Here is what we stuffed into the $20 laundry bag

MissJammin

Before our trip we wondered just how much could be stuffed into the laundry bag, so attached is our laundry/cleaning list for one of the $20 bags for any future cruisers that are wondering the same question:

2 jeans

6 polo/t-shirts

6 undershorts

1 brassiere

2 pars of socks

2 shorts

681834837_Laundrylist.jpg.091ffa3addc20ca8c36284ed2ec1c864.jpg

Before our trip we wondered just how much could be stuffed into the laundry bag, so attached is our laundry/cleaning list for one of the $20 bags for any future cruisers that are wondering the same question:

2 jeans

6 polo/t-shirts

6 undershorts

1 brassiere

2 pars of socks

2 shorts

Thank you for sharing this! It is most helpful. Was your bag really stuffed or could you have fit any more in it? Maybe more socks/underwear perhaps? We are on Zuiderdam next month in the Baltic and it is supposedly $30 in Europe for the bag. It is something I'm considering so I don't have to pack 13 days worth of clothes.

Oh yeah..... HAL must hate my wife and I. Every time we put out that bag it is STUFFED to the limit (And most probably far beyond it's limit.) At least a couple times as had to regroup and ask for a new bag as we burst the seams of the one they left us... Amazing what you can fit in there!

You did well, but I'm pretty sure we've got you beat. After 9 days in Barcelona, we boarded the ship and here's what we managed to squeeze in the blue cloth bag (by rolling so tight they squeeked):

2 pr jeans

2 long sleeve shirts

9 polo / t shirts

11 pr underwear

9 pr socks

1 pr pajamas

for a grand total of 44 pieces.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The bags definitely hold more than they look like they will. I've gotten three pairs of jeans, 8 or 9 t-shirts, 10-12 pair of socks, 8 or 9 pair of underwear, and two pair of pajamas in one.

I think laundry-by-the-bag is the best deal HAL has onboard, especially if you are a really good stuffer. With unlimited laundry, I tend not to cram as much in the bag, but if I'm paying for it, I'm filling the bag.

We use this service on a few different cruise lines. Several have a variant of it. It is quite amazing how much one can stuff into these bags.

This is one of the things that enables us to travel with carry on only. We do the same on land travel.

The bags definitely hold more than they look like they will. I've gotten three pairs of jeans, 8 or 9 t-shirts, 10-12 pair of socks, 8 or 9 pair of underwear, and two pair of pajamas in one.

I think laundry-by-the-bag is the best deal HAL has onboard, especially if you are a really good stuffer. With unlimited laundry, I tend not to cram as much in the bag, but if I'm paying for it, I'm filling the bag.

I much prefer this to the $7 per day offer; at that price I'm better off throwing my (less than valuable) clothes away and buying replacements at good will upon my return. :hearteyes:

I much prefer this to the $7 per day offer; at that price I'm better off throwing my (less than valuable) clothes away and buying replacements at good will upon my return. :hearteyes:

I agree. Before we became 4-star and got free laundry, it made much more sense to do by the bag than unlimited. You can get a lot more in those bags than people realize.

You did well, but I'm pretty sure we've got you beat. After 9 days in Barcelona, we boarded the ship and here's what we managed to squeeze in the blue cloth bag (by rolling so tight they squeeked):

2 pr jeans

2 long sleeve shirts

9 polo / t shirts

11 pr underwear

9 pr socks

1 pr pajamas

for a grand total of 44 pieces.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

WOW!! Now THIS is amazing.

I am not sure I'll NEED to have that much cleaned in order to wear during the trip but I may stuff as much as possible and come home with a few items already laundered! haha.

I assume the bags are cloth rather than paper? I've seen paper bags [must have been on another line] in the past and always thought it would tear if stuffed too much. Cloth bags are much better for stuffing! haha

WOW!! Now THIS is amazing.

I am not sure I'll NEED to have that much cleaned in order to wear during the trip but I may stuff as much as possible and come home with a few items already laundered! haha.

I assume the bags are cloth rather than paper? I've seen paper bags [must have been on another line] in the past and always thought it would tear if stuffed too much. Cloth bags are much better for stuffing! haha

Yes cloth. Celebrity has paper. Always afraid I'll tear it. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I once suggested to a cruise director that "laundry bag stuffing" would make a great game for passengers. Everyone loves to stuff the dickens out of those bags and they are certain they are the best.

My DH is a champion laundry bag stuffer -- the laundry crew must cringe when they unload our bag...:D

I'm guessing they cringe when unloading ANY dirty laundry! I worked in a commercial laundry several years ago. The sorters wore full aprons, heavy elbow length rubber gloves and full face shields.

Sure, everything fits. Even though people say that they use hot water and dryers, I have never had something come back shrunk or ruined from HAL laundry.

I usually only put in jeans, shorts, and underwear. Nothing too delicate. They are pretty hard on the clothes in my experience. Definitely clean though.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I had to share what DH and I were able to squish into the laundry bag on Zuiderdam last month. I also wanted to note that it was still only $20 [not $30] even though we were sailing in Europe. Perhaps HAL has made all ships prices in line with each other. We would have done it for $30 but at $20 it's really a no-brainer!

5 long-sleeve button-up shirts

1 pair of shorts

7 t-shirts

1 polo shirt

6 undershorts

2 handkerchiefs

7 pairs of socks

Certainly not a record I'm sure but still pretty good. I found, as others states, that rolling the items definitely helps stuff more in. The bag felt like a wrecking ball but it still closed to within 3 inches at the top.

I usually only put in jeans, shorts, and underwear. Nothing too delicate. They are pretty hard on the clothes in my experience. Definitely clean though.

This is my concern; I can't see putting in dress shirts, or shrinkables (other than older jeans); is doing hand wash of delicates viable In a standard bathroom?

Sure, everything fits. Even though people say that they use hot water and dryers, I have never had something come back shrunk or ruined from HAL laundry.

I've had the same experience. Everything beautifully ironed/pressed and small items nicely folded. Nothing shrunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 jeans

6 polo/t-shirts

6 undershorts

1 brassiere

2 pars of socks

2 shorts

Some lines of bags made of some type of paper. You can't stuff them as much. When I am done stuffing a laundry bag, you could use it as a lethal weapon.

DON

This is my concern; I can't see putting in dress shirts, or shrinkables (other than older jeans); is doing hand wash of delicates viable In a standard bathroom?

DH's dress shirts, all kinds of good clothes get sent to laundry and we have been fine.

I think some worries are for naught. I just mark the clothes that need to be in cold as cold with a circle and put a note on the special instructions. Never had a problem.

You can certainly hand wash delicates in the bathroom and there is a line you can extend in the shower to dry clothes.