Goodbye to best Southern Caribbean 14,day Itinerary!

luv4cruises

On 5/26/2017 at 8:42 PM, luv4cruises said:
EatonDoolittle said:
Since you also cruise with Princess, perhaps you are already aware, but they do have a true 14 day now. To other comments about declining popularity of a 14 day, I can report that it was immensely popular when first released, and has increased significantly in price since then, so I assume it continues to be popular .

Granted, the Caribbean Princess is a poor substitute for the Eclipse, but if the 14 days is important to you, have a look.[/q

The 14 day is new to Princess this yesr.

I would be fine if it were on the Royal or Regal - but the Caribbean Princess is as you say a poor substitute for the Eclipse. Odd that Princess would introduce a true 14!day just as Celebrity is discontinuing it.

We were on a true 14 Day on Caribbean Princess (Circle Caribbean)  in January 2018 and liked it so much we'll be doing it again in January 2019.  

Ft. Lauderdale - AtSea - AtSea - St. Thomas - St. Kitts - Antigua - Martinique - Barbados - Trinidad - AtSea - Curacao - Aruba - AtSea - AtSea - Ft. Lauderdale

Caribbean Princess is still a very nice ship ... only have good things to say about her.  :classic_cool:

30 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

We were on a true 14 Day on Caribbean Princess (Circle Caribbean)  in January 2018 and liked it so much we'll be doing it again in January 2019.  

Ft. Lauderdale - AtSea - AtSea - St. Thomas - St. Kitts - Antigua - Martinique - Barbados - Trinidad - AtSea - Curacao - Aruba - AtSea - AtSea - Ft. Lauderdale

Caribbean Princess is still a very nice ship ... only have good things to say about her.  :classic_cool:

LuLu I agree. I took the same 14 day last March and loved it. 

I have a 21 day B2B on X this winter, as well as one in 2020, so I won't be back to Princess again right away,   but I'm seriously hoping  they release the 14 day again for winter 2021.  I'm  fine with the same itinerary, even, and enjoyed the ship and my huge balcony. 

So many complain about Trinidad and Martinique, I don't know why. I love the seldom visited ports. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

For those 14 night itinerary lovers that have not heard: earlier this month Celebrity quietly added a 14 night S Caribbean trip to Silhouette's schedule.  She sails out of Ft Lauderdale on Jan 31 2020 and visits St Croix, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao.   There are 6 sea days as well which is one more than the classic 14 night itinerary.

The change was a direct result of moving her Revolution makeover dry dock finish date back a week which resulted in the cancellation of two sailings and the addition of this 14 night cruise.  This also means that this sailing will be her first post-Revolution cruise which is great if they finish it on time, but bad if they don't.  

Jan 31 2020 Silhouette Itinerary.JPG

Thank you for the heads up. I called Celebrity to book within minutes of reading your post :) We did book the 12 NT on April 5, 2020 a year ago and didn't think to check other sailing/dates.

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

For those 14 night itinerary lovers that have not heard: earlier this month Celebrity quietly added a 14 night S Caribbean trip to Silhouette's schedule.  She sails out of Ft Lauderdale on Jan 31 2020 and visits St Croix, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao.   There are 6 sea days as well which is one more than the classic 14 night itinerary.

The change was a direct result of moving her Revolution makeover dry dock finish date back a week which resulted in the cancellation of two sailings and the addition of this 14 night cruise.  This also means that this sailing will be her first post-Revolution cruise which is great if they finish it on time, but bad if they don't.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I am on my first 14 night cruise this December.  I booked my first suite on Celebrity with this 2020 cruise.  The prices seemed reasonable for a 2 week cruise.  Hope I can manage to take that much vacation time.  We’re still working.

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Thanks for this, booked within an hour of your info.😀👍

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I also booked tonight.  It looks like it is selling well.

I wish I would of saw this post earlier.  I booked my first suite and they didn't have any S1's and all the S2's are on deck 12 right below the cafe.  I hope it's not too noisy.  Also, maybe there will be some cancellations along the way.

Also, I'm on the Reflection on Dec 7th and if the prices don't go up and the S2's are still available, I would like to book onboard to get the additional OBC.  

On 5/29/2017 at 11:09 PM, villauk said:

7 days just isn't worth the airfare.

Just come back from a 7-day cruise out of Puerto Rico (plus 2 nights in Old San Juan ahead of the cruise). Wish it could have been longer, but the price for that particular cruise was too good. Totally worth the airfare and the 24 hours it took to get there door to door.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, mahdnc said:

Thank you for posting this itinerary change. I was on the 2/2/2020  that this replaced and would not have known about it if you hadn't posted. My TA and Celebrity somehow failed to notify me of the change. I'm not exactly sure what happened but the price for my exact same cabin was cheaper and I received an additional $250 OBC.

2 hours ago, CHUCKIE50 said:

Thank you for posting this itinerary change. I was on the 2/2/2020  that this replaced and would not have known about it if you hadn't posted. My TA and Celebrity somehow failed to notify me of the change. I'm not exactly sure what happened but the price for my exact same cabin was cheaper and I received an additional $250 OBC.

You (and all the others) are welcome.  There is someone on our Jan 4 2019 Reflection cruise (it used to be the "last" 14 night S Carib sailing) that had the same experience as you.  She was booked on the Feb 2 2020 cruise and did not get any notification.  Like you, she was able to rebook on the Jan 31 Silhouette cruise at a cheaper rate with OBC.  I am glad it worked out.

1 hour ago, Arno. said:

Well I'm thanking you again.

Aww, well I knew what you meant.  I just laughed when I saw what it looked like.  I look forward to meeting you on the Jan 4 Reflection cruise.  In the mean time, have a great cruise next week (and the week after, and the week after that, and the.....)

Edited by mahdnc

It makes me really sad that the longer itineraries are disappearing, especially the southern ones. Although we are in our 40s, we like the longer itineraries, especially at the holidays. Last year we took our first B2B, a four-day and eleven-day to stretch out the cruise but I really hated the disruption of turnaround day and the short cruise was too much of a partyish booze-cruise for my liking. 

It probably means that we will branch out to other lines to try to find a longer trip in the future.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:00 PM, CHUCKIE50 said:

All of the notifications came through TA's unless Celebrity held the booking. It happened to several others on our 2/2/20 sailing. Thankfully our big box TA (C***o) sent an email to us, unfortunately it was 5 hours later before I saw it and our cabin was already taken. A little bummed since it is the 1st leg of a b2b and we will have to change cabins but that's a third world problem.

On 5/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, WonderMan3 said:

We've done the 14 night Eclipse 4 times since 2014. With it going away for 2019 we switched over to the 12 night Summit out of Puerto Rico as it visits 10 islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great idea. Puerto Rico is further south for the better weather.

Celebrity is still doing 14 night cruises. They just happen to not be in the Caribbean. We have done 2 cruises on Millie in Asia and they were both 14 nights.

38 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Great idea. Puerto Rico is further south for the better weather.

Celebrity is still doing 14 night cruises. They just happen to not be in the Caribbean. We have done 2 cruises on Millie in Asia and they were both 14 nights.

I was referencing the Caribbean cruises as that is what this topic was about.

Just dropping in:

There are some folks here that are also booked on the  new 14 night Silhouette 1/31/20 sailing that replaces the cancelled 2/2/20 cruise.  I successfully upgraded to a premium beverage package about an hour ago.  It was 115.64 (30% off).  Dining, excursions etc are all loaded now and functioning.  The sale ends today.  They fixed the glitch just in time.

Mary

The 2020/21 Caribbean sailings have been released today. No 14 nighters among them....

Equinox does alternating 9 and 12 night cruises while Reflection does 10 and 11 night Caribbean sailings. 

Edited by mahdnc