Amex Booking Offer Returns July 5

geoherb

Notice this link posted over on the HAL boards: http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

"Get a $100 statement credit after you use your enrolled American Express® Card to spend $500 or more booking a cruise with Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard or Seabourn between July 5, 2017, and December 31, 2017."

Note the small print: (can't book with a travel agent)

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America Line at www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at www.princess.com or via phone 1-855-288-8083; (4) Cunard Line at www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (5) Seabourn Cruise Line at www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection Plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes gift cards. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. An "eligible Card" means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction may not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGUQ:0001

Note the small print: (can't book with a travel agent)

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17 with (1) Carnival Cruise Line at www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America Line at www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at www.princess.com or via phone 1-855-288-8083; (4) Cunard Line at www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (5) Seabourn Cruise Line at www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 7/5/17 and 12/31/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection Plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes gift cards. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. An "eligible Card" means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction may not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGUQ:0001

We used this last year on a cruise booked with our TA.

Hope we can do it again!

Isn't the (6) Travel Professional the same as a travel agent? It's a moot point for me as I don't have an Amex card, but I might be able to share this info with friends. Thanks!

You are correct. #6 Travel Professional = Travel Agent,

We used this last year on a cruise booked with our TA.

Hope we can do it again!

It does not say that you have to keep the booking made directly with Princess, so you can probably transfer it to your TA at some point.

I got the offer last time for our December cruise on the Caribbean. It's a nice little bonus for a cruise we were going to take even without it. Too bad it's not retroactive for our cruise next month on the CB. But we're planning on another December cruise, so I'll look at my American Express online to activate it.

During last promotion I made subsequent (not initial deposits) on existing bookings and got statement credits. Wonder if that's still the case. The last promo also said booked between X and Y dates. The reservation was made in advance, but payments were within the promo period.

During the last Amex promo, which ended 4/15/17, I paid off almost the whole balance on my upcoming October cruise using two Amex cards, Blue Cash and Blue Sky, each one in my name and one in my husbands name, getting $400 in statement credit. So worth it, even if I paid early.

Thanks for the info! I got the offer on our AMEX and was able to use it on both my and DH's cards to make payments on our upcoming HAL cruise. Hopefully I will be able to make one more payment on the HAL cruise and one on our 2018 sailing on the CB this time around! :cool:

My payments last time to HAL were done through a TA. We each got the statement credit with no problem. It showed up in my account online in 3 or 4 days.

Thanks for the info! I got the offer on our AMEX and was able to use it on both my and DH's cards to make payments on our upcoming HAL cruise. Hopefully I will be able to make one more payment on the HAL cruise and one on our 2018 sailing on the CB this time around! :cool:

My payments last time to HAL were done through a TA. We each got the statement credit with no problem. It showed up in my account online in 3 or 4 days.

I'm confused. I thought this offer didn't start until July 5th. Am I missing something?

I'm confused. I thought this offer didn't start until July 5th. Am I missing something?

I wondered the same thing.

Will check my Amex now.

Just checked - nothing yet.

Edited by chamima

Let's see if they will let you ADD this offer like they did last time or it is only for those with the offer already listed. I never get these offers through my Amex, hopefully they will allow you to add this like last time.

How were you able to ADD the offer - did you call American Express or was there another way?

I am sorry for any confusion I caused. I guess I was so excited to see this offer might be available again that I wasn't communicating very well. It seems that I neglected to mention that the offers I redeemed were from the last time it was available. The new offer has not shown up in my account for this go around yet.

During last promotion I made subsequent (not initial deposits) on existing bookings and got statement credits. Wonder if that's still the case. The last promo also said booked between X and Y dates. The reservation was made in advance, but payments were within the promo period.

That's what I am hoping