Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to an Instagram video of Celebrity Infinity being back in Saint-Nazaire, France after 19 years to pick up some Celebrity Apex crew, we got some screen grabs of Wonder of the Seas.  😊

20200521_064750.thumb.jpg.f8b3326e2a0693b3ef98d9e3db100779.jpg

20200521_064715.thumb.jpg.185428891a83305177cb7931edeee56c.jpg

20200521_064838.thumb.jpg.0eef494984d628082cf9d7da29c454ba.jpg

Shared by Oskar Nilsen Osmundsen

Seen from Celebrity Infinity 20.05.20
Seafarers Adventure posted on their facebook page without soucre so sadly I dont have the photographers name.

FB_IMG_1590231506603.jpg.5ffa6fc39e07235fe0e3d89cc994528f.jpg

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That doesn't seem to jive with initial renderings which made it seem like they were getting rid of the high diving platforms:

Perhaps the new structure with the lighting is being installed then behind the diving platform. Looking back at some of the photos from Lloyd, that new structure is being built and in the yard. So looking at the ship from the aft, one may not see the diving platform but rather the cool looking structure. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

The back structure with the lights possibly changing colours every now and then would look awesome from far and near!

It looks like a concave shaped screen to me - I wonder if it will be an updated variation of the idea that led to the Two70 extravaganza

It may even be an outdoor theatre with no diving pool - Very exciting

Whatever it is, it will be a major reveal, and yet another step forward in cruise entertainment that will allow for an area to be used constantly, rather than just a few times each week

5 hours ago, compman9 said:

It looks like a concave shaped screen to me - I wonder if it will be an updated variation of the idea that led to the Two70 extravaganza

It may even be an outdoor theatre with no diving pool - Very exciting

Whatever it is, it will be a major reveal, and yet another step forward in cruise entertainment that will allow for an area to be used constantly, rather than just a few times each week

Another view of the screen. 

20200527_074059.jpg.42e5667d4e90019f617e2d3e51629273.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well once again the newest creative stuff will head away from USA market and over to Asian market.  Just swell

Spectrum of the seas went there.  However, NCL Joy went and then pulled back.  Ovation was also pulled and updated too

I think the lighting area will look cool.  Not sure why a change was necessary from the original blueprint and now it makes folks wonder ( no pun intended) about changes to the other 4 ships down the road.

15 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well once again the newest creative stuff will head away from USA market and over to Asian market.  Just swell

Spectrum of the seas went there.  However, NCL Joy went and then pulled back.  Ovation was also pulled and updated too

I think the lighting area will look cool.  Not sure why a change was necessary from the original blueprint and now it makes folks wonder ( no pun intended) about changes to the other 4 ships down the road.

Asia is a large market and growing.  The Wonder is not a new design, but it is designed for the Asian Market.  So entertainment is designed around the market.  That's how you sell tickets.

Shared by Adam Crown on FB...

The front end of the Boardwalk opening (second photo) on deck 15 appears to be rounded, unlike sister-ships (see deck plan image).

1486217352_AngajariNaval1.thumb.jpg.2bc2da5406cd89c4b488fdbda7451413.jpg

225249949_AngajariNaval2.thumb.jpg.01308d0032926cfaf876b6755a192a8c.jpg

1161821977_changetodeck15.jpg.0cb8a8fabe6177db36174cf2a8b79012.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

36 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, are there going to be two flowriders?  I was thinking this ship was only going to have 1????

If so, when are they going to be selling passage?

jc

That image was for an existing OA class ship that Lloyd was using to show hoW the end of the BW was square and the new one On Wonder  in picture 2 is rounded.

Wonder  will just have the one flowrider. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1