Prohibited items to bring on ship

american gal

They do allow hair straighteners but no irons or kettles. Safety issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yet Celebrity Eclipse when sailing out of Southampton has kettles provided in staterooms because Brits are a nation of tea drinkers.

So I need a CPAP and was going to bring an extensioncord and multi strip to get ac power on the other side of the room; also powersome items like phones and cameras. Ihad read a thread some guy did about having cords and charging bricks confiscatedby security in Vancouver! So I calledthe "special needs" number to ask about what to do for the CPAP. Celebrity indeed told me I could not usemulti strips, multi outlets cubes or extension cords BUT they would be so kindas to provide me "special" extension cords and distilled water.

Youcan also use the little converter things that change the euro pin outlet to USso you will have us of the

Of COURSE you can! Lordy..women wouldn't cruise if they couldn't "do" their hair....I know I wouldn't! It has nothing to do with "safety"...it's all about $$$. They can charge for ironing...but women will not pay to have their hair done on a daily basis...or at all!

Of COURSE you can! Lordy..women wouldn't cruise if they couldn't "do" their hair....I know I wouldn't! It has nothing to do with "safety"...it's all about $$$. They can charge for ironing...but women will not pay to have their hair done on a daily basis...or at all!

I hear women talking about going and getting their hair blow out at the beauty salon. Why cant the salon on the ship do a blowout? Maybe the cruise ship could add a blowout bar on the ships. Some people on CC seem to have problems spending OBC.

I forget, can we bring a curling iron on the ship? :rolleyes:

Early June '17 I called Celebrity with several follow up questions about my upcoming Solstice Alaskan cruise I booked through them. I asked if I was allowed to bring a curling iron; she took a few minutes, came back to the call and said yes. (Hoping that was because she asked a "supervisor" for verification.)

Years ago they actually listed on the prohibited items that you could not bring hand grenades...They removed it a couple of years ago though.

Wait! They no longer ban hand grenades???? Too cool! Our next cruise is really gonna be a "blast"!:D

Wait! They no longer ban hand grenades???? Too cool! Our next cruise is really gonna be a "blast"!:D

It's been a few years, but once I saw a sign at the Fort Lauderdale airport saying it was incorrect to tell a passenger it was OK to have dynamite in their checked luggage.

Yet Celebrity Eclipse when sailing out of Southampton has kettles provided in staterooms because Brits are a nation of tea drinkers.

Yes they do, but they switch off automatically and are safety tested. They probably couldn't guarantee that if everyone brought their own.

What not to Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that are not allowed onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Personal Alcohol

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

What not to Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that are not allowed onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Personal Alcohol

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

I was looking for this list on the current Celebrity website but no longer see it. Instead, it refers you to the Guest Conduct Policy but when you follow the link to that, the PDF refers you back to a broken link on the website. :rolleyes:

Yes they do, but they switch off automatically and are safety tested. They probably couldn't guarantee that if everyone brought their own.

Yep, so if there are no safety issues I wonder why they can't offer them to those who ask for one on another sailings. I know I'll not be alone when I say I miss my brand of tea made my way when on holiday! :)

I have a hair straightner with bristles, it works and heats just like a flat iron. It was almost confiscated, they thought it was a clothes steamer. :confused:

So clothes steamers are not allowed? Was your straightener in your checked suitcase that they rummaged through?