How many days do you "rock" after your cruise?

I remember feeling the sensation for a couple of days after our first cruise back in '91, but didn't feel it at all after any of the recent cruises we've taken. I do sometimes notice it for a few hours after spending the day at the lake, bobbing around on the pontoon boat.

Used to take a week or so. Sadly, it does not happen anymore except after transatlantic cruises.

I thought this was an interesting topic, I too did this after our first 7 day cruise which had some high seas, but have not experienced it since. Wasn't sure if it was being used to cruising or just calm seas.

Edited by BillOh

Used to take a week or so. Sadly, it does not happen anymore except after transatlantic cruises.

I typically get get 5-7 days of the post cruise motion. Oddly we did our first TA this last October (15N) and I had little to no post cruise sway. Go figure.

I usually have the "in the shower sway" for a week or 2; maybe I should take up singing in the shower as well!!:eek: Or could it just be the body's way of urging you to "book another cruise!!";p

I leave my transderm patch on for a few days after my cruise to hope w/ the rocking, but more importantly, the vertigo.

I found the rocking very interesting after our 35-day double TA. I got on the airplane, and had no problem walking to the restroom. Usually, I'm clutching the seats to keep from falling.

Been cruising for 40 years have not had rocking in last 30

I agree. Modern ship stabilizers are just too darn efficient. 40 years ago you really noticed it when you got off the ship, but today even the smaller ships have good stabilizers. I kind of miss the wobbly legs.

Next we hope to try a tall ship. I am hoping that will give me more of the motion that I miss. There's nothing like the rocking of a ship to lull you to sleep. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I experienced this for about 2 weeks after our first cruise in 1999 but now I never notice it at all.:D Even after our TA's, there's been nothing. No sea sickness either, even in rough seas.:D

Sherri:)

I was off the ship on Sunday and it is now Wednesday and I'm still rocking back and forth in my chair. :p

my last cruise was december. at times in shower if i close my eyes i rock

maybe its just old age

but for weeks after there would be times i rocked. not a bad feeling at all

I've only ever done 7 day cruises, and we're booked for our 9th cruise in a few months. Only once have I had an issue post cruise, about 3 or 4 cruises ago. I'd say it lasted a good two weeks for me, and it was not a cruise with rough seas or anything.

Funny! I thought I was the only person that 'rocked' post cruise! After my very first 7-day cruise, I rocked for a couple of days then it just went away. We were in a cabin across the aft so maybe we experienced more constant back and forth at that location. 25+ cruises and it's never happened again.....and we have been on some rough ones:)!!!

Seems the rougher the seas you experienced while cruising, the longer the rocking continues when returning home.

Also, seems folks who don't get seasick on the ship are more likely to have the "rocking" problem when returning home.

Probably some truth to both. :)