How bad is deck 7 on Oasis?

New to RCL. Trying to plan a lower-priced solo cruise this fall. I've noticed I can get a "large interior" stateroom on deck 7 FWD for about $1300 all in, but any other deck selection increases the price by $500-700 for the same category. For example, just moving up to deck 8 brings it to a whopping $2100 for what I assume is the same "large interior stateroom".

I looked at deck plans but don't see anything obvious (such as a theater above or below) that would explain such a huge price discrepancy for the same room category. That said, I'm not used to the same category being a different price depending on where it is (hasn't been a thing on the other lines I've sailed).

Shorter version: anything I should be aware of for deck 7 forward inside rooms on Oasis? Thanks.

New to RCL. Trying to plan a lower-priced solo cruise this fall. I've noticed I can get a "large interior" stateroom on deck 7 FWD for about $1300 all in, but any other deck selection increases the price by $500-700 for the same category. For example, just moving up to deck 8 brings it to a whopping $2100 for what I assume is the same "large interior stateroom".

I looked at deck plans but don't see anything obvious (such as a theater above or below) that would explain such a huge price discrepancy for the same room category. That said, I'm not used to the same category being a different price depending on where it is (hasn't been a thing on the other lines I've sailed).

Shorter version: anything I should be aware of for deck 7 forward inside rooms on Oasis? Thanks.

They cannot be the same category. Are the cabins you are viewing L? M? N? Q?

... Shorter version: anything I should be aware of for deck 7 forward inside rooms on Oasis? Thanks.

Good location, close to Central Park and the Royal Promenade.

Thanks all. Pulling the trigger.

(I guess there is a difference in the category letters, I was just thrown off by the way the deck/upgrade offers are structured.)

What was the date.....??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Poor attempt at humor. Library is next to DL.

She wanted to walk out her door and grab a Latte

OK, I was confused because you said deck 12. DL entrance is on deck 11. Now I see the humor.

Good location, close to Central Park and the Royal Promenade.

Agree. I prefer 9-10 b/c I go to the DL at least 2-4 times per day and prefer to be slightly closer to the upper decks for the other complimentary food locations but would have no problem with 7.

Certainly worth the savings.

What was the date.....??

Er, it's 9/17, but if you're asking just so you can come back and Internetsplain things to me, I already mentioning the different room letters per deck. :)

The previous 2 weeks are also pretty good deals - $549pp Z GTY rate (the 9/10 sailing is on next week's GGG flier at $599 :rolleyes:)

Biker, who is debating booking one of those.

Allure is also $550PP on 9/24.

Prefer Allure over Oasis

What I don't like about deck 7 oasis class is that you will have the "broadway" sign blocking the way from right to left on your deck. So if you are not paying attention and got the elevator on the left side but your stateroom is in your right. You will have to walk one deck up or down to get to your right side. I would never book on deck 7 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What I don't like about deck 7 oasis class is that you will have the "broadway" sign blocking the way from right to left on your deck. So if you are not paying attention and got the elevator on the left side but your stateroom is in your right. You will have to walk one deck up or down to get to your right side. I would never book on deck 7 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shouldn't be an issue as the OP said that they were forward cabins.

The previous 2 weeks are also pretty good deals - $549pp Z GTY rate (the 9/10 sailing is on next week's GGG flier at $599 :rolleyes:)

Biker, who is debating booking one of those.

We're on that week as well. [emoji6]

You'd be pretty hard pressed to miss us anytime in September or October.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We're on that week as well. [emoji6]

You'd be pretty hard pressed to miss us anytime in September or October.

Looks I will - booked the 9/3 sailing. Already planned to be on Merritt Island for a get together for Labor day weekend, so.....