Room Service charge if you just order coffee?

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't telling you I tip 7.95 on pizza, I was basically saying that the 7.95 for room service includes the tip so was asking you would you pay 7.95 tip for something small like ordering pizza from room service? I actually only tip a quid for pizza delivery as this is the UK and nobody ever tips more than 10% tip for anything.

No, I understood you perfectly. You misunderstood me. If you don't tip for food delivery, you might want to think twice about eating that food.

You can afford to go on a cruise, so you can afford to toss a buck or two to the room service delivery person. You used to do this, but, now, because corporate is charging you some money you are going to take it out on the delivery person. That's horrible.

No worries for me, I refuse to order room service since the implementation of the $7.95 fee. Not about the money, I can't get past having to pay the same fee whether you order 1 item or 12. New menu does look great though. Shame.

The total room service is over $8 with the tax added.

My breakfast fried eggs sunny side up were cooked perfectly​ as were the sausages and bacon,the breakfast is so much better than the scrambled egg beaters they used to serve before the charge.

The charge is $8.59 for breakfast room service.

That's horrible

Not horrible at all. They are still getting tipped out of the 7.95 I'm paying for room service. How much, we don't know. It could be $5, could be $2 but RCI says it includes tip so there you go. If you don't believe that they get the tip from that then you might as well not pre-pay gratuities because how do you know that they actually get paid those gratuities either? Don't know why people can't just agree to disagree on the matter of tipping. It's different in different countries so let's not keep going on about it.

Thats what i thought but we had breakfast room service 6 times on our Freedom cruise 4-11 June and this is what they charged on the receipt and bill.

Must be some sort of VAT tax. They would not charge that when cruising out of US ports.

Thats what i thought but we had breakfast room service 6 times on our Freedom cruise 4-11 June and this is what they charged on the receipt and bill.

Not doubting you but that doesn't sound right. The way I understood it the $7.95 included everything.

Well, upcharges include "tip" such as in the specialty restaurants. Now at $7.95 to deliver basic runny eggs, I would say the $7.95 would cover the tip. Many items include a "service charge" around the world, and generally speaking, when you see a service charge, you don't tip.

I don't believe up charges to room service meals on land based restaurants include a generous tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must be some sort of VAT tax. They would not charge that when cruising out of US ports.

Probably because we were going to European ports where vat is charged.

We were talking to an American couple and suggested they go to the desk on the royal promenade because they could claim the tax back on purchases on board.

Probably because we were going to European ports where vat is charged.

We were talking to an American couple and suggested they go to the desk on the royal promenade because they could claim the tax back on purchases on board.

Everything purchased on board has the vat added even the overcharge on drinks above the drinks package limits but non EU nationals can get a form from a desk on the Royal promenade to reclaim this VAT.

If RCI says the tipnis included why would you tip?

Thats like the people that tip on top of the 18% the total overkill:rolleyes:

Agree, a tip is not necessary. It's tough, though, for us North Americans not to tip above and beyond! Right or wrong it's just our culture.

How would I tip when I get the items ordered to be delivered before I get up? For example, if I order pastries delivered since I have an early morning excursion?

More info given this time. On other cruise lines, they would just leave the food/coffee by the door, will they not do that on RCL? I tend to order it so it arrives before I wake up.

How would I tip when I get the items ordered to be delivered before I get up? For example, if I order pastries delivered since I have an early morning excursion?

More info given this time. On other cruise lines, they would just leave the food/coffee by the door, will they not do that on RCL? I tend to order it so it arrives before I wake up.

No, they will not leave the food by the door. You can order the night before for morning delivery and they will call you when the order is on the way. You have to answer the door or they will just leave with the food.

If RCI says the tipnis included why would you tip?

Thats like the people that tip on top of the 18% the total overkill:rolleyes:

Technically the tip is included with the specialty restaurants but it is common to tip additional. Same thing here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app