Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

I'm spotting Wonder of the Seas' differences from her first four sisters.
At least I hope I am... I've had three Canada Day beers when posting this. Ya, I'm a lightweight. 😳

20200701_153437.thumb.jpg.c4a799e4ea6c54ded77d43d643785102.jpg

20200701_153630.thumb.jpg.5d993e04fa12976ab8fd1dc30f9fec48.jpg

20200701_153938.thumb.jpg.b5f3f804c401e32cb9c66a35307ee8df.jpg

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Is this a test?  What differences? 😇

The four sister ships:

20200701_173701.jpg.754f5181eca90c2470d9b018160b2d66.jpg

Boardwalk cabins go up to, and include deck 14. It appears from the rendering as if a venue(s?) replace(s) the Boardwalk deck 14 cabins. We need deck plans to confirm:

20200701_173859.jpg.43c994794f4cb5e60c1d607910d97240.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Wonder will be sailing year round from China. 

Just living in hope.

I was told by the officer’s at a suite party last season it would be coming to Brisbane when the private island was to open.But that was another world away.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Just living in hope.

I was told by the officer’s at a suite party last season it would be coming to Brisbane when the private island was to open.But that was another world away.

There's still many hurdles to overcome for that to happen, and that's just for a world without covid. I think its safe to say those plans are probably up in the air right now.

3 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

There's still many hurdles to overcome for that to happen, and that's just for a world without covid. I think its safe to say those plans are probably up in the air right now.

That was another world.

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

And New Zealand??

Who knows what the future holds?  Royal has sorted hinted at Oasis class in Oz.  You never know.  Year round cruises in Oz can include chilly water in places and while Royal does not stay in Oz all year right now, who knows what the future holds?  Even if that future is now pushed out a little farther than it was pre-CV19.   

Edited by twangster

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Who knows what the future holds?  Royal has sorted hinted at Oasis class in Oz.  You never know.  Year round cruises in Oz can include chilly water in places and while Royal does not stay in Oz all year right now, who knows what the future holds?  Even if that future is now pushed out a little farther than it was pre-CV19.   

You're probably looking at the timeline of when Oasis 6 comes into service, when royal can spare an oasis class to serve the major global market ports. I have no doubt too that Oz will see one, but infrastructure and availability of these ships are scarce at the moment. 

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That rendering makes it look there's little chance of the stack being lowered for places like Cape Liberty.

This ship is not built for the NA market anyways. It makes sense for it to sail elsewhere in its entire lifetime, with her 4 sisters already taking turns sailing NA and Europe.

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

It makes sense for it to sail elsewhere in its entire lifetime

As the current shutdown has shown, the cruiselines will need flexibility - you could have a shutdown of cruising from China so you'd want your ship be able to sail in other markets. There may have been a few Asia/China specific mods, but doubt RCI never plans to sail here anywhere else in the next 30 years. Spectrum was also marketed/made specific for the China market and while they were not revenue sailings, I'm sure the first responders down under didn't mind her a few months ago.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As the current shutdown has shown, the cruiselines will need flexibility - you could have a shutdown of cruising from China so you'd want your ship be able to sail in other markets. There may have been a few Asia/China specific mods, but doubt RCI never plans to sail here anywhere else in the next 30 years. Spectrum was also marketed/made specific for the China market and while they were not revenue sailings, I'm sure the first responders down under didn't mind her a few months ago.

THe main difference with Wonder compared to the other Oasis Class Ships is that it has more indoor areas, hence can be also used on itinararies with colder weather. Concerning the specifications, whch mainly include venues to match Chinese demands, these can be easily changed during dry dock and within one month work part of a regular dry dock the ship would be fit to sail in other markets.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, Lloyd555 said:

The four sister ships:

20200701_173701.jpg.754f5181eca90c2470d9b018160b2d66.jpg

Boardwalk cabins go up to, and include deck 14. It appears from the rendering as if a venue(s?) replace(s) the Boardwalk deck 14 cabins. We need deck plans to confirm:

20200701_173859.jpg.43c994794f4cb5e60c1d607910d97240.jpg

I think what's happening is the Windjammer is being moved from 16 to 14.  This allows both 16 and 17 to be a separate suite area, similar to what Spectrum has.

• Like 1