Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

There's a big hole in the Oasis 2019 schedule. Is it safe to assume that there will be a TA to Miami about 2 weeks before the Miami cruises shown begin?

Roy

During the summer period May - October 2019, she will be sailing out of Barcelona on 7 night Med sailings, and she will be drydocked in Europe as well.

BTW: The cruise call list of Geirangerfjord (Norway) has been updated today, and now shows Explorer of the Seas the 17th of Sep 2019.

Seems RCI has changed the plans again, not to deploy Voyager out of Southampton, but Explorer.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Even so, have you never ported somewhere and thought "one day is just not long enough".

Splitting the TP gives each criuser the option of BTB, or as few or many land days as they wish. :D

So far Naples was way to short. I'll probably feel the same with St Petersburg this summer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What schedule/dates are you looking at? We're interested in dates of both Oasis transatlantics.

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

Looks like Oasis last sailing out of Port Canaveral ends May 5, and the first one out of Miami begins November 10. If she spends that entire gap in Europe and does the typical 12-day transatlantic then the eastbound would be May 5-17 and the westbound would be about October 29-November 10. I usually prefer westbound cruise ship transatlantics because I prefer to sail the other direction on QM2 which usually is still on her World Cruise for the normal eastbound transatlantic season.

I think this year either of those dates could work for me, OM2 has a westbound June 3 which would leave me about 2 weeks to play around in Europe, and an eastbound October 18 which would fit an October 29 TA as well.

Roy

unless that Explorer booking is a placeholder for something else.

I doubt it, because before the updates Navigator was listed, after another update it was Voyager, which is now replaced by Explorer again.

Let's see how the other cruise lists will look like in the next days/weeks, if Voyager will also be replaced by Explorer (such as Gibraltar or Le Havre).

During the summer period May - October 2019, she will be sailing out of Barcelona on 7 night Med sailings, and she will be drydocked in Europe as well.

BTW: The cruise call list of Geirangerfjord (Norway) has been updated today, and now shows Explorer of the Seas the 17th of Sep 2019.

Seems RCI has changed the plans again, not to deploy Voyager out of Southampton, but Explorer.

Looks like Oasis last sailing out of Port Canaveral ends May 5, and the first one out of Miami begins November 10. If she spends that entire gap in Europe and does the typical 12-day transatlantic then the eastbound would be May 5-17 and the westbound would be about October 29-November 10. I usually prefer westbound cruise ship transatlantics because I prefer to sail the other direction on QM2 which usually is still on her World Cruise for the normal eastbound transatlantic season.

Roy

I would love to do the Westbound Oasis TA, but unfortunately Nov 10 is too late for me getting back to work. Our winter season cutoff is actually Nov 1, but I managed to stretch it into the first week of November this year and last for the Freedom and Harmony TA's. In 2018 we are doing the Sept 1 TA on the Brilliance. I may have took at another option for 2019.:( I am not quite ready to retire yet.

I think this year either of those dates could work for me, OM2 has a westbound June 3 which would leave me about 2 weeks to play around in Europe, and an eastbound October 18 which would fit an October 29 TA as well.

Roy

Thanks Roy for this information, these dates would work on for us too. Fingers crossed they release the sailings on December 11th ;-)

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

There's a big hole in the Oasis 2019 schedule. Is it safe to assume that there will be a TA to Miami about 2 weeks before the Miami cruises shown begin?

Roy

Oasis of the Seas will depart Barcelona for a Transatlantic sailing on the 27th of October, 2019 with stops at Palma de Mallorca on the 28th and Malaga on the 30th of October, 2019 with arrival most likely on Friday the 8th of November for a possible 2 night sailing prior to starting the winter season.

As they state that Oasis will yet again undergo a major refurbishment prior to home-porting at Miami, that would seem to indicate a dry dock prior to the European season.

They currently have the ship sailing from Barcelona from the 5th of May for the summer season.

This would indicate that several Oasis sailings might be cancelled or changed over to another ship.

It will be interesting to see if they will do a Eastbound TA sailing with Oasis or just start the renovation on the way over to Cadiz or Freeport.

I doubt it, because before the updates Navigator was listed, after another update it was Voyager, which is now replaced by Explorer again.

Let's see how the other cruise lists will look like in the next days/weeks, if Voyager will also be replaced by Explorer (such as Gibraltar or Le Havre).

That is the first update. I was checking on Tuesday and there were no changes yet. I suspected Voyager was actually booked in Asia and that Explorer would head over when they confirmed Ovation finally for Alaska.

Thanks for the update.

I bet Oasis does drydock when she arrives in Europe. That’s what they did for Allure, after the 2014 Oasis issues in Rotterdam with not enough time before the Westbound TA. Many of us remember that.

I’ve decided not to do the WB in 2019. Same ports and we have done Oasis, Harmony, and have Symphony WB next fall. Time for a change in the fall.

Hi Roy!!!!

I can make this statement. Brilliance has just been Chartered for 2019 November 30 - December 7. A 7 night High Seas Rally Cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Brilliance will return to Tampa later in 2019. Brilliance will do a Barcelona mini-season following the summer in Amsterdam. Brilliance will most likely sail on the 28th of October from Barcelona on a 2 week sailing that will include Ibiza and Palma de Mallorca along with other ports on a 14 night sailing and reach Tampa on the 11th of November 2019, a couple weeks prior to this charter sailing.

I'm surprised that they haven't released the Spring 2019 TA's. Not giving them much time to fill the ship if they wait until the Spring of 2018.

I'm surprised too, because they normally release out to April, when most of the Spring TA's would take place. Could be they know so much would be up in the air that they decided to put it off.

I'm surprised too, because they normally release out to April, when most of the Spring TA's would take place. Could be they know so much would be up in the air that they decided to put it off.

And people would be upset if they change their booked cruise. Maybe Royals way to help eliminate the backup bookings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bet Oasis does drydock when she arrives in Europe. That’s what they did for Allure, after the 2014 Oasis issues in Rotterdam with not enough time before the Westbound TA. Many of us remember that.

I’ve decided not to do the WB in 2019. Same ports and we have done Oasis, Harmony, and have Symphony WB next fall. Time for a change in the fall.

Hi Roy!!!!

Same here, Karen. The dates don't work for me, but I also don't want to do a repeat of the Harmony ports. Maybe I'll be looking at Alaska, Hawaii or a fall colors cruise on Quantum.