D:cool: