Room Service charge if you just order coffee?

Will you tip at Chops or Giovanni?

Will you tip for The N/C continental breakfast?

Will you give your dining room staff a little something extra at the end of the week?

Will you give your cabin steward a little something extra at end of the week?

All of those folks are part of a service charge or prepaid grats?

How is that different other than you are pissed at Royal?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

+1 ^

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will you tip at Chops or Giovanni?

Only if the service is well above the 20% tip I have already paid for.

Will you tip for The N/C continental breakfast?

Yes, $1 or $2 no matter what they bring.

Will you give your dining room staff a little something extra at the end of the week?

Will you give your cabin steward a little something extra at end of the week?

All of those folks are part of a service charge or prepaid grats?

The only one not part of prepaid gratuity is the room service.

A service charge is there to explicitly PAY for the service. You are not buying the food, you are paying someone to provide you the service of bringing it to you. If RC fails to pay part of that on to the room service staff, then that is the fault of RC.

A service charge is there to explicitly PAY for the service. You are not buying the food, you are paying someone to provide you the service of bringing it to you. If RC fails to pay part of that on to the room service staff, then that is the fault of RC.

The room service are great and I'm sure a couple of dollars is small change for most of us but they deserve it.

Chops and Giovanni staff do not share in the auto grats. Officially, your payment us a service charge, just like room service.

BTW, what 20% are you referring to?

Chops and Giovanni staff do not share in the auto grats. Officially, your payment us a service charge, just like room service.

BTW, what 20% are you referring to?

John, I understand that you pay the gratuity ahead for the non- ala carte restaurants? That is what happens on other lines at least but if not then they certainly would get a very nice tip.

The 20% is ~what you pay ahead for gratuity, I believe.

If you don't tip for food delivery, you might want to think twice about eating that food.

By the same rationale we should never pay a tip to anyone when visiting the US since the universal norm where we come from is to not pay tips for anything ever.

By the same rationale we should never pay a tip to anyone when visiting the US since the universal norm where we come from is to not pay tips for anything ever.

We are from the UK but always adhere to rules and traditions of the host country.

If someone in the service industry does anything for me i am happy to tip.

John, I understand that you pay the gratuity ahead for the non- ala carte restaurants? That is what happens on other lines at least but if not then they certainly would get a very nice tip.

The 20% is ~what you pay ahead for gratuity, I believe.

Most specialty restaurants have a service charge there are few that are truly ala carte. The service charge includes some gratuity. Bar bills and spa services include an automatic 18% gratuity. Some people add a tip on top of that.

Daily gratuity is around $14, a few bucks extra for those in suites. It is allocated to cabin staff, dining staff, and some behind the scenes crew. It is not a percentage. Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Most specialty restaurants have a service charge there are few that are truly ala carte. The service charge includes some gratuity. Bar bills and spa services include an automatic 18% gratuity. Some people add a tip on top of that.

Daily gratuity is around $14, a few bucks extra for those in suites. It is allocated to cabin staff, dining staff, and some behind the scenes crew. It is not a percentage. Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Well put.

The service in the specialty restaurants is always deserving of a good tip as is room service.

I thought it was "When in Rome"? Personally I try to follow the local rules. I find it works well.

Spoken like the truly warm and generous person I am sure you are. Hopefully karma will find the time to reward you in kind.

As for me, I've been lucky. The few dollars in tips will make no difference to me but it can make a difference to the crew. I'm happy to help.

Spoken like the truly warm and generous person I am sure you are. Hopefully karma will find the time to reward you in kind.

As for me, I've been lucky. The few dollars in tips will make no difference to me but it can make a difference to the crew. I'm happy to help.

My sentiments exactly.