Best (and Worst) Job to have on a Celebrity Ship

johhnnyt

Worst would be the laundry, I imagine it to be in the very bottom of the ship, no portholes, hot & humid & you never see a guest.

Best- guest lecturers/instructors, don't have to know a lot about what you are talking about, get ashore on port days and maybe work 2 hours a day on sea days. Before I get flamed there are some guest speakers/ naturalists who are excellent, knowledgable and work very hard. I want the job where I show you how to do an abstract painting or string beads on a wire:D

Best job: I think first officer might be alright. You are high on the food chain, you get to drive the boat, you have some authority, but the cross hairs fall mostly on the Captain.

Worst job: Maintenance, plumbing, laundry, housekeeping in any form. The bottom of the ladder. =(

best - personal trainer. Would barely have to work as hardly anyone would request their services when the buffet is so close.

worst - doctor. poor pay, on call 24/7, don't have everything on hand, dealing with the morgue, collecting DNA w/ rape kits, dealing with norovirus diarrhea/vomit, entitled people demanding antibiotics or a MRI...

I'd choose scooping gelato as a desirable job.

I think the worst place to work is next to the mens' urinals. Pity the poor man with a sponge on a stick wiping up after the guys with poor aim.

Best job; pastry tester for Cafe al Bacio (what? It could happen).

Second best job; shusher in library (sit in chair and go ssshhhh - how easy is that?)

Worst job; realizing this is only a dream.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best job: Taste Test Supervisor in Murano

Worst Job: Hand Sanitizer Squirt Person at entrance to Oceanview Cafe (having to squirt those who try to get by you without getting squirted).

Best: Working in the ILounge. Short hours and it's rarely busy.

Worst: Customer 'Service' Desk. Everyone's complaining and you can't do much about it.

Eek, working in the ilounge would be at the bottom of my list! Hace you beard some of the questions they get asked every day? Or how about all the complaints about the lousy wifi? No thanks!! Lol

Future cruise maven would probably be my choice. Most are happy when going there!

Best job: Park West Art Auctioneer....limited hours with lots of happy interactions.

Worst job: Deckhand/Painter....that's a really tough job!

Fun thread!

You hit this one on the button. Not sure about your worst, but the art folks are some of the highest paid on the ship (in many cases they make as much as the captain) and they only work sea days to a great extent, on port days they can pretty much go anyplace they like. They are only responsible to the people they work for who are not on the ship.

The fact that they are selling a product which is a huge rip-off is inconsequential. They just have to learn to live with that.

Hmm. Gelato server? Nah. I couldn't handle all of the "what, I have to PAY for my ice cream?!?" comments.

Best: For me would be solo guitarist. Short gigs throughout the day playing music in great locales. Nice!

Worst: Guest Relations. It is amazing what they put up with.

You hit this one on the button. Not sure about your worst, but the art folks are some of the highest paid on the ship (in many cases they make as much as the captain) and they only work sea days to a great extent, on port days they can pretty much go anyplace they like. They are only responsible to the people they work for who are not on the ship.

The fact that they are selling a product which is a huge rip-off is inconsequential. They just have to learn to live with that.

You raise an excellent point! My other favorite job would be Sommelier in Cellar Masters....anyone for a nice Cabernet Sauvignon?

If you google Park West salaries it looks like managers make ~$35K a year, I can't see the the auctioneers on board base salary more than $30K plus a small piece of sales commensurate with team sales performance (at least that's what I can see from their employment ads)

A "position" usually isn't a single job. For example the Gelato server is also an Asst. Waiter and a Server in Al Bacio works the bars throughout the ship. They all work very long hours!

Best job for me: backstage work in any of the theaters

Best job for Mr Chew: just about anything in engineering

Worst job ... for Mr Chew, definitely laundry! For me, anything involving cleaning bathrooms ... ugh ...

A magic genie grants you a wish of staying onboard a Celebrity Cruise for FREE for a year. Bad news is you have to work onboard ship for a month to qualify for the priveledge, which job do you think would be the best to have????And the worst????

Doc.

- Joel