Please help stop the hoarding of daybeds in the solarium!!!😡

You can't have 12 daybeds with the 'no reservation needed' cruise mentality and expect everything to be just peachy. I say if stuff is in a chair...move the 'stuff' to another empty chair and sit down. Chairs are to be sat in not looked at. If someone comes back and says hey where's my stuff?, point to the empty chair you placed it in. If they don't like it, tell them there are plenty of other empty chairs, grab one. If I have a need to sit down and there is an empty chair, I'm sitting.

[emoji41] OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...but I hope to check out a covered lounger in the Solarium this December.

Do you mean the covered round chair as in OP's attached picture? Personally, I will never sit in one again. ;p Nasty stuff. Stains... smells... hot... and as described on this board a while back - yes, they are used for what you think they are used for. :o

Do you mean the covered round chair as in OP's attached picture? Personally, I will never sit in one again. ;p Nasty stuff. Stains... smells... hot... and as described on this board a while back - yes, they are used for what you think they are used for. :o

Used for what exactly?? On a ship with 6000 guests!?!

After reading this I will never sit in one again either. Gross.

Just move their stuff, that's what I would do. And if they came back within 10 minutes I would give them their spot back. Anything longer and I would tell them that those loungers aren't there for towels and books, and that the lounger was empty for at least 10 minutes (or more) and they need to find a new spot, maybe suggest one of the other loungers with towels and a single flip flop on them. I wouldn't feel badly or timid about that at all. No need to write letters, just move that **** and sit down.

One step closer to having to pay for these prime spots, just like on other lines.

Exactly what I was thinking..... Another revenue source for Royal as well. Kills 2 birds with one stone:rolleyes:

I find chair hogs agravating also but I have no problem moving their items to a different chair/spot at all.

It's not confrontational if said chair hogs returns tell them where their things are, if you know. Chances could be someone else moved items before you did!

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

Is is unfortunate that there are some cruise ship passengers who simply do what they do on land...think the world revolves around them and then proceed to walk around and do things under the "me...me...me" mantra. We live in a world where losers simply have no class and don't care. Sad but true.

In the old days, way back in the 1970's there was an actual attendant that greeted you at the pool and took you to a lounge chair.

It's clear the cruise lines don't want to pay another employee to handle this task. There has to be something they can do to stop people from grabbing five chairs at 4:00 am.

Jonathan

Nope hubby amd I will wait 40 min if the stuffs owner doesn't show up we ask the people around it, if they have not seen the owner either we move the stuff. If they come back hours later we simply say "chairs were empty when we got here " . Sure they get mad but hey....you're the one who left your stuff unattended for that long! We've only done it a few times on sea days when we could find no chairs after looking for quite some time. I'm always cold so I'm not going up 2-3 decks to find a seat in a windy area. We do sit on the edge of the pool and watch the clock and like i said if the owner of the book or sun screen or lol one flip flop on each seat doesn't come back in 40 min to an hour we move the stuff and sit. Usually we take it to the towel attendent or give it to an attendent.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Edited by toxicfairy

In the old days, way back in the 1970's there was an actual attendant that greeted you at the pool and took you to a lounge chair.

It's clear the cruise lines don't want to pay another employee to handle this task. There has to be something they can do to stop people from grabbing five chairs at 4:00 am.

Jonathan

They could start video-ing it an playing it on the abundant TV's above the pool. I did that, for fun, yea, my sense of fun;) on Adventure last cruise. I periscoped 2 people claming 8 chairs at 7am and walking away. Maybe on the Oasis class they could mount a camera up on the suite deck and zoom in on a pool chair that is empty and start a timer. When it hits 30 minutes, its fair game! :D

I know exactly what you are talking about and I won't even touch one of those things.

Such a simple solution here (in fact, one used by some premium/luxury lines when the occasional chair hogs make their way onboard):

At any time where available deck chairs (or daybeds) become scarce, pool attendants leave laminated cards with the time-of-day possible hoarding (stuff left but no people) was noticed by/reported to them. After 30 minutes of additional "no show" left items are removed.

Such a simple solution here (in fact, one used by some premium/luxury lines when the occasional chair hogs make their way onboard):

At any time where available deck chairs (or daybeds) become scarce, pool attendants leave laminated cards with the time-of-day possible hoarding (stuff left but no people) was noticed by/reported to them. After 30 minutes of additional "no show" left items are removed.

That's brilliant! Is there anything we can do to get this implemented on the Harmony?

That's brilliant! Is there anything we can do to get this implemented on the Harmony?

More "common sense" than "brilliant." However, it is much easier to accomplish with wide-ranging success when the passenger base is paying a premium in part to avoid all sorts of aberrant behaviors.

You could contact management at RCI but I wouldn't "hold my breath" on getting anything done.

Of course, you could also make your own laminated card and use a dry erase marker for time indication and do the policing yourself (I.e., report it to the pool attendant).

Chair hogs...ugh!!!

I try not to get upset on vacation. Just not worth it.

I do sometimes watch if it's hard to find a chair - I need shade for instance. I watch for 45 minutes or so while sitting on the edge of the pool or some other spot and read and watch. If no one shows up I ask the person adjacent if they know when the person occupying the chair is coming back. If they deny they haven't seen anyone or don't know them I simply move their things to a dry spot close by.

Last cruise in the solarium a man came looking for his book loudly. Two sets of people had come and gone from that chair he staked out as I had been there at least three hours. I hadn't touched his stuff but it had been moved before I had even arrived. The nerve of some people...

If we get two chairs together we don't go anywhere together, we get lunch and bring it back to our chairs one at a time. Or we give our chairs up and leave.