fee requested for fitness activities

Artemisia167

First time on a Celebrity cruise after 12 cruises with Costa and MSC.

I've just read a Reflection Daily activity planner posted online and, to my surprise, I've found several fitness and dance class activities where a fee is applicable (never found in Costa or MSC!! ).

Does anyone know which is the fee?

Thank you in advance

I paid $12 or $13 for a 40 minute Zumba class 2 years ago and was told she had left a space for the gratuity. Canyon Ranch charges for everything ie spinning classes -yoga-zumba

Liz

My only exposure is spinning class and can't recall a time when there was not a charge for the class.

Thx for jogging my memory it was $11 plus gratuity and I was told she had left the additional gratuity blank for me to fill!! Needless to say no extra was given, I get a full hour of Zumba for £4.50 (about $6 US) twice a week so 2 classes for the price of 40 minutes on ships.

Classes/activities offered by staff from the fitness center generally averaged about $10-12 per class. The first is often free and a charge thereafter. There are dance classes offered by members of the Production Team which are free which may include the cha-cha, tango, etc.

You can always work out in the (gym) with weights,tread mills,cardio Mach.run around the deck,walk,not pay a dime,smile at the staff,of course,you can eat less & stay in shape Don't spend money,ha ha

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Zumba instructors are supposed to be certified..people complained when the recreation staff gave the classes because they weren't certified..If I took the class and paid I would not feel a tip is necessary.

They sometimes do something out at the pool...but not Zumba from what I recall.

They used to also have a freebdance event open to all. to raise awareness and $ for breast cancer support. no charge except donation for a shirt. Great turnout for a good cause with a fun time, sometimes emotional and a great workout...Sorry they no longer do it..

I tried both yoga and pilates classes and both were poorly instructed to the point that people without experience could easily get injured

Even the free morning stretch was not properly done . The instructor should be watching people .. and never tell a person to swing their neck in circles.. seriously

We bought a Zumba package last year....basicily a wash in price since we didn't get to as many classes as we hoped... People would walk in an try to join in..leader would tell them it is a paid class. There were line dancing sessions by the pool some afternoons that were a good workout if you wanted it to be...and fun.

I also enjoyed the Cancer Fund raiser. Folks would join that won't normally take a class..

I guess its all a matter of perspective. I was happy to pay $11 for classes on Celebrity after spending $30 on Royal Caribbean. Most times I work out on my own - the fitness centers are very well equipped - but sometimes its nice to get a little extra push.

It doesn't take a genius to see the trend. Give it a few years, and you will be charged for everything. Want dinner in the dinning room? Have that sail card out. Want you bed made every day? We'll there is a "resort fee" for that. Want to see a show? No problem, just have your sail card out when you enter. Last month got off the Equinox and we had two pages of charges and really hadn't done anything special. Its really a shame that the "all inclusive" cruise is dead on the larger cruise lines. They have lost me as a customer.

Edited by ano