Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Glad Celebrity is making these changes. The Free burgers will continue to available AT THE BUFFET so people will have to walk another 50 feet. celebrity is a Luxury line and a Luxury Burger will be fun to try. Our experience at the burger bar is that they are pre made frozen and mediocre so we welcome the change. Also.....Maybe the cost will cut back on the lines....some people are tight..if they want free burgers by the pool.....perhaps its time to change cruiselines.........

And maybe with any luck, if people all decide to start paying for pool grub, X then might decide to charge a fee per day for the loungers, too, oh and then when they see that people are willing to pay for loungers, how about charging to use the public toilets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the idea of charging for the loungers. I have seen people hug them one for the beach bag one for the towel. I am on a Rollator and one day I plunked down in the one said you can't sit there I said when your company comes then I'll get up. No one ever came and she already had two other chairs for people who never showed up. They should have some sort of a flag system on the chair that like the towels you put your little flag up that you came say at 10 and they'll know by the thing and when you return you have to take the flag with you or your charged. They also need more help beside the help that takes drink orders and people that have the balls to enforce the rules. I know I certainly do and I'm not getting paid a penny. I think it's a travesty that the Mast bar grill will charge. Yes it is a luxury liner so should you should be treated with luxury not with dollar store prices or make believe Kobe beef piss on them

Very sad to read this.

I also am very sad.....

this is the stuff that gives cruise line a bad name.

Please just charge me 10 or 20 bucks more on the cruise and

be done with it. Save the nickel and dime chargesfor the other lines.

I took a group of 15 on our last cruise and several said wow...these

hamburgs are no charge ??? I replied...well of course they are !

now how silly do I feel !

Brockmom

I also am ashamed of Celebrity !

Replacing Mast Grill is our new Top Deck Burger Bar which offers gourmet burgers and hot dogs at a la carte pricing. Top Deck Burger Bar will be serving gourmet burgers such as an 8 oz. dry aged Kobe Beef burger served on a Homemade Brioche Bun. We have moved our complimentary burgers into the Oceanview Café.

Well, that's fine and well, but you won't see me forking out money OR my "free" Onboard Credit to buy into this scheme. It is ridiculous that people can't go grab a free meal BY THE POOL. If I'm in my wet bathing suit I can't exactly go grab a burger from the buffet now, can I.

We, the People, are not burger SUCKERS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would not mind paying if there was an increase with the quality of the offerings. The quality of the beef was suspect but when adding mayo, ketchup, relish, bacon, cheese, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, it actually tasted good.

You should be able to taste something without putting condiments on it. I could actually eat a lima bean by putting all that stuff on it and not know what the hell I'm meeting. It is a crime crime crime I hope they lose money because of it straight across the board. They give you a lot of ship would credit but then want you to spend it on crap. Very disappointed in this and hope enough people complain that it will be changed. If not I just don't buy there by there

There was a time that X read these threads and even commented when there was enough negativity. No more. I don't think they really give a damn what people think.

If you didn't notice they have already responded twice on this spread

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you didn't notice they have already responded twice on this spread

Unfortunately you've never experienced the previous person who managed the handle Celebrity Cruises. They actually conversed and cared about their cruise line. The current person or persons using the Celebrity Cruises handle currently only copies and pastes from their web site and is not allowed to deviate from the wording. They must follow the Celebrity verbiage to the letter.

Unfortunately you've never experienced the previous person who managed the handle Celebrity Cruises. They actually conversed and cared about their cruise line. The current person or persons using the Celebrity Cruises handle currently only copies and pastes from their web site and is not allowed to deviate from the wording. They must follow the Celebrity verbiage to the letter.

That is a shame for the company and a losted opportunity.

It was always nice to get a burger and fries to split with my sis when at the pool.

Now, we will have to enter an already crowded buffet for a burger in a warming pan.

Not the same at all. Very disappointed in Celebrity.

Not paying extra for a burger when I can make a far better one at home :(

I also am very sad.....

this is the stuff that gives cruise line a bad name.

Please just charge me 10 or 20 bucks more on the cruise and

be done with it. Save the nickel and dime chargesfor the other lines.

I took a group of 15 on our last cruise and several said wow...these

hamburgs are no charge ??? I replied...well of course they are !

now how silly do I feel !

Brockmom

I also am ashamed of Celebrity !

This is so well said. I agree 100%.

Thanks for clarifying what myself and some others knew to be the case. Please have Celebrity change the menus to reflect this; at least in the US labeling something as "Kobe beef" on a menu is not legal (if it is not one of the very few restaurants actually serving Kobe beef). While "Kobe Style" and "American Kobe" are silly, meaningless terms when used by restaurants, at least they are legal and are not false advertising.

IMHO even better than referring to the meat as "American Kobe Style Beef" would be referring to them by their USDA grade - i.e. if the meat is truly dry-aged USDA prime - call it that! That is something definitely worthy of an up-charge and I would gladly shell out $10 next cruise to try such a burger. When a restaurant calls something "American Kobe Style Beef" it does not provide any information regarding the quality of the meat; it could in fact be anything - even cutter or canner grade.

Was recently at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, and saw this on the menu....I believe it was under $15.

https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/glamburgers-and-sandwiches/kobe-burger/

Those affected received either $6 or $9 that had to be spent at Fuddruckers.

But for the lawyers: In this case, Settlement Class Counsel will request an award of $89,000 for attorneys’ fees and costs. They do not have to spend this at Fuddruckers.

Not being mis-led, yet being led to ask more questions and not blindly accepting what is written or posted, as we all have encountered situations similar to this, had we asked a critical question at point of purchase then there would be no issues after purchase.

And what if you're told, "I'm not sure, er..." or "It's Kobe beef"...?

, how about charging to use the public toilets?

This would be an excellent idea, you could convert each one to either a speciality restaurant or small deluxe boutique. If guests need the toilet they can easily go back to their cabin.

I'd love to see a $10 Civet Coffee, or maybe a special $1000 Rolex Watch Shop. The toilets by the showroom would make excellent Show merchandise shops where you can buy the soundtrack for Topper and Rock City. Or a Photobooth where for a fee you can have your photo taken with a. Member of staff or pretending to steer the ship in a mocked up studio. The possibilities are endless if people are just prepared to walk a few extra steps back to their cabin.

What's that $10 Civet Coffee and a. $1000 Rolex? It's a US Style Civet like instant blend and Thai Style Rolex - look mister sweeping hand very good

I feel Celebrity is going to sell Kobe "style" beef on their ships. This is a cross between cattle from Japan (breed for Kobe Beef) or (Wagyu beef) and the best Angus cattle meat in the United States.

This process caused Kobe Style Beef started around 2012 or 2014.

Edited by cruise47

Unfortunately you've never experienced the previous person who managed the handle Celebrity Cruises.

You are correct. Devin really went out of his way to help. He would reach out to me on Twitter DM's or e-mail me after reading something I would post here on CC always trying to be helpful. When the new regime took over he was tossed out. That alone makes me wonder about LLP's decision making abilities.

This is a real bummer. When I'm sitting at the pool (when I've actually found 2 loungers together that is. LOL) I don't always want to gather up my stuff to go into the buffet, take forever finding a table there, have lunch, and then start the lounger finding process all over again. A quick burger or hot dog was always a lunch staple on any cruise ship, but it's not worth $5 or $10. I mean, Carnival has Guy Fieri burgers and they don't charge for them!

My wife and I must be in a minority as we don't go on a cruise to dine on pizza, burgers, hot dogs, sausages or fries.

If we want them many places around us have happy hours with 1/2 lb angus burgers for $5 or less

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

My wife and I must be in a minority as we don't go on a cruise to dine on pizza, burgers, hot dogs, sausages or fries.

If we want them many places around us have happy hours with 1/2 lb angus burgers for $5 or less

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I think some people are upset that it was a free option out by the pool area on M Class ships so you did not have to get dressed to go get something to eat. I'm sure it's very popular place during summer time and school breaks.

Was recently at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, and saw this on the menu....I believe it was under $15.

https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/glamburgers-and-sandwiches/kobe-burger/

Since they describe it as "American Style Kobe Beef" it is legal. It is only a legal issue if the description is simply "Kobe beef" - and it is not actual Kobe beef. Any restaurant (in US at least) can use the term "American Style Kobe" or even "Kobe Style" - but it is just a silly term to use, as it has absolutely zero meaning. While there is some excellent quality domestic beef that is a cross-breed between Wagyu (Japanese cattle) and Angus (American cattle) that is superior to typical USDA prime, since the terms American Style Kobe Beef and Kobe Style Beef are not regulated in the US with regards to their use at restaurants - a restaurant could simply call the worst, cheapest 100% domestic beef American Style Kobe.

I agree!

You should be able to taste something without putting condiments on it. I could actually eat a lima bean by putting all that stuff on it and not know what the hell I'm meeting. It is a crime crime crime I hope they lose money because of it straight across the board. They give you a lot of ship would credit but then want you to spend it on crap. Very disappointed in this and hope enough people complain that it will be changed. If not I just don't buy there by there

By pure chance, I was in an upscale grocery store yesterday killing time just south of the SFO airport. I saw the "snake river farms" signage on a package of hot-dogs. They were either $42 for a pound or a package. :eek:

I am a Costco shopper and am not accustomed to paying such a high amount for a hot dog, but I do understand the idea that some folks want a really high end product and are willing to pay for it. I would be willing to try the $10 burger, and living in the SF Bay area there are many that charge that and more, but I would not hesitate to send it back if it weren't up to par.

Just my opinion,

Scanditaly