Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Sea days will never be the same.... :loudcry::loudcry:

I don't mind X "adding" new "for a price" items but to remove a favourite and replace it will be hard to swallow (unlike the mast burgers which were delicious).

Agree 100%!

On a similar note, do they still offer Sushi at the SVC at nights on ship's that have Sushi on 5?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

All Celebrity ships (other than Galapagos based) have Sushi on 5 now. If by SVC you are referring to the buffet, no, sushi is not available anymore at the buffet.

All Celebrity ships (other than Galapagos based) have Sushi on 5 now. If by SVC you are referring to the buffet, no, sushi is not available anymore at the buffet.

Well That doesn't bode well for 'regular' burgers to remain at the buffet. And why would they?

Well That doesn't bode well for 'regular' burgers to remain at the buffet. And why would they?

They might; unlike with the sushi Celebrity announced the burgers would be moved to the buffet. Also their regular burgers use extremely cheap ingredients, are easy to prepare and are somewhat filling, so makes sense for Celebrity to have them available if there is demand.

Ahhhh .... We sooo enjoyed The Mast Grill ...That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Will be checking out Princess and Holland.... Hate being taken advantage off...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is really dissapointing to hear! :(

We were recently at a resort hotel, had a Kobe style burger (cooked to order) , at least 1/2 pound cooked, on a fresh brioche bun with good thick bacon, cheese and fries for $12. It was cut in half so we could share and we didnt have to stand in line to order and look for a table to eat it at either!

Bo, it is 0% Kobe beef and I say that with 100% certainty. And it is an issue; it is like a watch vendor selling and calling something a Rolex that is a far inferior knockoff.

Reminds me of a sign I saw outside a store in the Turkish countryside that read "Genuine Fake Watches".

At least they were honest.

Reminds me of a sign I saw outside a store in the Turkish countryside that read "Genuine Fake Watches".

At least they were honest.

Ha, was actually thinking about that as I was typing my prior post (saw a genuine fake was shop in Turkey as well during my Holy Land cruise). :)

r - technically, they did not 'remove' those burgers, but 'moved' them to the OVC.

Granted they are not 'freshly' grilled, and I presume one can order a fresh grilled one, but they are still available for public consumption.

bon voyage

I wonder how long before someone takes a spill in the Ocean View because people are running in to get a burger with dripping bathing suits. Doesn't seem very smart to me.

w/homemade brioche bun

Made by Grandma no doubt in her own little kitchen. And of course it's real Kobe beef. They have Geisha Girls massaging the Texas cattle.

Boy it didn't take Celebrity long to consider the Constellation experiment a success huh?

Watch out, the homemade ice cream is next. $10 for two dips. (just a prediction not announced YET)

Made by Grandma no doubt in her own little kitchen. And of course it's real Kobe beef. They have Geisha Girls massaging the Texas cattle.

Boy it didn't take Celebrity long to consider the Constellation experiment a success huh?

Watch out, the homemade ice cream is next. $10 for two dips. (just a prediction not announced YET)

Wow I was just thinking is Ice cream the next item to charge for.

New attraction on the lawn, watch the grass fed kobe get massaged!

Forgive me for hijacking the thread ... so if one r-e-a-l-l-y wants a good burger on the Equinox, would it make more sense to try the Gastrobar burger at $12 over the Mast grill $10? My recent experience on Celebrity was the Solstice this past January and there wasn't a Gastrobar onboard.

I can totally live without a burger on a cruise, but we'll be on the Equinox in 6 days with adult son & girlfriend and they might still want to do a burger.

Thanks.

Disappointed. We have our evenings to enjoy upscale dining. Our kids are now not going to be allowed at the grill for lunch at the pool. Everyone will need to dry off, coverup etc for the buffet. There was something fun about grabbing a burger in your swimsuit. Hubby says he'll just go to the buffet and bring a platter of the old burgers out. Can we bring food from the buffet up to the Mast Grill tables?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by missthesea

I wonder how long before someone takes a spill in the Ocean View because people are running in to get a burger with dripping bathing suits. Doesn't seem very smart to me.
You know that Carnival allows passengers to go the buffet with no shoes, no shirt AND in bathing suits?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk