Packing Cubes

Oceangoer2

I've read a post not too long ago re 'Packing Cubes' which will fit into the storage area over the bed. Can't find the info now. Can anyone tell me where these can be purchased? I've googled but the sizes don't seem compatible.

we were on Equinox in May and used collapsible cubes purchased at dollar tree and other similar stores. size was maximum 1 Ft cubed to fit in overheads. where we got them shows they need not be expensive. they fold flat so don't add much to your baggage. handy for stuff like socks, underwear, etc. daughter used one for her makeup and hair straightened.

We use storage cubes and they work very well. They have the storage cubes on Amazon but apparently you may find cheaper at dollar store

For my last cruise, I bought some smaller ones to organize the tops of dresser/counter. We loved them

Edited by Islander500

You will find several brands and many sizes of the packing cubes on Amazon

This is where I got mine. The cubes made it very convenient. I put T-shirts in one cube, shorts in another, rolled shirts in yet a third. Each item in its own cube. Everything fit in the overhead except the pants and shirts on hangers. My wife was so impressed she plans to use them on the next cruise. Even though a couple cubes didn't fit exactly, it merely meant the door didn't close completely. This was a non-issue.

Jim

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Instead of packing cubes I use jumbo zip lock bags and they work just fine. I pack each day's intended outfit in a bag and the clothes stay fresh and unwrinkled...they going home I use the bags for laundry or stuff that needs to be wrapped in something for breakage...or may be a little damp..or could leak/break. Cheaper than cubes...and you can buy them in your local supermarket.

Brought several from the DollarTree (US) lightweight, organized the overhead, and left them behind on the Equinox first week of July. Turned one its side to stack T's and shorts and another upright for smaller items. Worked great. Worth the little investment .

We also use the eBags described in post #2. They keep your suitcase really tidy even after the TSA people paw through it. When you arrive in your cabin, you simply transfer them to the drawers and this makes unpacking a snap.

The packing cubes designed to organize your suitcase will fit in the overhead bins. The collapsible ones will also. I've found that the ones available at Target will fit 3 across in those bins.

The collapsible ones are useful for other places as well. How about that bedside thing that is just shelves? I have smaller ones I use there to corral all sorts of small things that one would ordinarily put in a drawer (which one would ordinarily expect to find in a bedside table, but I digress). I use one of the larger ones as a laundry hamper.

Im here in the UK and want to go in search of some of these cubes. 1st place to look would be Amazon and then try and find cheaper. We dont have the same kind of $ stores over here but have equivalent £ stores but have never seen such cubes..so the search is on. But it would help if I knew the ideal sizes to look for. Can anyone give any idea of the size of the overhead cupboards on th S class ships ?

T.I.A.

Fig

we were on Equinox in May and used collapsible cubes purchased at dollar tree and other similar stores. size was maximum 1 Ft cubed to fit in overheads. where we got them shows they need not be expensive. they fold flat so don't add much to your baggage. handy for stuff like socks, underwear, etc. daughter used one for her makeup and hair straightened.

Yes, I think this is the item that most people are talking about for storage in the compartments over the bed. The e-bags packing cubes are great for packing your suitcase but much more expensive as is the Pac-It Envelope system which I've been using for years. The $1 collapsible cubes in the USA (OP was from Canada) can usually be purchased in a Dollar Store; Tree, Family, Dollar General and even Walmart for a little more. They are light weight, easily packed at the bottom of a suitcase or in an outside pocket. T-shirts, shorts, underwear, sock, swim wear etc. all store very nicely in these. Of course reaching up for these can be a little of a struggle if one is petite. Good Luck.

Would this be the size to fit the overhead?

Small ( 11" * 6.5" * 3.5")

Just tried to order...company doesn't ship to Canada. Thanks for trying to help.

I have two brands. I will have to look up the name of the one I got online but the second set I bought at the container store. The set from the container store is by Eagle Creek. They are not cheap but they wash very well.

I know you're not asking this question but you might want to check out the toiletry bag from eBags. I believe it is called pack-it-flat. It literally is the thickness of a folded pair of jeans and it is amazing how much it holds. Love it to the point that I have also given some as gifts.

The cubes vary quite a bit in price, material and workmanship. There are also functional differences, some offering, for example, a waterproof compartment which we use for our bathing suits after our final swim. We purchased Eagle Creek cubes online from this Montreal store and they've served us very well (store and cubes!).

https://www.jet-setter.ca/collections/packing-cubes

Would this be the size to fit the overhead?

Small ( 11" * 6.5" * 3.5")

Just tried to order...company doesn't ship to Canada. Thanks for trying to help.

NO - way too small, you want 12X12 8" high (or close to this) You can fit 4 of them for sure maybe we had 5 in the cabinet above the bed. You can get them at Walmart set of 8 for $20.00 or at Target. We also take a "hanging shoe storage" we got from Target or Walmart for $12.00 for my wife shoes. To find them: Google storage cubes then Google Hanging shoe rack you will find lots of places that carry them.:cool: