"Worst Pizza" of the Seas

I'll second that...Princess's pizza is the best!!

I'll third that...Princess = Best Pizza at Sea for sure! Royal's is really bad and that's a disappointment as there is so little food available late night.

We have not been on Quantum & Oasis Class ships so I can not comment on them but we have sailed on a number of Vision, Voyager and Liberty Class ships where the pizza has been mediocre at best. Princess does has very good pizza. I will try it on Oasis this fall and I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

I was on the Anthem last week and had a fabulous time. The pizza at Sorrentos, however, was awful. Barely edible. And I eat frozen pizza without much complaint. It's hard to ruin a pizza, right? This was like really bad frozen pizza with hardly any sauce. I tried it twice, thinking maybe the first time was a fluke. I wouldn't try it again.

Great pizza on Princess and Celebrity, RCI however is pretty bad. I keep trying it time to time to see if there has been any improvement.

Worst ever was Sorento's on Allure. I ordered a pizza, and watched as the server reached down and pulled out a frozen crust 1/2 in. thick from under the counter. She then added the sauce, toppings, etc. When served to me, the crust was just thawing out(wet) with a browned over top.

I think the pizza was better on Harmony in Windjammer than it was at Sorrentos [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what we were told during the tour, it's the same crust either way. Sadly, pizza crust is among the few breads that they don't make onboard. Hamburger and hotdog buns other two notables in that category. Of course, making the crust fresh, would be no guarantee of superiority. I've had some pretty sad crusts at various restaurants over the years, including some pizza parlors.

It's excellent on Quantum & Oasis Class ships where Sorrento's has a dedicated pizza oven and custom prep area

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45095008&highlight=pizza#post45095008

I wrote a review after one of our cruises on Oasis. This is a snippet from our Jan 2016 cruise.....

...I do not know what is going on with the pizza on this ship. The pizza in Sorrento’s was bad. The pizza in the Wipeout Café was bad. The pizza in the Windjammer was not bad but that is because there was no pizza in the Windjammer. But if there had been pizza in there I’m sure it would have been bad. And I have never before been on a RCI ship with out pizza in the Windjammer...

I'd never had an issue with the pizza onboard until my cruise on Navigator two weeks ago . It was truly awful. I tried the pizza in both windjammer and cafe promenade and it was inedible. Even the "goats cheese and mushroom pizza" on the MDR menu was poor.

Pizza consumption and "ratings" are truly one of the most subjective topics on this site.

We happen to live in an area of the country where most locations that serve pizza simply have no clue what "good pizza" should consist of, nor can they offer anything remotely similar to our experiences from living in a "pizza rich" part of the U.S.

What's of note is all that is based on OUR tastes, as there are plenty of "pizza places" located in our home are, and they are all pretty busy most of the time...so SOMEONE is patronizing them.

[This background is just to set the table for our own experiences on board various Royal Caribbean ships]

Our assessment is that some of the pizza is comparable with on shore pizza places...let's call them "average" quality and contents. Others are similar to frozen pizza at a grocery store. In a few cases, we've actually had good slices of pizza at Sorrento's on board Independence of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.

Overall - the pizza on board RCI ships is "OK", but not anything that is worthy of raving about. We consider it a "quick snack meal" and nothing more.

Any chance RC does something to improve this product? It is either inherently bad or the execution on ship fails miserably. Its one of the few foods available publicly very late at night... it would be nice if it was at least decent.

I like it:D

The only good pizza on Royal was flatbreads in Coastal Kitchen, and that may not be around much anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

RCI does a great job with their flatbreads. I was looking forward to it on our last cruise on Freedom but there was none in the Windjammer.:(

Gotta agree with Toxicfairy on this one....Pizza is one of those items that is so highly subjective, there is no way to please all of the people all of the time. First place we hit on our first Carni cruise was the pizza area on the Lido...after all the hoopla here about how theirs is superior to RCCLs...gotta say I was highly disappointed!

Personally, my favorite is deep dish Pizza Hut, but many others would gag on it. Then there is the nostalgic taste of home made Chef Boy R Dee pizza kit my Mom used to make for us, probably the most technically "just wrong" on the planet, but every once in a while I long for it.

I've been to NYC and had the street Pizza and famous Pizzeria shop slices as well. But it's all on the tongue of the taster!

Different strokes for different folks.....and the pizza I've eaten on board is all right with me.

I've actually think Totino's frozen pizza is better than Sorrento's.:D

Spoiler alert- I will now reveal a really clever and tasty Pizza secret. There is one frozen pizza that can be incredible with a little modification.....De Giorno's Pizzeria Supreme (none of their other varieties will work here...the crust is different).....if you doctor it up with fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced onions and maybe some sliced Portobello mushrooms and throw on some Parm, it makes it almost taste like Pizza Hut. Try it sometime;p