"our award-winning website"

cruisestitch

The automated message I get when I try to call Celebrity tells me to go to their "award-winning website"

Does anyone have any idea what award they might have won?

And if there really is an award-winning website out there somewhere, why won't they let us use it? They make us use the crappy one.

The website equivalent of the golden raspberry awards!

Latest glitches...

Can't clear the accept cookies prompt (on the .com site)

Can't select cabin and therefore proceed with booking with Chrome (on the uk siite) tried clearing cookies, clearing cache etc but no luck.

Their website is disfunctional. I'm not one to want to put people out of a job, but someone is either not doing there job or isn't been given the resources to get it right. Something needs to change, I know of NO commercial website as poor , in terms of functionality, as Celebrity's

Clearly the brief was to make their website look sexy , but not to worry about people being able to book or manage their bookings through it.

Award for the only website where you can't pay online! I thought I had paid my pre-paid gratuities, everything seemed to go through until I checked my credit card and no charge from Celebrity! I will have to phone in just like I did when I paid the balance.

I just tried to check in. Was able to do it, after going around in circles. Can't get boarding pass yet.

Their web site has really turned me off to sailing with them. I came over from Princess because I need this cruise in Sept. Princess did not have it until Oct. So, I booked with X. The web site is awful ever since I book. I did want to book two more cruises for the winter. I did, but not with X, back to Princess. I tried to look for the cruises on X, but went around in circles. Just not worth it to me to spend so much time on X's web site.

I came back to X after about 6 year of sailing with other lines, and their web site just sent me back to the other lines.

I have come to the conclusion that the IT department is one of three things, incompetent, drunk or drugged. I logged onto my account today to see about my Reflections Ultimate Caribbean cruise. It says that in Grand Cayman we are docked. Grand Cayman is always tendered. The cruise leaves from Port Everglades. It says check in time is 8:30 AM. PST!! Why is it giving me Pacific Standard Time for a Caribbean Cruise leaving from Florida to the Caribbean? When I scroll down the page it suggests 3 shore excursions I may be interested in. The first is Beachfront Santa Monica, Malibu and Beverly Hills with airport drop off. The second is San Diego and La Jolla Highlights with airport drop off. The third is Panoramic Astoria! Really? That would be a very long bus ride from Ft. Lauderdale, but perhaps that's why they give the check in time in Pacific Standard Time. I think the prize the website wins in the Booby Prize!:confused::eek::mad:

They actually have some awards for the website but I have no idea who was dumb enough to give these out.

• 2016 travAlliancemedia’s Travvy Awards Gold: Best Cruise Line Website
    • The only available info on this was that the runner up was Viking Cruises

[*]2015 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – CelebrityCruises.com, Website – thecelebritycommitment.com, Website – Celebrity Shore Excursions

[*]2014 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – celebritycruises.com – fourth consecutive award-win

[*]2014 Travel Weekly Silver Magellan Award: Website – thecelebritycommitment.com

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website - CelebrityCruises.com – the third consecutive annual Magellan Awards win

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – ExperienceCelebrity.com

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: CelebrityCruises.com – Gold Award for Website

[*]2012 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: CelebrityCruises.com – Gold Award for Website

I was going to go one by one explaining but all these Travel Weekly ones are identical, basically, these are all pay to enter awards that market themselves specifically as marketing tools and probably are judged by people who have never seen the website. These awards exist only for Celebrity to say that in the phone thing.

They actually have some awards for the website but I have no idea who was dumb enough to give these out.

• 2016 travAlliancemedia’s Travvy Awards Gold: Best Cruise Line Website
    • The only available info on this was that the runner up was Viking Cruises

[*]2015 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – CelebrityCruises.com, Website – thecelebritycommitment.com, Website – Celebrity Shore Excursions

[*]2014 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – celebritycruises.com – fourth consecutive award-win

[*]2014 Travel Weekly Silver Magellan Award: Website – thecelebritycommitment.com

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website - CelebrityCruises.com – the third consecutive annual Magellan Awards win

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: Website – ExperienceCelebrity.com

[*]2013 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: CelebrityCruises.com – Gold Award for Website

[*]2012 Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Award: CelebrityCruises.com – Gold Award for Website

I was going to go one by one explaining but all these Travel Weekly ones are identical, basically, these are all pay to enter awards that market themselves specifically as marketing tools and probably are judged by people who have never seen the website. These awards exist only for Celebrity to say that in the phone thing.

Note that all of the "awards" are prior to the launch of the new site in 2017!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Note that all of the "awards" are prior to the launch of the new site in 2017!

Well, the old website was only better in terms of meeting a baseline: functioning which the new one fails to even do. I don't recall the old one being too award deserving in any way.

Well, the old website was only better in terms of meeting a baseline: functioning which the new one fails to even do. I don't recall the old one being too award deserving in any way.

Agreed. However it did have some basic functionality. The new one is very pretty, but that's the only positive thing that it has going for it.

The automated message I get when I try to call Celebrity tells me to go to their "award-winning website"

Does anyone have any idea what award they might have won?

And if there really is an award-winning website out there somewhere, why won't they let us use it? They make us use the crappy one.

I was thinking that the www in http://www.Celebrity.com stood for "World's Worst Website"

Your 2 posts crack me up [emoji1] .

Nothing like reading a thread about Celebrity's website to make a person laugh and chuckle!