Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

If you lived in the south east Would you consider it?

Depending on the itinerary and price (which would most likely be the problem for me), I would be interested in boarding Anthem in PC. Just not interested enough to fly to New Jersey for it.

What is an inter porting cruise?

That's where cruisers can start their cruise at more than one port on the itinerary.

For example, if Anthem is doing Bayonne, Port Canaveral, Nassau, Bayonne, some cruisers can start their cruise in Port Canaveral and do Nassau, Bayonne, and end their cruise in Port Canaveral.

Interporting is more common in Europe where Royal might have initial embarkation in both Barcelona and Rome.

Thanks Bob, Carnival did that in the 90's with St Thomas and Dominican Republic out of San Juan. Weird seeing suitcases in the hallways mid cruise and muster drills.

I don't know if they do that anymore.

That would be interesting. At least we would have the option of choosing the port with the least expensive airfare.:)

That's where cruisers can start their cruise at more than one port on the itinerary.

For example, if Anthem is doing Bayonne, Port Canaveral, Nassau, Bayonne, some cruisers can start their cruise in Port Canaveral and do Nassau, Bayonne, and end their cruise in Port Canaveral.

Interporting is more common in Europe where Royal might have initial embarkation in both Barcelona and Rome.

Thanks Bob, Carnival did that in the 90's with St Thomas and Dominican Republic out of San Juan. Weird seeing suitcases in the hallways mid cruise and muster drills.

I don't know if they do that anymore.

RC did it one season several years ago. You could board in San Juan an or Guadalupe.

I wonder if interporting in the US muddies the water on "closed loop" cruises and ability to take passengers without passports.

Roy

As long as a guest starts and ends at the same US port, it should not be a problem. However, I don't know how they would handle the zero count requirement that seems to be a US government rule. Might need the Chief to weigh on on this.

Most of us don’t. When we go, we get a hotel package with a car, and we go around the island on our own. Really not expensive at all. I just like some vacations where you aren’t hustling back to the ship every night. Especially in Maui where you have the joy of tendering. Most places I’m ok with cruising. Some places a cruise won’t do for me. My last post on this. Sorry for hijacking the Deployment thread.

Don't be sorry. This discussion about Hawaii is giving me some great ideas for a Hawaii cruise and land vacation!

Don't be sorry. This discussion about Hawaii is giving me some great ideas for a Hawaii cruise and land vacation!

Honestly, we are finding we love our cruises coupled with land vacations better. I don’t think my preferred way to see Hawaii will be daily snippets on a cruise. Glad if it helped you.

What can we expect this week.

I'm looking for the repo Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.

Also wondering what phase 1 Europe for next will bring.

Bermuda, Canada New England sailings from NE as well as soon Europe, Oasis for sure and possibly some Northern. There is a webinar tomorrow afternoon for TAs on this weeks deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bermuda, Canada New England sailings from NE as well as soon Europe, Oasis for sure and possibly some Northern. There is a webinar tomorrow afternoon for TAs on this weeks deployment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have a link to that???

Honestly, we are finding we love our cruises coupled with land vacations better. I don’t think my preferred way to see Hawaii will be daily snippets on a cruise. Glad if it helped you.

Do both:D

In 2014 we did Radiance Vancouver to Honolulu which includes 5dy island hopping then went to our timeshare in Maui, one of our best ever trips:):)