Wearing dress shorts in MDR on Adventure of the Seas

I see outfits like this all the time.

272238211.jpg

I have three teenage daughters, and this is pretty much what they wear to any nice event like dinner out, church, a dance that isn't prom or homecoming, etc., and yes, this is what they wore in the MDR last month on Adventure of the Seas! It is a nice clean, stylish, and non-offensive look. Not that anyone should really care what others are wearing anyway. Enjoy your vacation and mind your own business.

I have three teenage daughters, and this is pretty much what they wear to any nice event like dinner out, church, a dance that isn't prom or homecoming, etc., and yes, this is what they wore in the MDR last month on Adventure of the Seas! It is a nice clean, stylish, and non-offensive look. Not that anyone should really care what others are wearing anyway. Enjoy your vacation and mind your own business.

I agree totally it looks smart.

It is the vest tops and cheap shorts on men that doesn't look nice but TBH it never bothers us as we are well dressed every night and it is other people's choice what they want to wear.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The dress code states no shorts in MDR. On the last night of our cruise my nephew was asked to go change his nice docker shorts. He said all he had was like sweat pants to sleep in as in was packed to leave. They told him that would be ok. So he went and changed his shorts. If men wana to wear shorts or T-shirts go to the Windjammer thus try to maintain a small degree of class in the MDR.

Do they give you any flak for wearing shorts on non formal nights?

The dress code states no shorts in MDR. On the last night of our cruise my nephew was asked to go change his nice docker shorts. He said all he had was like sweat pants to sleep in as in was packed to leave. They told him that would be ok. So he went and changed his shorts. If men wana to wear shorts or T-shirts go to the Windjammer thus try to maintain a small degree of class in the MDR.

Exactly what is class?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious - how old is this nephew, and who is the "they" who asked him to change? This experience really sounds different from most.

#1 I own short shorts that cost as much as some dress pants!

#2 When someone pays for my vacation then and only than they can tell me how to dress.

#3 I try to go buy the rules but sometimes you just gotta be a little rebellious :evilsmile: !!!!!!!!!

#1 I own short shorts that cost as much as some dress pants!

#2 When someone pays for my vacation then and only than they can tell me how to dress.

#3 I try to go buy the rules but sometimes you just gotta be a little rebellious :evilsmile: !!!!!!!!!

Re:#1. Do you wear your Daisy Dukes when you eat in the MDR? Do you wear them with high heels? Love the look esspecially on a fit woman. ;)

Totally agree, but its hard to define class to some people, was not that many years ago when this was enforced, do remember cruise lines giving really ugly jackets and ties to people that wanted to eat in MDR and did not dress to standards , some people seem to be dresses like circus clowns

Totally agree, but its hard to define class to some people, was not that many years ago when this was enforced, do remember cruise lines giving really ugly jackets and ties to people that wanted to eat in MDR and did not dress to standards , some people seem to be dresses like circus clowns

As long as everyone behaves themselves and are not over boisterous it shouldn't matter to much what people are wearing in the dining room.

Is this a personal experience that for some reason burns in the recesses of your memory? :o:confused:

It seems to happen everywhere.

Every ship, hotel and outside restaurant there always seems to be 1 who sounds like they are blowing a trumpet.

It is disgusting when you are eating and much worse than someone wearing shorts.

• 3 months later...